001

Walking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The start

 

Donghae groans again for that day, staring at his never-ending homework. Born with such a great gift, Donghae doesn’t think that he’s so lucky. He’s gifted for being so clever. His mom is so worried that he will be ruined if he’s befriending with some not-so-clever strangers out there – his mom said so – thus decides to home-schooling him. Donghae doesn’t know anyone else beside him parents, his older brother, his grandparents and his private tutor, Leeteuk.

He sighs, staring outside the window. He can see everything through the window as his apartment is on the 12th floor. Donghae always wonders how it feels to be outside. Why does his mom won’t let him go outside? Is it dangerous? But she doesn’t stay at home either so does his father and his hyung. He wants to know how it feels to be outside there. The world is surely bigger than his apartment. He reads a lot of books about other countries and he really wants to see them with his own eyes.

Donghae has always stuck in this apartment, busying himself with study and piano. Mom wants him to be a great person in the future but Donghae actually wants to be a singer. He thinks this is a kind of child abused but his mom is too nice to be said like that. The last time he’s been out was…when he’s five. And it’s only to meet his grandparents at Mokpo. He remembers how his mom was so flustered when he played with his cousins near the shore – he almost drowns in the sea. He never had been out since then. He’s sixteen now and twelve years being in this house is a bored hell to him.

He should be studying for MENSA or SAT but he doesn’t feel like studying. He wants to get out from here and… freedom. Donghae chuckles to himself. What is he thinking about? He tries to focus back to his study but the urge to go out is too inviting.

 

His hyung, Donghwa always tells him things that happened in school – he’s only a year than Donghae – and it never fails to amuse Donghae. He always takes a glance at his hyung whenever the other is rushing to school, knowing that he will never get the chance. The brunette wants to know how it feel to go to school, how it feels to wear a school uniform, how it feels to be in detention class, how it feels whenever it’s sport day, how he wants to join the school play, how he wants to pee at the public toilet – it’s ridiculous he knows – Donghae wants to feel them all. He’s been making a long list that he wants to do and yet, the thing that he wants to feel the most is…

 

How to feel when you’re in love.

 

Call him crazy but Donghae really wants to fall in love. He’s been reading romance novels lately which he borrowed from Leeteuk. That kind tutor doesn’t actually agree with Donghae’s mom. He thinks that Donghae’s mom is being too protective and… not plausible. It isn’t right to lock up your son just because he’s too smart for his age. Donghae is a growing kid and his mom is ruining his social life. That poor teenager doesn’t even have a friend.

Leeteuk admires Donghae for being such a cheerful kid despite of his life condition. That kid is bored with this small environment, he knows but he doesn’t dare to speak up with Mrs. Lee. He is just a tutor after all.

 

 

It is Friday and Donghae is waiting for his tutor as usual. Leeteuk is the only stranger that he knows, his only friend you can say. He likes Leeteuk a lot. Leeteuk teaches him many things and most of them regarding the outside world.

He hears his mom opens the door. He smiles as Leeteuk is finally here.

 

“Leeteuk-songsaengnim.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter