Kim Jonghyun's Story.

Butterflies and Singing Stars.

 

“Tomorrow, it has to happen tomorrow.”

The guitar on his lap felt heavy on his thigh but that was the least of Jonghyun’s concerns. As a member of a band and a student in music school, auditioning is part of his path in life. The star shines above him as he practices the song he’s chosen to play. He feels it watching over him promising that the road of stardom would be his.

“It’s alright. It will be alright,” he whispers to himself in eerie night. It’s not half as scary as he tries to calm his nerves down.

It has been long and the practices with his band are going to pay for it. If he can do it with them then he surely can do it alone, tomorrow at the SM auditions.

He takes in a breath and lets it out in a huffed sigh. It’s September and it’s getting colder in the nights, the trees hustling in response. He looks around him and finds nothing but a deserted path leading to an endless walk between long and cowering trees. He looks down at his feet and thinks practicing one more time before he leaves would make him more confident.

Jonghyun never checks the time and forgets that his mother might just be as worried when he gets back.

~~~

 

It’s a Monday morning. It’s the Monday morning he suddenly realizes. Jonghyun gets out of bed with a funny feeling in his stomach that sends him to the bathroom straight away.

He realizes he’s nervous when nothing comes out of his mouth, which he expected for it to be yesterdays take out.

He’s nervous. He realizes that he’s never been nervous before. Last time he recalled, he was nervous when he sang for the first time when he was in the 5th grade, in their school’s talent show.

He remembers that he doesn’t like being nervous.

He gets dressed and picks up his Ipod, scrolling down to the song he’s been rehearsing last night, as he flies down the stairs and into the kitchen where both his sister and mother are sitting down having breakfast.

Before he plugs in his earphones, he decides not to and try and listen to his mothers comforting words and advice while he tries to eat his breakfast not too fast, unless he wants to end up running back to the bathroom with it up his throat.

“Jonghyun, your father really does support you but you know how he is. He really is just scared for you to not make it, he just wants a secure job for you and something that is stable for your life.”

“Mom, being a singer is a stable job, why can’t anyone respect that?”

It always ended up like this, their conversations, with his mom biting her lower lip fighting her insecurities inside her head on how she must be a good mother and not let her son down.

He just quickly finished his breakfast ad got up, the chair making a small screeching sound as he did so.

He goes to his bike, and swings his right leg over the seat, his other leg supporting him by the ground until he momentarily tries to balance the bike and eventually goes gliding through the early morning streets of Seoul.

He reaches the building in less than five minutes, the address memorized from years of longing and enjoying the view of those that inspire him come in and out, sometimes tired and sometimes smiling.

But all the while there would be a glint of excitement in their eyes.

And he knew why, he was in a band after all. Being tired and late night practices were a routine that he got used to and he knew that in the end he was always excited.

For tomorrow, for forever because this is how it is.

This is how it goes.

The song he has on replays for the 6th time and he glances around the building for anyone that looks just as nervous as he is. 

 He finds no one, breathes, and lays his bike against the wall.

While he pushes the glass doors, he comes to a conclusion that he might end up being a solo singer.

“Mirror, Mirror on the wall. Which of us is the fairest of them all?”

~~

A/N: Update!! Yay, right... anywho, I firstly apologize to my dearest Jule for not replying, but baby the schedules are tight and I haven't had time. But I swear I will, I always will.

I then want to thank all my subscriber for subscribing to this story! I really hope you're enjoying it so far and i will surely continue it.

Last, I have been editing these days because I finally got my CS5!! Yay! It's amazing and I have been posting gifs on my tumblr and i'm also working on the cover for this story. I've had in mind on what I wanna do, so yeah. But editing is really fun! ♥ I sound like a 2 yr old....

Anyway, umm I hope you enjoy!♥