Relationships

The Cold Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

When we made it to the living room A.J.’s mom and dad were there talking to each other. It was them, us, and Henry.

 

“Dad,” A.J. said getting his attention.

 

The doctor’s eyes shifted towards us. And I could see him look down at our clasped hands. It made me feel self conscious. It’s not like I’ve done this a lot. She sensed my unease and gave my hand a gentle squeeze before letting go.

 

“A.J., Ms. Jung,” he said looking at each of us.

“Dad I know this might be kind of surprising, but Krystal is special to me. I had to tell her the truth about me. I don’t want to hide anything from her. I-“

“A.J. we should talk alone,” he said.

“What? No, you can say whatever you need to in front of her,” she told him.

“I’m not asking. In my office now,” he said walking out of the room.

“Is he mad?” I asked her worried.

“It’ll be ok. I’ll talk to him,” she said before following him.

 

“I never wanted to cause conflict,” I sighed.

“It’s not something you should feel guilty about. This just puts our family at more risk than we are used to,” Victoria explained.

“I would never tell anyone about you all. You can trust me,” I promised.

“I’m sure that’s true. But there is still some risk involved, and my husband tends to worry about things.”

“But he’ll come around to it right mom?” Henry asked.

“He is a compassionate man above everything else. I don’t think you have to be afraid Krystal. Like I said earlier if A.J. wants you here, then I do. And it seems like you are getting closer by the moment. I have a suspicion that you won’t be going anywhere anytime soon,” she said kindly.

 

 

A.J.’s Pov

 

“Dad was this really necessary?” I asked once we when in his office.

“Well you could say that I’m more than surprised at the fact she is here. I thought we had decided that keeping your distance from her was the best thing to do.”

“I tried. I really did. But all that did was make her hate me, and make me feel like a horrible person. I know this is dangerous, I know this is stupid, I know that I have no right to put the family in harm’s way like this, but I just can’t help it. I can’t stay away from her. She makes me want to tell her things that I’ve never told anyone else. And when I told her what I was, she didn’t run away. She wasn’t afraid of me. I can’t explain what she makes me feel. I haven’t felt this alive in such a long time. I know that she is human, and it should go against all instincts to feel something for her, but I do. I do, and shockingly she feels something for me as well. I can’t even comprehend all of this. Dad I’m so sorry for being selfish, but I can’t give her up. I just can’t,” I said seriously.

“A.J.,” he sighed bringing me into a hug.

“Dad please don’t be mad.”

“I’m not. I’m worried for you,” he said rubbing my back briefly.

“I know that this is an impossible situation. But I’m so happy when I’m with her, that I don’t have a choice.”

“You know how much I care for you. And I know how hard it’s been for you all these years with no one to be your other half. Watching your siblings be happy, and wanting that for yourself. I want this to work for you. But there will be many hard decisions that you will have to make down the road. I wish it could be easy.”

“I sometimes wonder how much better my human life would have been if my birth father was like you.”

“Well you have me now and forever. Doesn’t matter if you are two hundred or six hundred, I love being your father. For as long as you will have me,” he said comforting me.

“Always. You’ve helped me more than I can put into words.”

“So Krystal Jung? What is so different about her?”

“She is so open, and accepting. She is smart, and thoughtful. Not to mention beautiful. So beautiful. I just can’t fathom what she sees in me.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter