07

But I Loved You.

 

Yoomi hummed softly to herself as she went around the library picking books.
There was a particular one she needed but it was on a really really high shelf, out of her reach.  She tried reaching for it.  She tried jumping up to get it but just came crashing down instead.  
*so cute* Myungsoo thought as he watched her. He walked out from his hiding place behind the shelf and easily got the book down without even having to tiptoe.
 "Hmph." Yoomi pouted as she made a grab for the book. Myungsoo held it just out of her reach, teasing her by sticking out his tongue.  Yoomi jumped up.
"Gotcha!" she managed to grab it out of Myungsoo's hand. However, when she landed she lost her balance, causing her to fall.  Yoomi closed her eyes and waited for the jarring impact of the ground but it didn't come.  Instead, she felt an arm around her, grasping her waist tightly to prevent her from falling.
Yoomi's face reddened immediately when she realized it was myungsoo.  Myungsoo gave her a cute boyish grin as he let her go once she regained her balance.
"Er...thanks oppa."
"No problem."


The two sat back to back, reading the books Yoomi had gotten. They were in the school's garden.
"Look oppa! The flowers are really pretty!"
*So are you.* he thought as he watched her innocent laugh. *it may not be so hard pretending to like you after all.*
 -after awhile-
"yah Yoomi-" he was about to call her when he realized she had fallen asleep. The sun had started to shine really brightly so he adjusted their sitting positions so that her head was on his shoulder and he could use his hand to block the light from her eyes so she could sleep peacefully.
 *Sunggyu hyung told me so much about her...how her crush prefers her best friend..looking at her like this, so vulnerable and weak, it makes me want to protect her.*
He rested his head lightly on hers.
*Yoomi-ah. I will carry this mission out to the very end."