A New Place

The Cold Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's Pov

 

So here I am. The first day at a new school. In a part of the country I’ve only been a few times. In a small town just outside of Portland. My mom got a job that she just couldn’t pass up, so here we are. I’m going to be the new student in the middle of my junior year. Great, just great. At my last school in Texas I had finally begun to make some friends. And now I have to start over. It’s like I don’t even feel like trying. Maybe I should just lay low for the next year and half. What’s the point in trying?  It’s just been me and my mom for as long as I can remember. My dad left when I was a toddler, and we haven’t heard from him since. My mom is as quirky as they come, but I love her. Sometimes I feel like she is the daughter and I’m the mom in the relationship. I’ve never really meshed with people my own age. I like books, and poetry. And that is not something I have in common with other seventeen year olds. 

 

“Krystal are you ready for school?” my mom asked knocking on my bedroom door.

“Yeah I’m dressed,” I said opening door and coming out.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to take you to school? I hadn’t even seen what it looks like on the inside,” she said as we went to the kitchen.

“Mom no. I’ll already be the weird new kid. If my mom takes me, then I’ll be the joke of the class,” I sighed.

“Ok, I was just offering.”

“Besides don’t you have work stuff you have to do at the hospital?”

“I don’t have a full day today. But I’m going to go in and familiarize myself.”

“Well I’ll see you when I get home later,” I said grabbing my back pack.

“You aren’t going to eat?”

“No, I’m not hungry. I’m going ok?”

“Wait. Just try your best ok? I know moving was the last thing you wanted to do, but I had to give this new job a shot. You can like this place if you give it a chance,” she said.

“Doubtful,” I grumbled going out the front door to my car.

 

 

At school

 

Once I got my new class schedule I tried to find my first class which was biology. As I made my way in the classroom the other kids where talking and sitting down at the desks that where theirs. I went to the teacher and he looked at my transfer form.

 

“Ms. Jung welcome to the class. We are in the middle of discussing cell theory. The only open desk we have is in the last row in the back. So please take a seat,” he told me handing me back my paper.

 

I walked down the rows of desks and saw everyone staring at me and whispering about the new girl. I quickly sat down as fast as I could without really looking at the person next to me. I tried to focus straight ahead on the white board, but I felt a strange presence next to me. I shifted my eyes to look beside me, and was intrigued. He was dressed in all black. A long sleeve t-shirt, and jeans. His chair was as far away from mine as possible, and he was looking out the window. His short hair was spiked up with some gel product. But I couldn’t get a good look at his face. His dark brown hair contrasted against his pale skin. He seemed rigid, and almost angry. Why? It couldn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter