chapter 9

The fate of us

A couple of weeks later: 

Krystal sat in the cafe waiting. She flinched when she heard her name. "Hey." Luna said as she sat down. Krystal gave Luna a weak smile. "Hey.." She replied. "You seem stressed." Luna admitted. Krystal chuckled. "I just wish everything was different...why can't I be human?...why do I have to be an angel...a soldier?..." Krystal said. "Why would you want to become one of us? I mean your powerful...you can do amazing things." Luna asked. "You don't mean that--" Krystal was cut off. "I don't? I mean..a bunch of miserable bastards, eating, crapping, confused and afraid--" Luna was cut off. "There's loyalty, forgiveness, love--" Krystal was cut off. "Pain." Luna said. "Chocolate cake." Krysta replied. Luna stared at Krystal's brown eyes. "Guilt--" Luna was cut off. "." Krystal said. "Yeah you got me there." Luna replied. Krystal chuckled. "Isn't that Baekhyun?" Luna asked as she looked at the window. Krystal looked out the window, and there across the street stood Baekhyun. Krystal looked at Luna and sighed. "Are you going to talk to him?" Luna asked. Krystal shook her head. "No.." Krystal answered. "Krystal you have to talk to him...maybe he feels bad for calling you mean things--" Luna was cut off. "it's not that..." Krystal said. "then what is it?" Luna asked in confusion. Krystal sighed once more. "He's a demon.." She answered. "W-what?" Luna asked to make sure what she heard was right. "He's...he's a demon...the demon that I'm suppose to battle..." Krystal said. Luna looked at Baekhyun and then back at Krystal. "No..I refuse to believe that...why can't anything go your way?--" Luna was cut off. "Because it's destiny Luna...it's either I die or he does...feelings doesn't matter at this point.." Krystal said. "Krystal if you like him then it does...especially if he likes you back...maybe you can find another way--" Luna was cut off. "There is no other way...it's either me or him.." Krystal said. Luna shook her head. "Are you going to kill him?" Luna asked. Krystal looked at Baekhyun and sighed. "No...he's going to kill me.." Krystal answered. 

Krystal walked in the apartment building. She ruffled her hair as she pressed the elevator button. "So the fight didn't happen." Kai said as he walked next to her. Krystal sighed. "Can you leave me alone." Krystal replied. "Umm let's see....no." Kai replied. "I wasn't asking." Krystal responded with a hint of aggravation in her tone. "I'm sensing that you don't like me." Kai said. Krystal scoffed. "I never really like demons." Krystal replied. "Why not? I mean we're so fun to hang with...we're strong just like you--" Kai was cut off when Krystal scoffed once more. "You think you're something special...but you're just spirits...twisted, erted, evil spirits, but in the end of the day...you're nothing but ghosts with an ego." Krystal said. "Ouch that kind of hurt." Kai replied before he chuckled. The elevator door opened and they both walked in. "Why not teleport instead of using this ?" Kai asked. "So I can feel for more human." She answered as she clicked the floor number. Kai scoffed. "stupid humans...I mean what's so great about them anyway?...they're flawed..murderous...but yet you still want to be one...that's just stupid--" Kai was cut off. "You wouldn't understand...you could do whatever you want...you can choose if you want to feel emotions or not...you can do as you please...but me?..I can't...I have to be perfect...like a marble statue...cold...no choice..only obedience...but just for one little mistake...they cast me out of heaven..." Krystal explained. Kai nodded. "And what was that mistake?" Kai asked. Krystal faced Kai. "I wouldn't kill one of your kind...he made a deal with a demon to turn him into one...just so he can protect his wife, from other demons...how ironic huh? He did that to save his wife...and due to that...I couldn't kill him..." Krystal answered. Kai scoffed. "You know..emotions are weakness--" Kai was cut off. "That's exactly what the angels said...maybe we're not so different..." Krystal said. The elevator door opened and Krystal walked out. "I don't understand...every angel I meet are afraid of me...why aren't you?" Kai asked as he followed her to her apartment. Krystal scoffed as she unlocked her door. She opened the door and then looked at Kai. "Because your just like me." Krystal answered. Kai looked at her in confusion. Krystal sighed. "You try to act tough...strong..fearless...but in the end..your really scared...you have the urge to hide under a rock...You may do your worse to me...however...I will always see me in you...That's why I'm not scared of you." Krystal explained before she walked in and closed the door behind her, leaving Kai in shock of what she just said. 

Krystal stared at the angel blade that was on the kitchen counter. "I wonder if Baekhyun's gonna kill me or not...will he?" She thought. Krystal sighed. She then heard someone call her name causing her to immediately grab the blade and aim it at them. She sighed when she saw it was Baekhyun who was walking out of her room. “I came here to talk.” Baekhyun said. “About what?” She asked as she placed the blade back on the counter. Baekhyun sighed in relief on the fact that she didn’t kick him out. He started walking to her and he was even more relieved when she didn’t move away. “I missed you.” He said as he grabbed her hand. Krystal gave Baekhyun a weak smile and removed her hand from his. “What did you want to talk about?” She asked. “Kill me.” He said. “What??” She asked with wide eyes. “Kill me.” He repeated. She shook her head. “No…no I’m not going to kill you.” She replied. “Krystal it’s the only way…I can’t kill you…no…I won’t kill you…” He said. Krystal frowned. “Baekhyun—“ Krystal was cut off when Baekhyun kissed her. As he pulled away he stared at her dark brown eyes. “Why did you kiss me?” She whispered. “A goodbye kiss..” He answered with a weak smile. Krystal frowned. He grabbed the blade and placed it into her hand. “Kill me.” He ordered. Krystal shook her head as tears fell from her face. “Kill me Krystal it’s the only way.” He said. “No it’s not—“ She was cut off. “Kill me.” He ordered once more. She shook her head. “No.” She said. “Why can’t you kill me—“ Baekhyun was cut off. “Fine…if you want me to kill you then…make love to me first.” She said as she placed the blade on the counter. Baekhyun stared at her in shock. “What?” He asked to make sure what he heard was correct. Krystal in-haled and ex-haled slowly. “Make love to me.” She repeated. “Krystal your not ready—“ He was cut off. “I am.” She said. “No your not—“ He was cut off once again. “Just kiss me.” She said. He gave her a weak smile and wiped her tears. “Okay…I’ll do it.” He said before he pulled her to him and kissed her and she immediately kissed him back. They pulled away staring into each other’s eyes,  like they were talking to each other through them. They then crashed their lips into each other’s. He picked her up bridal style and went to her room. He laid her down on the bed, still with their eyes locked to each other’s. He hovered on top of her and smiled. “Are you sure your ready?” He asked. Krystal smiled and nodded. “Yeah…I am.” She answered. 

The next morning: 

Krystal stared at the ceiling. She looked at Baekhyun who was sleeping and smiled. She turned his way although she was still in pain. Her fingers traced his face. She started with his hair, then went down to his eye brows, then to his eyes, down his nose, then to his lips. “Do you enjoy doing that?” He asked still with his eyes closed causing Krystal to flinch back. “I’m sorry…” She said. She was about to move away but Baekhyun grabbed her waist and pulled her to him, leaving no space in between them. “It’s okay..” He said as he opened his eyes. Krystal gave Baekhyun a weak smile. “So…how was it?” He asked. “Painful.” She answered. Baekhyun chuckled. “You’ll get use to it.” He replied. “What?” She asked. Baekhyun stared at her. “I…I change my mind…” He answered her. Krystal looked at him in confusion. “What do you mean?” She asked. Baekhyun grabbed her hand and placed it on his chest. “What are you doing—“ She was cut off. “Just…feel my heart beat.” He said. Krystal slowly nodded. His heart beat was beating softly. Not fast, neither slow, just steady and that gave Krystal comfort. “I love you Krystal…and I hope you feel the same way.” He said. Krystal knew he wasn’t lying. His heart rate remained the same. It didn’t change at all. “I change my mind…I don’t want you to kill me…because if you did…then you’ll be alone in this world…and I don’t want that…” He said. Baekhyun played with Krystal’s hair in silent waiting for her to respond. “I love you too Baekhyun.” She said causing Baekhyun to stop and looked at Krystal. “Say it again.” He said…more liked ordered. Krystal smiled. “I love you.” She repeated. Baekhyun sighed in relief and hugged her. She smiled. “ARE YOU ING SERIOUS?!?” Some yelled causing Krystal jump in fear. They both looked at the person who was standing at the end of the bed. “Kai.” They both called at the same time. “What the hell guys?? Your suppose to kill each other not make love…..AGAIN!!” He said out of aggravation.