Closer

The Cold Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

“And this is A.J.’s room,” Luna said as we stopped in front of the open door.

“Ok Luna you’ve given her a tour of the entire house. Why don’t you let me speak to her alone for a moment,” her mom told her.

“Ok, I hope you enjoyed it though Krystal,” she said with a smile.

“Yeah thanks,” I answered as she walked away.

“Please Krystal come and sit in here for a moment,” the woman said leading me to the couch in A.J.’s room.

 

I followed slowly and sat down next to her.

 

“I hope that how Siwon and Yuri were acting earlier didn’t frighten you. They just have a hard time with change. If you knew their backstories you would understand.”

“I…I don’t really know what to think of all this. I’m just here because…”

“Because of A.J. I understand. A.J. is truly amazing, and unique. She is very dear to me. All of my children are. We have formed this bond of family that no fighting or disagreements will ever come between. That includes you. Of all the things that you have to adjust to don’t worry about how you being here affects us. Because I know A.J. so well, I know that you must be very important to her. She doesn’t make decisions lightly. If she wants you here, then I want you here. Ok?”

“Thank you.”

“Of course. I am sure that you need to be alone with your thoughts, so I’ll leave you to it,” she said standing up.

“A.J. won’t mind me being in here?” I asked.

“You? No dear. It’s fine,” she said before leaving me.

 

I took a breath and looked around the expansive room. There were shelves and shelves of books. I stood up and began to skim the titles. She had everything from plays to modern day sci-fi thrillers. It was a truly impressive collection. I also noticed a keyboard, and guitar in the corner of the room. Is there anything she can’t do? All of the furniture was very modern. A glass coffee table in front of the couch, and a very upscale desk. She had a stereo system, and flatscreen mounted to the wall. But there was no bed. The middle of the room was completely open. I walked over to her desk, and found  a hardback version of Romeo and Juliet laying open. She was reading this? Just like I was reading Macbeth for her?

 

“Snooping are we?” a voice asked.

“A.J.” I said turning around.

 

She stood in the doorway hair slightly a mess, looking at me. With the image of Siwon pinning her to the tree in my mind I moved across the room and into her arms.

 

“Are you sure you’re not hurt?” I asked hugging her tight.

“I’m fine. I thought we established the fact that it was really hard to hurt me.”

“Oh I shouldn’t be this close,” I said pulling back. “I keep forgetting,” I said sadly.

“It’s ok. It gets easier for me every day.”

“Really?” I asked feeling a tear roll down my cheek.

“Why are you crying?”

“I’m not really sure. It’s just a combination of things. I’m so glad you aren’t hurt.”

“I don’t like to see you cry, but I envy you for it. I’ve forgotten what it feels like,” she said wiping the tear away.

“It makes me feel vulnerable.”

“Is that such a bad thing?”

“Only if I’m the only one. Let me hug you again if it’s alright?”

“It’s ok,” she said opening her arms to me.

 

I held tight, putting my arms around her waist.

 

“Your brother is crazy. But I really like your mom,” I sighed letting go after a moment.

“Yeah? What did Victoria say to you?” she asked curious. 

“That’s her name? It’s pretty.”

“It is. So what did she say?”

“No that’s between us.”

“Are you already keeping secrets with my family?”

“She was just nice. Really normal.”

“We are most normal family you could hope for,” she laughed.

“I think your room is really cool,” I said glancing around.

“How lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter