Those Three Little Words

The Cold Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

An Hour Later

 

“Krystal, it’s Luna. Can I come in?” Luna asked tapping on A.J.’s door.

“Um yeah,” I responded.

“Krystal A.J. called me. She said to make sure you got home safely,” she said coming in.

“Of course she did,” I whispered letting more tears escape my eyes, as I sat curled up on her couch.

“You’re upset. I’m so sorry,” she said sitting down next to me.

“I’ve just been crying on and off for the last hour.”

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“She didn’t tell you?”

“No A.J. is not very open to sharing her feelings. That’s why it’s amazed me how much she has opened up to you,” Luna said putting a hand on my back.

“Well I may have just recked all that. I pushed too hard. I ruined it. I wanted too much, and I didn’t respect her feelings. I just wanted to feel as close to her as possible.”

“Krystal I’m sure that what ever you did it’s not as bad as what you are making it out to be. A.J. runs away, that’s how she deals with things.”

“I pretty much forced myself on her. And you think that it’s no big deal?” I asked getting even more upset.

“What do you mean? What could you force on her….oh do you mean…”

“Yes I kissed her, and clearly that was a mistake. She couldn’t get away from me fast enough.”

“Oh Krys,” she said pulling me against her body. “I know you are feeling so many different things right now. But you can’t assume the worst.”

“She said she wasn’t ready, and I did it anyways.”

“She wouldn’t risk your safety in anyway, and she believes that she is the biggest danger that she has to protect you from. And like you said A.J. has never kissed anyone before. There isn’t many things that A.J. has yet to experience, so this was a scary thing. I know you feel like it’s rejection because she left, but I’m sure that’s not the case. Just try and wait until she can talk to you about it. I’m sorry that you are in pain,” she said holding me tighter.

 

After I cried myself out, I let Luna take me home. She offered to stay but I declined, and climbed into bed after changing my clothes. I fell asleep instantly. 

 

When my eyes opened again I thought I was still dreaming. A.J. was sitting in my desk chair right next to the bed. I moved back suddenly.

 

“I didn’t mean to scare you,” she whispered.

“I just–you can’t keep doing this,” I sighed laying back, and staring up at the ceiling. “You come and go when it’s convenient for you. I can’t deal with that. I know that you have to do what you are comfortable with, but I’m experiencing emotional whiplash here.”

“I know. That’s why I knew we had to talk. I don’t know how to put into words how sorry I am for last night. You were so vulnerable with your feelings, and I just left. I couldn’t process. And I hate myself for that. You deserved a perfect moment. A perfect first kiss. And I ruined it. I’m so sorry,” 

 

I glanced over at her for the first time, to see her leaning forward to place a rose in my hand.

 

“What’s this?” I asked surprised.

“As soon as I left you I just ran. As far and as fast as I could. I thought I was trying to outrun my bloodlust for you. I wanted to put distance between us for your safety. I ran all the way across the country before I realized that what I was feeling was not bloodlust. The longer I thought about it, the more I realized how different it was when I thirsted for blood. The moment you kissed me I was overcome. But not with feelings to harm you. They were feelings that I’ve never had, and so I confused them with bloodlust. The whole time I was running every inch of my body felt like it was on fire. I could stop thinking of you. Your lips, your eyes, your hands. I was longing for you in a way that I have never before. I realized this in Georgia, and picked that flower knowing that it could never make up for leaving, but that didn’t mean I wasn’t going to try.”

“You liked the kiss?” I asked in disbelief.

“Yes, of course. Too much, that was the problem.”

 

I exhaled, and sat up trying process this. The bed sheet fell to around my waist, exposing the oversize t-shirt I was wearing, which had shifted to expose my right shoulder. She immediately turned her eyes away.

 

“Sorry,” I said pulling the shirt back in place.

 

She looked back at me with her eyes tinted a shade or two darker.

 

“Your eyes they’re dark again. Just like last night, and when Henry had to hold you back,” I said thinking out aloud.

“That tends to happen when I am losing control of my senses. When I’m in rage, overcome with hunger, or when I’m with you. I thought that meant that I was putting you in danger, but when I’m near you it’s feelings of desire that take o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter