chapter 12

The fate of us

"Kai.." She called as tears fell from her eyes. In a matter of seconds a figure appeared. "Krystal...what happened??" Kai asked in worry which surprised him. Krystal couldn't respond. He kneeled down and looked at her as she struggled to breath. "I think your having a panic attack." Kai said. Krystal looked at Kai as tears fell from her eyes. Her body trembled as her chest tightened. Sweat began on sliding down her face. "Am...a-am I having a heart attack??" Krystal stuttered as she had a hand on her chest. Kai shook his head. He grabbed her hands. "Krystal focus on me." He replied. Krystal nodded rapidly. "Close your eyes...and Breath." He ordered. Krystal did as she was told. "Breath in...and breath out...slowly." Kai added. Krystal did as she was told to do. She opened her eyes and stared at Kai who looked at her in worry. "Thank you.." She said. Kai nodded. "What exactly happened?" Kai asked. Krystal remained silent for a moment. "Baekhyun...he...he slept with...he slept with my bestfriend.." Krystal answered. Kai frowned. Krystal looked at Kai as he stood up. "What are you doing?" Krystal asked. "I'm going to talk to him...maybe kill him--" Kai was cut off when Krystal stood up and grabbed his arm. "No...don't.." Krystal said. Kai looked at her in confusion. "So your just gonna let this happen?" Kai asked. Krystal sighed in frustration. "I just want to sleep Kai..." She said before she fainted. Kai caught her before she fell. "Krystal." He called. She didn't reply. He sighed as he picked her up bridal style. He then disappeared with her in his arms leaving a black feather to fall on the ground. 

The next day: 

Krystal's eyes opened. She turned to the right and immediately back up. "Hey." Kai said as he stared at her. "W-what are you doing?" She stuttered. "I had to lay down with you..you wouldn't let me go." Kai answered. Krystal hid her face in embarrassment. "I'm sorry.." She said. Kai chuckled. "It's okay." Kai replied. Krystal looked at Kai. "Where am I?" She asked. "My house." Kai answered causing Krystal to immediately sit up. Kai sighed. "Don't worry...Baekhyun doesn't live with me." Kai answered her thoughts. Krystal sighed in relief as she laid back down. "What am I gonna do?" She asked as tears formed. "Whatever you want to do..." Kai answered. Krystal looked at Kai. "What would you do?" She asked. Kai looked at Krystal. "I would leave if I was you...I would've said screw it...they can have fun together...and I'll just disappear from their lives." Kai answered honestly. Krystal sighed. "I'm scared." She admitted. Kai grabbed her hand and held it tight. "Don't be...don't let fear control you." Kai replied. Krystal looked at Kai as tears fell from her eyes. She nodded causing Kai to smile. "I think this is the first time I saw you smile...you should do it more often...it suits you." Krystal said. Kai shook his head. "I don't smile." Kai said before he let go of her hand and sat up. She sat up as well. "Why not?" She asked. "You cant show any weakness in hell." Kai answered. "smiling is a weakness?" She asked. "It shows that you have emotions.." Kai answered as he got up from the bed. Krystal followed Kai. “What’s wrong with that?” She asked. Kai sighed as he stopped walking. He turned around and faced Krystal. “I’m the devil’s son Krystal…I can’t show any weakness at anytime…sooner or later it’s either me or Baekhyun to be the king of hell—“ Kai was cut off. “Why is that so important to you?” Krystal asked. Kai shrugged as he threw himself on the couch. “Kai.” She called. Kai didn’t answer. Krystal frowned. “Kai—“ Krystal was cut off. “To show my father that I am not weak.” Kai said. Krystal looked at him in confusion. “That you’re not weak?…Kai I don’t get it.” Krystal replied. Kai stood up. “Well you should…you out of all people should…your brothers and sisters and even god himself is doubting you because they think you’re weak…which is exactly what my father thinks of me, he thinks Baekhyun can take the throne…” Kai responded. Krystal sighed. 

“But your the favorite Kai—“ Krystal was cut off. “No I’m not…why does everyone think that?….My father thinks i’m a mistake…Baekhyun thinks i’m the favorite…but he is…he is the one that my father loves….if Baekhyun screws up dad doesn’t care….but when I screw up, I get punished…” Kai said out of anger. Krystal looked at Kai and frowned. “What do you mean punished?” She asked with a serious tone. Kai sighed as he rubbed his temples. “I either get tortured….or lose someone dearest to me….” Kai answered sadly. Krystal’s eyes opened wide in shock. “W-what…” She stuttered. Kai sighed once again. “When I was younger…I was afraid….afraid to kill…and due to that…my father blamed my mother…saying that It was her that made me weak….and so….he cut off her head…right in front of me..” Kai explained. Krystal sat there speechless. She wondered how can his own father be so cruel. “H-how old were you?” She asked. Kai looked at Krystal. “I was ten.” He answered. Tears escaped from Krystal’s eyes. He gave her a weak smile before wiping her tears. “Don’t pity me…please…” He pleaded. Krystal stared at Kai as tears fell from her eyes. “How could he do that to his own son…” Krystal said sadly. Kai chuckled softly. “Because he’s the devil Krystal.” He replied with a weak smile. Kai then stood up from the couch. “You can stay here as long as long as you want to.” Kai said before he disappeared, leaving his trade mark, The black feather falling slowly. Krystal wiped her tears. She wondered if she should believe Kai or not…but she just felt like he was telling the truth. “So Bakehyun is the favorite….” She muttered. 

A few hours later: 

Baekhyun sat there in Krystal’s living room with a bottle of liquor. He pound some in a glass cup and gulped it down. “Hey..” Baekhyun looked to the right and there stood Kai who was leaning against the door. “You really should learn how to knock..” Baekhyun said. Kai chuckled. “That’s not my style.” Kai replied as he began to walk to Baekhyun. Kai frowned when he saw all the empty bottle’s of liquor. “So…I heard you screwed up..” Kai said. Baekhyun scoffed. “Everyone screw’s up once in a while..” Baekhyun said as he poured more in the glass cup. “Well…you screwed up big time when you slept with that girl.” Kai responded. Baekhyun scoffed once more and then gulped the liquor down. “Luna told you?” Baekhyun asked. Kai shook his head. “No…Krystal did.” Kai answered. Baekhyun froze upon hearing Krystal’s name. He looked at Kai with a frown. “Why would Krystal tell you that??” Baekhyun asked. Kai didn’t respond. “HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING HER?!?” Baekhyun yelled as he stood up. “No no no She called me.” Kai said. Baekhyun shook his head. “You’re lying….why the hell would she call you out of all people—“ Baekhyun was cut off. “I’m the only person that she’s able to talk to.” Kai said. Baekhyun shook his head once more. “That’s bull —“ Baekhyun was cut off once more. “No it’s not….the only friend she has is Luna….but remember you slept with her…she couldn’t exactly run to the girl who was laying next to you with tears running down her eyes…” Kai said. “WELL I’M SORRY!!” Baekhyun yelled before he threw the glass to the wall, causing it to shatter into pieces. Kai sighed. “It’s not me who you’re suppose to apologize to.” Kai said before he disappeared. Baekhyun sighed in frustration as he massaged his temples. “I’m sorry krystal…” He muttered.