003

Walking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi~~ I hope that you will drop a comment ^^

“Ehh, so you never go out for these twelve years?!” Hyukjae looks at Donghae in disbelief. The other passengers in the subway look at them weirdly due to Hyukjae’s loud voice.

 

Donghae nods.

 

“God, that’s so boring. Wait, how can you go out today?”

 

“I ran away from home?” Donghae bites his lower lip.

 

“That’s awesome. Rebellion, yeah.” Hyukjae reacts. Donghae wonders how Hyukjae can be so hyper.

 

 

They arrive to Gangnam Station after a few minutes. Donghae looks at his list, confused about which to do first. Hyukjae stares at Donghae before he snatches the list away. Donghae sighs. At least, Hyukjae should know what to do. Hyukjae walks ahead with Donghae follows him up like a lost puppy. Donghae looks amazed with everything and Hyukjae can’t help but to find it amusing.

He shook his head. How can a mom do that to her own son? That’s so… dumb. That’s probably the craziest thing he ever heard in his life. He feels sorry to Donghae, looking at the amazed boy.

 

“So, where are we going, Hyukkie? Ahh,  I mean Hyukjae.” Donghae stares at the floor, feelings embarrassed by his sudden blurt. “Sorry.”

 

“It’s okay. Hyukkie is good. I like that. You can me Hyukkie then.” Hyukjae shows him the gummy smile again.

 

Donghae wonders how someone can be so bright, brighter than him.

 

“By the way, let’s go to school first.” Hyukjae says.

 

“Ehh, school? B-but…”

“Relax, it’s Saturday. There will be nobody at school. Okay?”

 

“Yeah, right. I forgot about that. Let’s go!” Donghae cheers and drags Hyukjae away. Leeteuk’s map is long away forgotten.

 

Hyukjae chuckles. “You don’t even know the way, mister.” He says and drags Donghae to the opposite way.

 

Donghae blushes, looking abashed.

 

 

They walk together in a comfortable silence. Hyukjae hums a song on their way to school and Donghae decides that Hyukjae is such a great friend. They walk through the busy city and Donghae realizes that it’s true. His dream comes true after all. It’s real.

Donghae looks at the surrounding where people are busy with their smartphones and don’t even have time to talk with each other. They are blinded by gadgets and forget about face-to-face interaction. Donghae’s eyes sadden. The things that he’s been learnt before is not different than these. His theory is no difference either. People are so into their lifeless devices that they forget about others, not even bothered to spare the others a single glance.

It’s a cold and harsh world after all.

 

“It’s sad, isn’t it?” Hyukjae speaks.

 

“What?” Donghae is snapped back to the reality.

 

“These modern people, of course.”

 

“You think so too?”

 

“Yeah… I think that people need gadgets more than a friend themselves.”

 

Donghae smiles. At least, there are still people who concerned about this problem and he’s glad that Hyukjae is one of them. They past a church and walk down a street. That’s when Hyukjae finally stops and Donghae realizes that they have reached the school.

 

Gangnam High School

 

Hyukjae looks if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter