Airport Fashion

Not the Same Without You

 

Much to Sungjong’s displeasure, Woohyun turned out to be a natural at the racing game and ended up winning most of the matches between them. 

“It’s a stupid game anyway!” Sungjong pouted.

Woohyun just shrugged and smiled, “What can I say; I’m the best at everything.”

Just then Woohyun’s phone rang and he jumped up and ran out of the room while answering it. Sungjong found that mildly odd and wondered if the older boy were hiding a girlfriend or some such thing.

Woohyun came running back into the living room, “I’m gonna go out for a bit, I talked to Dongwoo and he said he would come hang out with you.”

“Are you guys taking turns babysitting me or something?”

“I guess you could call it that,” Woohyun smirked, “That or we just miss our maknae and want to spend time with him.”

Sungjong watched as Woohyun flew out of the apartment and listened to the door slam. He thought briefly of getting up and making himself something to eat but he was too comfortable where he was at the moment to move. Instead he changed the TV to cable and started flipping through channels. He was still in the midst of finding something to watch when Dongwoo came back. His hands were full of shopping bags making Sungjong wonder if Infinite had an overseas venture sometime soon. The only time Dongwoo shopped was before he had to pick out his airport fashion. And while Sungjong could appreciate that Dongwoo tried, he still believed the older boy sometimes wore very fashionably questionable clothes. Not as bad as some of the other hyungs though.

“What’d you buy?” Sungjong called out to him, making sure to raise his voice enough to carry across the apartment.

Dongwoo stopped his journey towards his room and instead walked towards the living room, still lugging the shopping bags with him, “I bought a lot of stuff!”

Sungjong laughed, “I can see that, what exactly? Show me!”

Dongwoo set down his bags and moved to pull an item from the one closest to him but Sungjong interrupted him, “Wait! Stop! I have a better idea!”

“What’s that?” Dongwoo’s brow furrowed in confusion, his hand dropping the object he had been holding.

Sungjong put on his best evil smirk, “Fashion show hyung.”

Dongwoo laughed loud and hard, his laugh was the best in Infinite, or that is what Sungjong thought anyway.  Sungjong watched as Dongwoo gathered all his shopping bags up and walked to his room, “I’ll be right back!”

Sungjong quickly turned to the TV, determined to give Dongwoo some good runway music. He ended up settling for the pop music channel. As he waited he thought of funny lines he could say in response to Dongwoo’s modeling. When Myungsoo and Sungyeol had done the fashion show the rest of the members of Infinite had spent the entire time making jokes about the way Myungsoo walked or about how they had never seen Yeol with a straight faced expression for that long ever before. It had been a lot of fun.  He turned as he heard the door to Dongwoo’s room open and he could see Dongwoo pulling down his shirt and making some last adjustments to his hair.

“I’m proud to present to you at this time Infinite’s Dongwoo!” Sungjong yelled as Dongwoo walked out of the room, “The y rapper from Infinite is wearing a pair of tight fitting skinny jeans with an oversized T-shirt for the top. The colors of the t-shirt are stunning and make his smile appear even brighter than usual!”

Sungjong giggled and continue, “However, it appears the smart rapper is wearing character socks, immediately making his y charm drop.”

Dongwoo looked at his feet and laughed, “Hey, the new thing is my shirt! Whatcha think of it?”

“I like it,” Sungjong looked at it more closely, “Umm, what’s it say?”

“I don’t know.” Dongwoo grabbed the shirt from the bottom, holding it out so he could look down and read it, “M-U-S-T-A-R-D-S-A-U-C-E. Muuustad sausu?”

It made no sense to Sungjong, so he just stared at Dongwoo, “Aren’t you supposed to be the one who knows English?”

Dongwoo laughed more and dropped the shirt, “Something about sauce. I’ll pretend it says I’m awesome sauce!”

“I seriously doubt that is what it means hyung.”

“Let me have my moments okay?”

Sungjong shrugged, “Well, it’s your image that is ruined when the international fans read your shirt and laugh their asses off because it says something stupid.”

“Okay I have more, wait just a second!” Dongwoo turned and ran back to his room; the shirt was halfway over his head before he even made it there.

When the door opened again Dongwoo was outfitted in a black hoodie, the same jeans and sock, and a baseball cap. The hoodie didn’t appear to have any symbols or writing on the front. Just plain black.

“What a boring hoodie.” Sungjong told him.

“No it isn’t!” Dongwon spun around, “Look at the back!”

On the back of the hoodie was a big orange and black tiger with its mouth open in a roar. The fangs were long and sharp looking, the eyes looked mean, and the color was cool, but Sungjong couldn’t believe the older boy seriously thought it was airport fashion worthy.

“Cool, I guess…”

Dongwoo turned back around, his facial expression showed disappointment but his voice filled with excitement as he described the hoodie, “You guess?! The tiger like COMES right out of the fabric! The way the black and orange work together is so cool. And did you see the teeth? HUGE!”

“But hyung, if you wear this to the airport the tiger will be covered up with your backpack.”

“Oh my god, you’re right!” Dongwoo’s face fell again, “I can’t believe I didn’t think of that. Everyone will think I’m just wearing a plain black hoodie. Ahhh!”

Sungjong patted him on the shoulder, “Don’t worry too much, you can wear it out to radio shows or something.”

“Well, it’s a good thing I bought a lot of stuff! I was prepared for some it not really working out that well.” Dongwoo smiled, “I should get over my annoyance of trying on clothes at the shops.”

“Well, hyung, show me the rest of what you bought!”