Night Out

The Angel of Death

The school day had been pretty hard, Jin Ae hadn't played a student since 2009. But luckily, no one really talked to her, except for the teachers of course which she was really thankful for. Jin Ae wasn't there to make friends, she just need to get close to her teacher. That was her only goal. 

 

"Unni whats for dinner?" Jin Ae asked as she tiredly walked through the door. 

"Hot dogs, fried shrimp, pizza, and hamburgers." Sung Kyung came up behind Jin Ae in her cheerful self. 

Jin Ae gave her a weird look. "What're you talking about? Where's Yoo Ri unni?"

"Sunbae is fighting with the demons." Sung Kyung said. "But lets go out to the amusement park tonight!" She said as Jin Ae put her backpack and books away in her room. 

Jin Ae came back out with her hands in her hair trying to put it in a bun. "why do you wanna go to the amusement park?" 

"Because they're so much fun!! Dont you just love the nervousness that comes in your stomach when you're going up a rollercoaster and how the adrenaline shoots through you when you're speeding down?" Sung Kyung asked dreaming about the wonderful feeling. 

"No." 

Sung Kyung's cheerful expression went dead and she shot Jin Ae a look. "Yes you do. Now come on." She dragged Jin Ae into her room so she could change out of her uniform. 

"Ughhhh." Jin Ae groaned as she changed. 

"You always end up having fun! Stop pretending like you don't like it." Sung Kyung argued back to her throwing her a pair of jean shorts a loose black tank top. 

Jin Ae slipped the clothes on while still grumbling but agreed nevertheless. The two best friends left the apartment and went to enjoy a night of rollercoasters, greasey food, and endless fun, even though Jin Ae would rather just sleep.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Bye oppas!" A few girls waved to the EXO guys as they walked out of the high school. 

"Bye girls!" Tao and Lay waved back with dumb smiles on their faces. 

"What should we do tonight?" Kai slid down the railing and onto the ground. 

"We could go to the library and study for our history test on Tuesday." Suho suggsted. The guys all looked at each other, slightly nodding in agreenment before bursting into laughter. 

"Good one." Baekhyun patted Suho on the back as they all laughed. 

Sehun calmed his laughing and turned to the guys. "No but seriously, what should we do tonight? Its Friday!!" He exclaimed as shook Luhan's shoulders.

"I heard there's a new ride opening up at the park." Chen remembered and told the guys. 

D.O's face lit up at the idea. "Oooo ooo!! Lets go to the amusement park!!"

The guys pondered over the idea. "Hot girls, good food, fun rides, or stay at home watching TV..." Baekhyun tapped his chin in thought. 

"TV it is!!" Suho cheered throwing his hands up in the air. The guys either rolled their eyes or chuckled with Suho as they walked to his and Kris's cars.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"This place smells like fried feet!" Jin Ae pinched her nose and grimaced.

Sung Kyung jumped forward and took a deep breath in through the nose. "I know!!" She breathed out. "I love it!!"

"You're disgusting." Jin Ae held her stomach as Sung Kyung pulled her to the closest ride. They stood in line waiting for their turn to go on the ride as more and more people lined up behind them as well.

Sung Kyungs phone began to ring as they walked up the stairs. "Hang on." She told Jin Ae and turned slightly away to answer her phone. "Oh Kwang Soo oppa." She said with a smile on her face. Jin Ae knew where this conversation was going and stepped a little away from Sung Kyung. But her step was too large causing her foot to slip off the stair step she was standing on. 

"Ah, ah Ah!" Jin Ae exclaimed as she fell backwards. Her arms flailed around as she tried to regain her balance but was surprised when she landed in a pair of sturdy arms, instead of the hard concrete. 

Jin Ae opened her eyes to see who's arms she had just fallen in and was met by a handsome, and rather familiar, face. "Are you okay?" He asked pulling her back up. 

Jin Ae cleared and tried not to act like she was embarassed. "Um, fine." She fixed her shirt and shorts. "Thank you." She awkwardly glanced at him. His friends behind him smirked and nudged one another as the guy who caught her smiled and told her she was welcome. 

"Hey!" One of the guys towards the back pointed at her. "We know you!" He exclaimed. 

The guys all blinked and looked at her. "hey yeah." A tall one with blonde hair nodded. "You're the new girl." 

Jin Ae looked at them and realized that these were the guys from her new school. "Great." She groaned silently to herself.

"Oh yeah." Jin Ae nodded. 

"Jin Hye right?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Jin Ae, actually." She snapped trying to sound nice. "And you are?" 

"Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun." He answered with a smile. Jin Ae foreced a smile and nodded before turning back around and stepping closer to Sung Kyung who was still on the phone. 

The guys looked at each other, baffled. That was it? She wasn't going to talk to them anymore? Jin Ae knew it was rude but she really didn't want to. 

"Arasso," Sung Kyung said. "I love you too oppa. Bye." She sent him a kiss through the phone and hung up, turning back around towards Jin Ae. "Sorry about that." She said and looked at Jin Ae who looked uncomfortable and glanced at the guys who were looking at her. Sung Kyung blinked and looked at Jin Ae. "Did I miss something?" She asked. 

Jin Ae shook her head and stared straight ahead as the line moved forward and they all took a few steps up. 

"You must be Jin Ae's friend." Baekhyun butted back in, shaking Sung Kyungs hand. 

Sung Kyung was caught off guard by his grab but then smiled and nodded. "Mhm. And you are?"

"Baekhyun, Jin Ae's school mate." He answered back, releasing her hand. 

"Ahhhh." Sung Kyung nodded, glancing at the others. "And you all are?" 

Jin Ae silently groaned to herself when she realized where this was going. The boys all said their names one by one, some adding witty comments while others just said their names. 

"And I'm Sehun, the one Jin Ae fell for a few minutes ago." Sehun said. Jin Ae slightly furrowed her eyebrows, shooting him a confused and irritated look but only recieving a wink in return. Sung Kyung caught their little interaction and giggled. 

"You guys should hang out with us tonight." Kris suggested. 

"Oh, no than-"

"That'd be fun." Sung Kyung said as she slapped a hand over Jin Ae's mouth, cutting her off from finishing her sentence. 

Jin Ae slapped her hand away and gave Sung Kyung a look. "Yah." 

"Looks like we're up!" Sung Kyung said in relief when she saw they were the next ones to go into the cart station. Sung Kyung ran to the cart lines, followed by the other guys. Jin Ae watched her best friend, dumbfounded that she would agree to the guys when Sung Kyung knew how much Jin Ae hated socializing. 

Sehun one of the last ones to walk up when he saw that Jin Ae still wasn't moving. He slightly smiled and grabbed her arm. "Come on Grumpy." He said and pulled her into one of the carts before she could deny. Sung Kyung was sitting a few seats behind Sehun and Jin Ae with Xiumin so Jin Ae couldn't even yell at her. 

Jin Ae sighed and faced the front, slamming her back against the seat with a thump. Sehun had pulled her into the very first seat which terrified her even more. She sat in the seat, her leg shaking and biting on her nails trying to calm her nerves. 

Sehun looked at her and couldnt contain his smile. "I guess even Grumpy is scared of roller coasters." He said. Jin Ae stopped her angsty actions and looked at him when she realized how dumb she looked. Sehun chuckled and leaned back into the seat, stretching his arms out so his right arm extended across the back edge of her seat. "Don't worry." He sighed. "If you get scared, you can hold my hand." He said putting out his left hand for her. 

Jin Ae blinked and looked at it. "Is he serious?" She scoffed to herself ready to pound him. "No thanks." She tried to say as politely as she could, but honestly, her tone sounded like, "Try to touch me and I'll ing skin you alive you incoherent, disgusting pig." Sehun shrugged and turned his attention elsewhere, leaving Jin Ae to drown in her sorrows of hating her position right now. 

"Everyone please keep your arms inside the cart and keep your seatbelts on until the cart comes to a complete stop back in the station." One of the workers announced before they started the ride. The cart began to go up the hill and Jin Ae immediatley began to pray.

"Oh my God oh my God oh my God oh my God." Jin Ae sunk into her seat as she saw the ground getting farther and farther away. Her hands her clawed onto the rubber bar that was keeping her in her seat and her legs were trying to stay on the bottom of the cart that was going dozens of feet into the air. Sehun looked over after he heard her cries and had to smile again. 

"Just hang onto to me." He grabbed her hands and wrapped them around his arm. "I got you." He said. 

"Are you craz- AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Jin Ae screamed bloody murder as the cart began to shoot down the first hill as it sped alost 100 miles per hour. "OMMMMMAAAAA!!!!" She was practically crying by this point. 

The others were all waving their arms in the air. Baekhyun had taken off his seatbelt and was slightly hovering from his seat and Sung Kyung was laughing in the background. Sehun only had one arm up in the air since Jin Ae had clung onto the other when they went down. 

"WOOOOOOO!!" Sehun cheered as they went up the next hill.

"I'M GONNA DIEEEEEE!!" Jin Ae cried onto Sehun's shoulder. "HEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!" She screamed when they went down the next hill. Sehun instinctively wrapped his arm around Jin Ae as she hugged him tighter and tighter. 

The ride went up and down two more hills before finishing up. It slowled down near the end and slowly pulled into the station, finishing off the ride. Jin Ae's eyes were glued shut and was panting heavily, her head resting on the side of Sehun's chest. 

The others all got out, happy and pumped with energy. Lay grabbed his shoes from the little cubbies and saw how tightly Jin Ae was still clinging onto Sehun. "Wow." Lay smirked. "You work fast." He said to Sehun. The others all looked over and chuckled. 

Jin Ae opened her eyes and turned her up, only to be met by Sehun's shy smirk. 

"Yah!" Jin Ae shoved him away. "The hell do you think you're doing?!" She shouted, jumping out of the cart as if he had just ually touched her. 

"Says the one who was groping me the whole ride." Sehun said as he got out as well. 

Jin Ae's mouth fell to the ground. "I was not!" She argued back at him. 

Sehun shrugged and walked past her. "Whatever you say Grumpy." 

"And stop calling me that!" She yelled to him as he walked down the exit stairs. 

 

 

The 14 kiddos walked down to the lower part of the park where the smaller rides were. 

"ooo ooo!! Let's go on that one!" Luhan suddenly began running towards one of the rides. The guys and girls looked over and saw that he wanted to go on the Scrambler.

 

Jin Ae could already feel sick again. The gang walked over to the fun ride and got in line for that one.

"Jin Ae, do you wanna sit with me?" Luhan shyly asked.

Out of all of them, Luhan, Xiumin and Chen seemed the best option to her. She nodded. "Sure Luhan ssi." 

As they waited in line, she looked at each of the guys. They all seemed like normal teenagers just trying to get through high school and still have fun at the same time. Her eyes landed on Sehun who's arms were resting on the gate. He looked at one of the girls that was already on the ride and winked at her with a smirk. The girl blushed before walking away with her friend.

*Ts. So typical.* Jin Ae slightly shook her head. The gate opened and they all walked to their little cars. Tao and Kris jumped into the one by Jin Ae and Luhan while Sehun and Kai sat to the right of them. Sung Kyung was sitting by Xiumin, talking about some movie they both recently saw and the others were a bit farther away.

"So where did you live before Seoul?" Kris asked over to Jin Ae. 

"Uh," Jin Ae quickly tried to think of somewhere far, "China." She answered.

Tao's eyes lit up. "Shuǎng ó! Wǒ céngjīng zài nàlǐ shēnghuóguò!"

"Yeah nice to meet you too buddy." Jin Ae responded.

Tao and Kris furrowed their eyebrows and chuckled. "What?"  But before anyone else could say anything about Jin Ae's obvious lack of Chinese, the ride started spinning around. 

"Oh god oh god oh god." Jin Ae held on tightly to the cart. Luhan looked over at her and chuckled. 

"Are you okay Jin Ae ssi?" He asked. 

"Perfect." She said bluntly trying to hold down her lunch. 

The ride started spinning faster and faster and everytime it would turn, Jin Ae would crash into Luhan. At first, it was pretty nauseating and Jin Ae couldn't wait to get off, but as the ride went on, Jin Ae started to have fun. She felt like butterflies were fluttering around in her stomach every time the ride would make a quick turn which made her giggle. 

"Ai hyung!" Sehun crused at Kai as Kai slammed into Sehun for the fifth time. "Get off!"

"Im trying!" Kai yelled back but the gravity was too much and kept pulling him towards Sehun. "You know? Lets just embrace it." Kai smiled warmly and wrapped his arms around Sehun waist. 

"YAH HYUNG!" Sehun yelled out but he was smiling. Jin Ae looked over and the picture was just so cute, even she couldn't help but giggle a bit. The ride stopped soon after and everyone got off. Lay was holding his stomach and ran to the nearest bush as soon as he could

"Yixing ah!" Suho called. "You alright?" He and the other guys walked over while Jin Ae and Sung Kyung stood behind. 

"Y- yeah..." Lay murmured weakly after he threw up in the bush. The guys all patted his back or ruffled his hair showing him they were there and it was okay. Jin Ae was touched by how caring they were to their friend.

Lay wiped his mouth and stood back up. "I'm fine now." Chanyeol patted his back and they went back to where the girls were waiting. 

"Are you alright?" Sung Kyung asked worriedly. 

He gave her a strong smile and nodded. "Yeah." 

"Lets stay away from spinning rides for now." D.O. suggested looking at Lay who's ears turned red. D.O. chuckled. "I'm kidding." 

Sung Kyung was laughing along when suddenly, she stopped. She had the same look on her face that Yoo Ri had when she left the mall the other day.

Jin Ae looked over at her. "What?" 

"Excuse us for a second." Sung Kyung said to the guys and took Jin Ae to the side. "I'm being signalled. I think someone's in trouble." She whispered to her. 

"Okay, so lets go." Jin Ae said. 

Sung Kyung lightly smirked and stopped her. "Im going, you're not." 

Jin Ae furrowed her eyebrows. "What?" 

"Me being signalled doesn't mean you have to go too. You stay here and mingle with your new friends!" She continued. 

"What?? They're not my friends! I only hung out with them because you dragged me into it!" Jin Ae hissed at her. But Sung Kyung ignored her and was already going back to the guys. "Yah! Lee Sung Kyung!!" 

"Looks like I have to go." She said apologetically to the boys. 

"Awh already?" Chen pouted. 

"Yeah sorry. Work is work." Sung Kyung shrugged and frowned. "But dont worry," she pulled the grumbling and irritated Jin Ae over, "Jin Ae can stay." 

"Actually, I have work too." She lied with a fake sorry smile on her face. 

But Sung Kyung wasn't gonna let her go that easily. "No you don't. You don't work on the weekends." 

Jin Ae shot her a look and was killing her a thousand times in her head. "Come on, stay. We insist." D.O. said. 

"Yeah it'll be fun." Chanyeol smiled.

Jin Ae bit her lip in hesitation. She didn't wanna be mean so she sighed and agreed. "Alright I guess." 

"Yay!" Xiumin cheered. 

"I'll come over tomorrow. See ya." Sung Kyung waved and ran off to the exit leaving Jin Ae alone with the twelve guys. 

"Are you guys sisters?" Baekhyun asked. 

Jin Ae shook her head. "No, just friends." 

"Ah.." He nodded. 

"I think the fire show is gonna start soon. Should we go watch?" Tao suggested. 

"Fire show?" Jin Ae asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yeah a bunch of people come onto the stage and do a bunch of tricks with fire. Its really cool." Kris explained. 

"Yeah lets go guys!" Luhan excitedly grabbed Xiumin and Kai and ran off with them. The other guys laughed and followed them. 

They reached the benches that were set up in front of the stage and went to sit down, as close as they could go. Jin Ae didn't like the idea of fire since, well, that's how she died and decided to stay near the back.

Sehun stopped walking when he realized she wasn't beside them and turned back to look at her. "Aren't you coming?"

"Uhh..." Jin Ae looked at the giant torches burning on the sides of the stage. "I'm just gonna watch from back here." Sehun noticed the tense look in her eyes that no one else wouldve noticed. 

"Scared of fire?" He asked.

Jin Ae swallowed at his accusation. But she kept her poker face. "What? No." She shook her head. "I just don't like it. You can go sit with your friends though. I'll be here."

They were interrupted when the other guys ushered for them to come over and sit by them. Jin Ae was surprised when Sehun declined and stood with her. She looked at him and he smiled at her. "I wouldn't be much of a gentleman if I left you here alone would I?" 

Jin Ae could feel her eyes slightly flutter and she reverted her attention towards the front. "I guess not..." She said ever so softly.

 

"Hello everybody!! Welcome to the Fire Escapades!!!" The announcer said through the microphone which the audience clapped at. "We have an amazing show planned for you tonight so please stay until the end and no flash photography. Thank you and enjoy the show!" 

The audience clapped one more time and the performers walked out. They each had at least one lit torch in their hands. Two of the performers stood on the opposite ends of the stage and started juggling the torches back and forth to each other which scared Jin Ae a bit. Sehun could almsot feel her tensing up and glanced over at her. Her forehead had the slightest glisten of sweat and her hands tightly crossed across her chest which confirmed Sehuns thoughts of her being scared of fire. 

"What is with this girl constantly needing me to protect her?" Sehun sighed jokingly as he grabbed her hand and began to pull her away.

Jin Ae's was surprised by his actions. "What're you doing?" She asked pulling her hand back.

"You're obviously uncomfortable with the fire so I'm taking you to do other stuff." He answered as he lead her to the gaming section of the park.

Jin Ae glanced back at the fire show and saw the other guys. "What about your friends?" She asked. 

"They'll call me when the shows over." He said and took out two dollars from his wallet as they walked up to the first game stand. "Now hush and play me against Water Shooter." He said handing the worker the money. 

Jin Ae didn't know why but she sat down on the red stool and placed her hands on the water gun that was attached to the table. "How do you play?" She asked. 

"Shoot at that red circle, and whoever fills their tube of water the fastest wins." Sehun explained getting himself ready. Jin Ae and Sehun got ready and waited for the worker to tell them they could start.

"Ready....Set.....Go!" 

Jin Ae and Sehun both pressed on the button of the water gun and spouted endless water at the red target that was a few feet in front of them. Sehun and Jin Ae's tube battled out over who would reach the top first and when Sehun saw that Jin Ae was about to win, he hit her water gun and knocked it out of her hands. 

"YAH SEHUN AH!!!" Jin Ae shouted, angry that he was about to win. Sehun chuckled and shot for a few more seconds before his tube was filled up, giving him the win. Jin Ae's jaw dropped to the floor in frustration and shock. "You're such a cheater!!" 

"Cheating? Who?" Sehun gave her the most innocent look ever. "Me?" He pointed to himself.  Jin Ae shot him the dirtiest look she could as Sehun bit his lip like the goofy kid he was acting like. 

"You get to pick a stuff animal." The worker said pointing up to the stuff animals hanging from the top of the game stand. 

Sehun looked up and saw the one he wanted. "Give me the Grumpy Cat please." He said with a light smile. 

"Neh." The worker said and got the cat medium sized cat down for Sehun. 

"Thank you." He smiled when the worker handed him the stuff animal. Jin Ae and Sehun began to walk away, her feelings still fuming.

"I can't believe you hit the gun out of my hands." She puffed a few strands of hair off of her face with an angry sigh. 

Sehun chuckled as he pet the cat. "Here." He handed Jin Ae the animal. "I got this because it reminded me of you." Most girls would have been touched at the gesture but Jin Ae felt insulted. 

"I remind you an angry cat?" She raised an eyebrow, but still holding the little kitty. 

"Mhm." Sehun nodded. 

"Gee thanks." Jin Ae scoffed. 

Sehun looked at her and laughed. "And because you're kinda cute." He said. Jin Ae stared at the cat when the words came out of Sehun's mouth. She didn't know how to respond so she didn't. But it definitley effected her. 

She, surprisingly, was happy, to some extent. 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys! So I hope you're enjoying the story so far (: I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. Midterms are next week and I've been studying for those. ugggghhh. 

But don't forget to upvote, comment, and subscribe! ^^

oh and "Shuǎng ó! Wǒ céngjīng zài nàlǐ shēnghuóguò!" means "Oh cool! I used to live there too!"