Nine

Polar Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yifan hyung, aren’t you tired?” Chanlie tries to break the ice. His hyung might not be the most talkative person in the world but tonight Yifan is eerily silent, with eyes piercing to his phone or sometimes glancing to the door.

“Hm?” He doesn’t even lift his eyes up from his phone.

“I’m tired, Hyung.” Chanlie yawns, stretching his body to ease the tense muscles but Yifan still doesn’t pay him any mind, busy with his phone. And this picks up Chanlie’s curiosity.

“What are you doing, Hyung?”  He tries to peer over his shoulder but Yifan’s glare making him stops.

“Aigoo, Hyung-nim. Kyungsoon needs sometime alone from his overbearing husband.” Chanlie tsks. Too late. He has already saw the screen.

“She’s going to be okay, Hyung. Don’t worry. Baekhee and Liuhua noona are there with her.” He pats his hyung’s shoulder but Yifan just sighs.

“That is exactly what I am afraid of.”

Chanlie shrugs off the previous statement, Yifan hyung is too uptight sometimes.

“I’m tired, Hyung. Can I sleep over? I will sleep in the guest room.”

“Wait. You take the master bedroom. I’ll be sleeping in the guest room.”

“Why?”

“Just do what I say.”

Yifan hyung is like a time bomb when he is angry and Chanlie knows better than to rub him in the wrong side when he is irritated. And to be honest, he is too tired to argue with Yifan.

“Okay.”

“This way.” Yifan leads him into the master bedroom and Chanlie trails behind him.

“Chanlie.”

“Hm?”

“You must promise me one thing.”

“What is it, hyung?” Chanlie frowns, rubbing his eyes tiredly. He is dead tired from work and Yifan’s moodswing is certainly not appreciated at this point.

“Whatever you see in my apartment, won’t go anywhere. Not even to Mom.”

Chanlie is wide awake now, blinking trying to process what Yifan has said. He is about to ask the meaning when Yifan opens the door. And now he knows why.

Yifan hyung and Kyungsoon sleep in different bedrooms.

---

“Will it be okay if I stay here for the night?” Kyungsoon shifts uncomfortably in her seat. She is sitting in Jongdae’s sofa in the living room.

“Yeah, it’s okay. And I certainly won’t let you drive alone in this kind of weather anyway. It’s dangerous to drive in heavy rain.” Jongdae walks from the kitchen with a steaming hot chocolate on his hand and gives it to Kyungsoon.

“Yeah.” She gets his point. “But I mean, wouldn’t your girlfriend be mad if you let a woman stay in your house?”

Jongdae lets a chuckle before shaking his head slowly, “Don’t have one at the moment. Besides, it’s you who need permission from Yifan hyung. Will you be okay? Don’t you need to call him?”

Kyungsoon hesitates. She has thought about it before, maybe it’s better if she told Yifan that she would be staying in Jongdae’s place for a night. But she can’t forget the incident in the afternoon when she saw him hugged Junhee. And to be honest, it wounds her.

He doesn’t care about me anyway.

“Nah, it’s okay. Yifan would understand.” Jongdae nods and shows her the room where she could stay.

“This is my noona’s room. But it hasn’t been occupied since she went to Shanghai last year. So,” Jongdae scratches the back of his neck. “I’m sorry that this is so simple.”

“No, this is good enough.” Kyungsoon sends him a warm smile. “I like it. Thanks, Jongdae.”

“Ah. Um. I see. Good night then, Kyungsoon-sshi.” He bids her goodnight and rushing into his room, acutely aware with Kyungsoon’s eyes following him.

Jongdae knows that he is being rude but he can’t let Kyungsoon know the budding warmth that he feels whenev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter