year 9

a sad korean drama

School holidays started tomorrow and Mimi and I were excited. We were going to the beach and she invited a few old friends. I was sitting outside eating a Popsicle when CL, Minzy and Dara climbed out of a four-wheel drive and screamed when they saw me.

‘You look so much better then before I left. ’CL said almost knocking me over

‘You lost weight’ Dara said in my ear worriedly

‘Thanks uh I. ’ I couldn’t continue cause Minzy was squashing me too much.

‘Hi’ I turned around at the voice and almost ran back inside the house.

‘You!’ I almost barked at him and Mimi nudged me.

The boy from the from the wedding the same one from the train station yesterday was standing all in one piece in front of me but he was dressed casually in short jeans and a white singlet.

I looked around thinking he was meeting someone else.

'Yah, your here, we were just leaving' Mimi came from behind me and chucked a towel at him. 'Park, meet Tablo, Tablo meet Park' she said with a sneaky grin.

How can he stand in front of me and smile when i wanted to jump on him. I started shaking my head but he shrugged his shoulders casually.

‘I live down the road’. he said smiling at me and I walked off before i could scream and jump around like a little girl.

We were waiting for the train and Tablo came and sat next to me on the wooden chairs and sparked up a cigarette.

‘You’re looking better’ he said and I looked at him questionably

‘I was talking about the house party where you were drunk off your face' he looked straight ahead. It took me a moment till I registered what he was talking about and almost choked on my ice-cream.

‘How? I don’t remember you’ I said trying to recall that day

‘Well try, I live next door to you, well to Mimi. But I guess you live with her now or whatever. My mum is a close family friend with her before we moved here. ’ he looked at me a second longer then he should have and he looked back down biting his lip and I looked away trying to hide my smile.

The ride on the train to the beach took ages. It was awkward because Tablo kept sneaking glances at me and I noticed but didn’t say anything cause CL thought I was listening to her when I wasn’t.

‘Oh my gosh Tablo!’ we all looked up as two tall girls approached us.

‘Wow’ CL said looking at them and made a face at us making me snort out loud.

I eyed their hot pink bikinis under a large summer t-shirt and white beach shorts with flip-flops on their well manicured foot. The Long haired girl had a tattoo on her ankle of a butterfly. I compared them to my white tube jumpsuit which cuts off higher on my thighs, i would have worn something shorter but Mimi forced me to wear it with a white bikini beneath so right now I felt exposed.

‘What are you two doing here?’ he asked and I wanted him to look annoyed but he smiled a little making me suffer.

‘Nothing, just going to the beach. You?’ she asked Tablo totally ignoring the fact he had company and I couldn’t help the feeling of jealousy coming over me.

‘Uh same. Well I'm kind of with some friends right now’ he gestured towards us.

‘Good, we’ll join you’ she sat next to Tablo, making me almost fall off the seat and I felt like pointing out that maybe she should sit on him by how close she was leaning into him.

Mimi quietly pinched me and I looked at her. She put her hands out in front of her chest like s and started mimicking the Girls. I snorted loudly and CL laughed out.

The girl glanced at us and we quickly looked away coughing and scratching our hair.

‘So how do you guys know each other’ Mimi asked curiously. I tried to look like I wasn’t interested but I was listening closely.

‘We go to school together. I'm his right man’ she laughed and nudged Tablo on his ribs making him wince and I felt like kicking her .

Tablo was still looking at me and made it obvious to his friend, so now she was staring at me too.

‘So what schools do you girls to?’ she asked blowing a pink bubble with her gum.

‘Well we go to blue high and she goes to....’ Mimi looked at me

‘Blue high as well’ I said

I saw Tablo raise his eyebrows at me but I ignored him and the girls as well. I had this feeling about this girl and I didn’t like it.

Guess this day was gonna . When we got the beach it was crammed full of bodies but we managed to find a spot on the burning sand.

A group of semi- bodies spanned across the sand trying to get as much tan they can get. Hating the sun I went to sit on a nearby rock the size of a small car and crossed my legs thinking about Tablo and his body when he took off his shirt.

‘What am I going to with you Tablo? I sighed

‘What ever you want to’ I panicked and fell off the rock to the soft sand because I didn’t realize that Tablo was sitting next to me the whole entire ten minutes I was on the cool rock.

He jumped down and helped me up and for whatever reasons was dusting the sand off my back and checking if I was alright. I quickly side stepped him and put up my hands on his bare chest. It felt good but I didn’t show it.

‘Can you stop touching me?’ I asked

‘Well if you stop touching me?’ he smiled and we both looked down at my hands on his chest.

‘What ever’ I took my hands off quickly and climbed back up onto the rocks and he joined me.

‘You know you look pretty today’’ he said looking out to the ocean

‘Are you saying that I'm ugly every other day’ I said sarcastically

‘No just today’. I looked at him and he winked at me

‘Yah’ I rolled my eyes

We talked about anything and nothing and pretty soon we were acting like we’ve known each other for years.

‘I like talking to you, maybe we should hang out again’ he looked a little red that I couldn’t tell if he was blushing or he was getting burnt from sitting in the sun.

‘Ok, cool’ I jumped with sarcastic joy and went back to my bored face.

He looked surprised then disappointed ‘Was that a yes?’

'Do you think that was a yes?' i asked him

‘Well, i don't know about you but ill it as a yes'. he said smiling at me. We stared at each other until i couldn't take it so i started laughing and he laughed with me.

I decided that maybe I should actually get some sun and salt on my skin and I put my foot in the water and was surprised at how cold it was. I was going to turn back when I felt strong hands grip me from behind and I was been flipped onto the water face and all.

I didn’t have time to react and by the time I surfaced spitting out saltwater, I was running after Tablo.

We went running across the beach and when I thought I was close enough I jumped onto his back the same time he turns around with his arms up and we both fell down with me on top of him.

‘Wow. Aren’t you fast?’ he said water dripping from me onto him

‘Yah, you know that’s not funny what you just did’ I was tired from running hard on the soft sand so I just laid on him.

‘Its just water’ he wiped away the hair on my eyes and I got Goosebumps

‘I have a phobia of water you dip’ i said not moving

‘Are you series!’ he looked around lost for words then he mumbled I'm sorry’.

I looked at him for a second and then I burst out laughing. His face quickly changed and he knew he was been played and it was my turn to shut up when he flipped me onto my back so that he was on top of me.

He stared down at me and his face softened showing his adorable features.

My insides went warm and i started to get shy hiding my face in his chest until I heard him chuckle.

‘What are you laughing at?’ I said angrily

‘I don’t know you’re just very pretty’ he said leaning down

We were like that and it was very comfortable for a couple of minutes when Mimi and CL came past and flipped him off me.

‘There you guys are’ Mimi said looking comforted

‘We were getting worried’ CL was pissed off but I could see that she was happy how she found me and Tablo but she didn’t want to show it.

I'm sorry’ me and Tablo said at the same time then we looked at each other and started laughing.

The train ride back home was really quiet because we were all over the excitement and the burning sun. I had a feeling I had sand inside my swimmers and tried not to move too much. I forgot that I was sitting with Tablo and I closed my eyes and leaned on his sun burnt arms and drifted off to sleep.

We almost missed our stop if it wasn’t for me waking up and almost jumping off Tablo he too was sleeping with his head over mine and both our legs were entwined on the leather seats opposite from us. He was dead asleep and so were the rest of the girls and I looked outside noticing the familiar houses and shops and quickly woke everyone up.

By the time we ran out through the crowded carriage we burst out laughing as we jumped onto the platform like our life depended on it.

‘I thought you were gonna stay awake and tell us when our stop was near, not when they’re closing the door’ Mimi scolded at Tablo while on the concrete ground with both knees trying to control her laughter

‘Sorry guys. I didn’t realize I was sleeping’ Tablo said staring at all the girls on top of each other in hysteria.

He looked at me leaning on the poles smiling at the sight the girls made. Someone would think they’re drunk and on drugs. I looked up and met Tablo’s eyes and I winked at him.

He raised an eyebrow and looked away. I saw his face go red and I choked back my laugh and went to sit down to wait for the girls to get over their laughing syndrome.

When Tablo was heading home he kissed me on my cheek and was going to say something if it wasn’t for the distraction behind me. I looked back and straight away Mimi, CL, Minzy and Dara turned their heads in a different direction and I looked back at Tablo and nodded with understanding.

‘Ill see you later’ I said knowing we weren’t going to get anymore privacy then we already are.

One thing I loved about school holidays are sleeping in. I woke up late around three in the afternoon and I felt like eating a horse. Mimi’s mum has been waiting patiently until I woke up so she could cook me brunch. Mimi told me later that her mum loved watching me eat everything like it was the best thing in the world, that s why she cooks everything for me and also the fact that I never put on weight for eating. ’ Mimi added as a joke. She placed three plates of food in front of me which I ate it all and thanked her for lunch and I went back upstairs and took as shower.

 

I was sitting in my room being a bored dude when i looked outside and saw Tablo walking back and forth my front gate. Looking around i grabbed a pen and opened my window a little bit and chucked the pen aiming it at his head and ducked when he caught the pen and looked at my window.

'Wtf! how did he do that?' i peaked from my window and saw him staring at me and i disappeared back down.

'Yah, do you just go around chucking things at people.' I heard Tablo shouting.

I looked out my window and saw him staring up at me and i smiled and waved. Running out i opened my gate and smiled innocently at him.

'well you caught it, didn't you? You have good reflexes' i mumbled

'Well i like to think so.' he said flexing his arms

'Yah, you must be a good fighter but you don't look like the kind, your too much of a little kid, you look like a little kid.' i said offending him.

‘Yah, little kid. Ok that's it, try to hit me. ’ He said

‘What do you mean?’

‘Fight me. Ok maybe you're a little kid to be as much of a fighter like i am.' he said smiling

That did it. I punched him with my left hand and he caught it and flipped me over before I could even blink an eye.

‘Ouch!’

‘Is that all you can do’ he laughed

I got back up straight away but this time I was ready for the flip this time. I tried punching him again with my left hand only this time my right hand went for his stomach right after cause he wasn’t looking down and he went pale.

‘Is that all you can do’ I mimicked back his words and stopped as he looked suddenly dangerous and I backed away like a deer was backing away from its predator.

‘Wait’ I said then I saw his fist coming straight at the left side of my jaw then my instincts told me to duck and I saw in slow motion his hand flying over my head and I thought why not. So I slammed my fist on his stomach again and he fell onto his back with a gasp.

‘You are really good, ill give you that one. ’ he said tying to breathe properly.

I walked backwards and stumbled over myself. I fell backwards but Tablo reached out and caught me an inch from the floor. I stared at him and saw him go red. I could tell he was as surprised then I was and I hid my smile.

‘Remind me not to get on your bad side’ he said helping me while he struggled to not look hurt. Sitting on the gate my hands bumped against his a few times until he took hold of it and didn’t let go.

I looked up at him and saw him smiling to himself. When I saw that it made me smile inside and I knew that I probably found the guy I was going to spend a very long time with.

I didn’t know how to tell him that I went to a really bad school but we were happy right now and that’s all that matters to me right now.

‘You know when I saw you again I thought I was the luckiest guy in the world’ he said. I felt my cheeks go red and I looked down quickly trying to hide my face.

‘Was that the first second or third time you saw me’ I joked to him but he looked away

‘Im sorry about that, I understand why you didn’t like me the day we went to the beach but I can make it all up to you’ he looked back at me and it was my turn to look away.

Oh my goodness why can’t I talk.

I didn’t know what to say to that and if I didn’t say anything he’ll think I didn’t like him but I did like him, I like him very much.

‘I know you probably don’t like me’ he said when I didn’t say anything

‘But I do like you’ I interrupted him and he stopped and looked at me

‘I like you a lot’ I looked down feeling the embarrassment come over me but it felt good to let that all those words come out.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sneak Preview!!! (This is a few chapters after this)

 I was hanging out with a few other students when we heard a brick being thrown through a window followed by somone calling my name. I took my time taking the stairs as my grade followed closely behind, Baejke went straight to my left side to keep an eye out for me and  Silla on my right. I noticed straight away the black suits and as they parted I stopped breathing for a second, There at the front was the boy i never thought ill ever see in this situation.

A bit lost arnt you' Baejke asked with an angry voice to the boy who stood opposite us..

'Nope, came to the right place.' he kept looking over to me chuking away his ciggerette

I was getting pissed off but i didn't show it, I was too confused by what was going on, I've never being involved with anther school before.

'I need to talk to your leader' he said in a lazy tone that i knew so well.

Baejke glanced at me uneasily ready to protect me but i told him to stay put and walked forward.

'You wanted to talk with the leader, You're looking at her.' I said in a straight tone.

'But you're a girl' Tablo laughed acting like we were strangers.

I punched him and straight away........ DUM DUM DUUUUMMM DUUUMMMMMMMMM!!!!

_______________________________________________________________