Making You Cry

Still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KYUHYUN POV

Exactly twelve noon, I was at the front porch of Yesung's house to pick him up. I wanted to make sure he will come to have lunch with me. 

"Ready?" I asked as soon as Yesung opened the door.

"You shoul've brought the food here," he mumbled. "I'm too lazy to walk there."

"Don't be such a diva, Yesung," I turned my back on him and headed towards my house.

Yesung followed me with a sour face. He went straight inside as soon as I opened the door and glanced around. "You design this?" He asked me.

"Yes. I did the interior and the landscape outside. I hired an engineer and workers to build it." I proudly said.

"Quite unbelievable," Yesung commented.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Up to you if you believe me or not." I sat on the dining table and he followed me. "Anyway, I apologize. This is all I can find in our kitchen. Mom's still on vacation with her boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" Yesung asked surprisingly.

"Yeah, boyfriend... namja chingu?" I rolled my eyes on him.

"And you're okay with it?" He asked again.

"Why wouldn't I? Uncle Hunsu is nice."

Yesung nodded. He left Seoul for too long so he didn't know what's going on with his family friends. 

"When did they, uhm... when did they start dating?" Yesung asked shyly.

"Two years."

He stopped asking and we ate our lunch silently. After we ate, I invited him to the backyard. The wooden swing that I built caught his attention. It was placed in the middle of the grass, surrounded by beautiful plants and flowers that my mom planted. 

"You made this too?" He ran his hand over the wooden roof and sat in it. I followed and sat beside him.

"Yeah."

"Pretty huh."

"Thanks."

Then we became silent again.

"So, how are you?" I asked all of a sudden.

"Fine, I guess."

"You're fluent in Korean," I noticed. "Still..."

"Because we speak the language most of the time."

"Really?"

"Yes! We speak korean in the house. Ryeowook, my bestfriend in London is korean too."

"So what's it like living in a foreign country?"

"It's fine. I was young when we went there so it's not difficult to adjust with the culture. Besides, my parents are with me."

"What do you do in London?"

Yesung shut his mouth when I asked that. I felt that he doesn't want to talk about it. 

"Don't ask," he finally said.

"Why?"

"Honestly, I don't have a stable job like yours," he answered casually. "I'm planning to open a cafe with Ryeowook. We planned it already. We're just waiting for the capital."

I nodded. "It's good for you then."

Yesung rolled his eyes. "I'm expecting you to say I'm nothing but a bummer."

I furrowed my brows. "You're not a bummer, Yesung."

"What am I then?"

I paused for a while. "Your family can afford those type of businesses so you don't need to work in a company."

"Whatever," he muttered.

"Why did you come back suddenly?" I asked again.

"My dad wants me to," Yesung was avoiding my question. Then he dropped the bomb on me.

"I heard from Uncle Jongjin that you're getting married. Who's the unlucky man?" Yesung teased.

I pretended that I didn't hear his question. "So, do you have a boyfriend in London?"

"You didn't answer my question," Yesung pouted.

I laughed. "Oh, what's your question again?"

Yes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter