Under the Surface

The Cold Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

That Afternoon

 

Krystal's Pov

 

“Well I would say that that was a very successful day of publicly being a couple,” I said as we walked towards her car in the parking lot.

“Was it? Was there enough hand holding and couple affection to satisfy your expectations?” A.J. putting an arm around my shoulders and pulling me into her.

“Very much so. I almost didn’t know if other people would notice because we already spent so much time together already. But people are staring at us as we speak.”

“Don’t be alarmed. They have probably never even seen me touch other person before today.”

 

Suddenly we got to her car, and the atmosphere changed. She dropped her arm, and the bag that she was carrying to stare at the side of her car. I gasped looking at the driver’s side door which had the word “Dyke” keyed into the side of it.

 

“A.J.,” I whispered grabbing her wrist.

 

She tensed. This could become very ugly very fast. She couldn’t lose control. She gently pulled her wrist away and leaned both hands against the car.

 

“Don’t let it get to you. Someone was just being an ,” I urged wanting her to listen.

“We both know exactly who that was,” she growled. “I want to hurt him,” she continued gripping the car, and making impressions with her fingers.

“Calm down. Please,” I pleaded trying to relax her.

 

I could hear a few kids laughing at the scene from where they were standing nearby in the parking lot. I started to get a few flashbacks to when I had been bullied when I was younger. I felt panicked. How much more were A.J. and I going to have to go through? A tear escaped my eye, and her finger caught it before it could run down my cheek.

 

“Krys, don’t cry. Don’t give him the satisfaction.”

“It’s just I was bullied a lot in middle school,” I explained, my eyes welling up even more.

 

Her eyes shifted away from me, and scanned the parking lot until she found who she was searching for. And she was storming off right towards Onew.

 

“A.J. let’s just go!” I yelled after her.

 

She got to him, and shoved him against the side of his pick up truck.

 

“What the hell!” Onew yelled.

“Why do you have to be such a reprehensible piece of trash?” A.J. asked while Onew stood taller trying to impose the few inches he had over A.J.

“I don’t know what your talking about, but if you’re looking for a fight I don’t fight girls. That wouldn’t be very fair would it.”

“How about me?” Siwon said appearing next to us.

“So now your brother has to stand up for you?” Onew laughed.

“A.J. look at me,” I said turning her face to mine. “Don’t. Don’t jeopardize your family. Don’t make violence the answer.”

“You’ve got a pretty big mouth for such a little guy,” Siwon laughed at him. “I’m only going to say this to you once. If you ever trying to hurt anyone in my family, including Krystal, I will redefine the definition of pain as you know it. So stay away from us, everyday from now on. Every single day don’t even glance at us,” Siwon whispered persuading him to do as asked.

 

Onew immediately backed away. My other friends from lunch began walking over to us.

 

“A.J. we should go. We can get your car fixed today if we leave for the shop now,” Siwon told her. “I’ll wait in your car, I told the others to leave when I came over here so we wouldn’t all make a scene,” he added gripping her shoulder before walking over to her car.

“Are you ok?” I asked holding her face.

“It can never just be ok. Even for one day.”

“Don’t say that.”

“Do you want me to take you somewhere?” she asked through gritted teeth.

“A.J. I just want you to process this with me. Do what you said, don’t give him the satisfaction.”

“Will you be able to find another ride? Siwon’s right I should go now.”

“I can take her home,” Yoona said coming closer.

“A.J.-“

“I’ll see you later,” she said before kissing m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter