In Your Thoughts

The Cold Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A.J.’s Pov

 

“What did she want?” Yuri asked as I sped down the road.

“Nothing.”

“What do you mean nothing? Does she suspect anything? We all decided that you would come to school today so that you could make sure she wasn’t going to start asking questions about you,” she said.

“She’s confused understandably. But she would never put it together. I just pulled her up. It’s conceivable that anyone could do that,” I answered.

“Me sure. But you weigh like 120. And didn’t you say you pulled her up with one hand?” Siwon asked.  

“Shut up! It’s going to be fine.”

“This isn’t just about you A.J. It’s about all of us. We can’t take any chances. I still can’t believe that you took that risk in the first place,” Yuri huffed.

“Was I supposed to let her die? I had no idea that I wouldn’t be able to persuade her into believing that I was never there. It’s never not worked on someone before.”

“I would have,” Yuri said.

“Then that is something that is very fundamentally different between us. I can’t just stand back and let someone die when I could’ve helped. I’ve done that too much already. I’ve done so much wrong. I won’t apologize for saving her. Not ever. Even if it means I have to leave, for good this time,” I said as I parked the car in our driveway.

 

I quickly went up to my room which was on the top floor of our house. I wasn’t in there ten seconds before Henry knocked on my door before entering the room.

 

“Hey A.J. please don’t leave again,” he said stepping into the room.

“I don’t know what to do. I’ve never been in a position like this, and not just run away. I left in a hurry last week because I needed to think. Day to day I’ve been going through the motions like always, and then she came into that classroom. I was overcome as soon as she walked in. I’ve never felt like that before. And I don’t even know what it is about her that appeals to me so much. But I can’t control it, and it wouldn’t be safe for me to keep being around her. I’ve be able to maintain control of myself for so long, I don’t know why this is different,” I sighed.

“But you came back after being gone for a few days. What made you?” he asked.

“I don’t really know. You know that you guys are my family, but everything in me wanted to stay away from here, and I was still drawn back. Right to where she was on that bridge. It’s like I knew she was going to be in danger. How could I have sensed that?” I wondered pacing around the room.

“I feel that way about Luna sometimes. Ever since I met her, it’s like we are connected. It’s like having primal instinct about your mate.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter