Bright smile

But I Loved You.

Yoomi stilled for a moment.

In the silence that filled the whole room, everyone was tense, waiting for Yoomi's reaction. L.Joe braced himself for the tears that he expected to burst from Yoomi.

Yoomi walked shakily over to him, took a deep breath, and to everyone's surprise, she gave the brightest smile ever. 

"Seobang! Did you miss me?"

"uh..yeah.."L.Joe stuttered.

It was plain and obvious that Yoomi had heard everything...so why was she acting like this?

"Seoba- no. L.Joe oppa, even if you find me annoying I'm going to keep hanging around you because you're the only one I have...I promise you, if I annoy and displease you so much, I'll leave after I find someone who loves me back....just let me hold onto you a little bit longer...." She thought to herself.

-

Narrator's

That was Yoomi for you. Bright, sunny, and optimistic even if the world ended. But it was true. She only had L.Joe, whom she trusted completely with her life. Ever since they met each other when they were young, back when L.Joe wasn't anything like a Kingka, back when he was wimpy, only Yoomi would be his friend. Maybe that was why he had allowed her to be around him constantly for so long. Above all, he treasured her as a close friend, maybe a surrogate sister. 

/flashback/

"Look Byunghun! A shooting star~ make a wish!" a 8 year old Yoomi squealed excitedly.

"I...I wish I could be tougher so that more people would be my friend..."

"You have me don't you!"

"Right...."

"Byunghun~ You know what I wished for?"

"Hmm?"

"For us to be together forever! Maybe when we grow up....we could date!"

Byunghun couldn't say no to her doe-like eyes.

"...Okay. Yeah."

/end flashback/

It was because he had held onto that night, that promise, that he allowed her to call her seobang, to keep him away from other girls, to be his friend.

Even at her most annoying, she was still endearingly sweet and treated him with lots of care.

She was Yoomi. Just who she is, and he doubted he could ever change her, and he didn't want to.

-

 

 

 

If only Yoomi would step out of the way so he could be free to confess to her best friend.

Hwang Hana.