The Aftermath

The Cold Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

 

Unsure of what to do I started to pick up the books, and broken pieces of figurines that had come crashing to the ground when A.J. slammed into the shelf that was now also on the floor. I put everything I was picking up onto the coffee table in front of the couch. Suddenly there was a movement of air behind me and I could feel that I was no longer alone in the room.

 

“Krystal are you alright?” Luna asked as I turned around to face A.J.’s entire family.

 

“Yes, what did A.J. tell you?” I asked.

 

“It was hard to understand her. When she called all I got before she hung up was that she wanted us to come back to the house and check on you,” Henry said moving next to Luna.

 

“Why are you wearing an apron? Were you playing housewife and things got a little too y in the kitchen?” Siwon asked chuckling. 

 

“We were…I just…” I whispered touching the apron.

 

“Siwon why don’t you help your father and brother clean up the living room,” Mrs. Liu said sternly to him. “Krystal please come with me, and Luna to Max and I’s bedroom,” she said before leading me down the hallway.

 

“Now that we have some privacy, can you tell us what happened?” Mrs. Liu asked.

 

“It all happened so fast,” I said.

 

“I understand that. Which is why I must insist that you let me check you for bite marks,” she said as I saw Luna’s eyes go wide.

 

“She didn’t bite me.” I said angry. “She wouldn’t hurt me. She didn’t hurt me.”

 

“Krystal please understand, this is a sensitive issue. I am not saying that A.J. would ever intend to hurt you. It is quite the opposite. She uses all of her will power to make sure nothing happens to you. I am just trying to ensure your safety. The couch is broken, and something clearly happened between you. If her teeth even happened to graze the first few layers of your skin there is a possibility that a small amount of venom will get into your bloodstream.”

 

“Venom?” I repeated scared.

 

“Yes, now if it was only a small amount it wouldn’t be enough to turn you, but it would make you very sick for a few days until it left your system. So for your well being will you please allow Luna and I to check your skin?” she asked calmly.

 

“Ok,” I agreed quietly.

 

“We will be quick, I promise,” Luna said trying to comfort me.

 

They helped me take off the apron, before looking over the skin on my arms, neck, and face.

 

“This dress looks wonderful on you,” Luna said sweetly.

 

“Thank you for giving me so many beautiful dresses to choose from.”

 

“I can understand why A.J. might have not been able to control herself after seeing you in this,” Luna whispered to herself.

 

“Let’s not make jokes Luna,” her mother scolded. “Thank you for your patience Krystal. We didn’t finds any marks that could’ve come from her teeth,” she continued touching my shoulder.

 

“I’m sorry for snapping at you. Thank you for being concerned with my safety.”

 

“Of course. I will leave you two to talk,” Mrs. Liu said before leaving the bedroom.

 

“Krys, can you tell me what happened?” Luna asked sitting down on the bed.

 

I sat down next to her slowly, “We had the most perfect dinner.”

 

“A.J. said she wanted the house for the night to cook you dinner. I was hoping that it would be the perfect night for you both to escape from everything.”

 

“It was an escape. I ate, and then offered to clean up-”

 

“That explains the apron,” Luna said giggling.

 

“Yeah, so after that she put on some music in the living room, and we danced. It was calming, and not something I thought I was even capable of.”

 

“She is an exceptional dancer.”

 

“What isn’t she good at?” I asked sighing and pushing the hair away from my face.

 

“She is not very good at staying away from you.”

 

“Can you promise that she will come back this time?” I asked on the verge of tears.

 

“Krystal I-”

 

“It was perfect, it really was. And then it was over, the reality of our situation coming back to haunt us.”

 

“Did she break the couch to stop herself from biting you?” Luna asked pausing after each word she said.

 

“We were…it just escalated in the blink of an eye. We’ve never…kissed laying down before. She just froze on top of me. That blank look came over her face, and I just…I didn’t know…”

 

“Were you afraid of her?”

 

“No…I mean not really. I felt more concerned that something was wrong with her. It may sound stupid but I just don’t believe in my heart that she could ever actually hurt me.”

 

“Every fiber of her being wishes to protect you Krystal. But there is still that uncontrollable part of us that comes to the surface sometimes and it’s like we lose ourselves to it. It’s not a part of us anymore, we are a part of it,” Luna explained.

 

“She didn’t even remember what happened. Only seconds after breaking the couch she asked me what had happened. Has that happened to you?”

 

“Memory loss can happen sometimes when our instincts take over. It has happened to me before, mostly when I first became a vampire. I have large chucks of my memory that are missing from those first few years. A.J. likes to separate herself from her vampire nature, so she often doesn’t remember when we go out to hunt.”

 

“It only happens when she is hunting?” I asked shocked. “You think she was preparing to bite me?”

 

“That’s not what I said. I can’t predict what she was going to do. I can only tell you what has already happened. I think she was put in a situation where her emotions were going all over the place. That is a place where she doesn’t often find herself. I also think being in close proximity to you made her vampire nature rise to the surface, and incredibly she had the will power to stop herself.”

 

“She’s not going to ever wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter