Fooled

Not the Same Without You

 

Sungjong took a few deep breaths and followed the man with the camera out the door. He was sure all in his mind and he was overreacting over nothing. These thoughts though did little to actually calm him down. Sungjong was frightened. Very frightened.

Outside the sun shined through the clouds, lighting small patches of ground while leaving others in shadow.  The street was not far off and the sounds of traffic could be heard. All of these things should have made Sungjong more relaxed but even so he continued to worry about the three men surrounding him.  They walked around the building to the parking lot where a van was idling. When they approached the door slid open and another man waited inside, he also had a camera. Sungjong figured this must be some hidden camera show.

“Get in.” the first man said and gave him a little push towards the van.

“No, first tell me where we are going.” Sungjong planted his feet stubbornly.

“Just do what I say.” With another shove towards the van’s doors and the waiting cameraman.

Sungjong looked to the van and back towards the three other men, and then back towards the building. It wasn’t far, and even if this was just a hidden camera he didn’t want to be taken so unawares. They could laugh at him later. It only took him a split second to decide and his feet were suddenly pounding the pavement back towards the building.

His back sent a few jolts of pain with every pounding step. His breath quickened from fear and from exertion that he hadn’t put himself through in a long time.  The sounds of other running footsteps were soon coming from behind him too. Sungjong put on another burst of speed and found himself at the doors, he yanked one open and shot a glance towards the van to see the two big men only a few feet from him. He quickly ducked in through the door, letting it slam behind him into the pursuers faces.  The hallways flashed by him and much to his relief he didn’t hear the other men behind him anymore, but he didn’t slow his pace until he reached the waiting room hallway.

Sungjong flung open the door to their waiting room and saw that it was still empty. He let the door close behind him and slid back against it with a sigh. Maybe the cameramen were really trying to take him to the other members after all and he had just caused a big scene for no good reason.  His mind still nagged at him that there had been something not right about the other men and he decided not to stay in the waiting room alone. This time he grabbed his phone which had been sitting on the sofa, and walked back out into the waiting room hallway.

Sungjong didn’t know where to go but he didn’t want to be alone, he thought quickly about what other groups were currently promoting with them and remembered that U-Kiss should be there too.  He quickly walked down the hallway till he found the door that was labeled U-Kiss and knocked hurriedly. Sungjong barely waited for the answer before opening the door and rushing inside.

“Hello.” Sungjong whispered and bowed to the many surprised faces in the room, “Mind if I come in for a few minutes?”

U-Kiss’s leader, Soohyun shook his head, “Sungjong-ah! Of course you can come in!”

The other members of U-Kiss all smiled and nodded their heads at him in affirmation.  Sungjong smiled back and walked into the room fully.  Before he could say anything more his phone started vibrating loudly indicating he had an incoming call. The ID said it was Sunggyu.

He looked at the U-Kiss members and motioned to his phone, mouthing ‘sorry’ before answering, “Hyung!”

“Sungjong! Where are you? My god, I heard you ran away!” Sunggyu’s voice was half anger and half worry.

“I’m in U-Kiss waiting room.” Sungjong answered, “Where are you?”

“Why did you run away from the camera men?”

Sungjong sighed, “I thought….well, it seemed fishy….”

Sunggyu sighed on the other end of the call, Sungjong could imagine him rubbing his head in exasperation too, “Didn’t you read the schedule today?”

“I didn’t see anything on my schedule…” Sungjong lied, he had forgotten to read it that morning before they came to Inkigayo. He had figured that anything else would be told to him by the managers.

Sunggyu’s voice came through tired and upset, “I’m sorry you didn’t read it and that no one told you more, but we have a recording today you were supposed to go with those men in secret to ‘surprise’ us.”

“Hyung! They acted so strangely though……” Sungjong whimpered, he knew he was in trouble and he felt like such a fool.