Gym Class

The Angel of Death

"I won't ask you about it." Jin Ae promised him. "But, lean on me right now, neh?" She said softly and brought him close to her. She wrapped her arms around Sehun's neck and embraced him, showing that she would follow up on her word. Jin Ae could feel his steady heartbeat against her chest as he breathed in and out. His body was warm like hers and her arms fit perfectly around his neck like a perfect lock and key. 

Sehun soon wrapped his arms around her waist as well and pulled her close, his head resting on her shoulder. Jin Ae knew he was holding back his emotions as best as he could, but she was glad when she felt his tears dampen the shoulder of her sleeve. She was glad he was letting it out and was even happier that she could be the one to comfort him. 

Through this whole scene, Jin Ae could feel her heart beating faster than usual. She felt chills going up and down her spine every time she thought about Sehun's arms around her thin waist. With him in her arms, Jin Ae suddenly thought what it would be like to kiss him. She knew it could happen if she tried right now, but immediately wiped those out of her head. 

She was confused. The last time her body reacted this way was in 1901, when she had fallen for a boy in her neighborhood. 

Jin Ae's eyes fluttered open and found herself in her bed with a hot cloth spread across her forehead. Jin Ae looked around and realized she didn't remember coming to bed last night. In fact, the last thing she remembered was..."....when I out in the kitchen." Jin Ae said with a dry throat to herself. She remembered Sung Kyung frantically calling her name and figured that the Seer had brought her to her bedroom. 

But did Jin Ae actually blackout? Angel's couldn't faint or pass out; their bodies were immune to those occurrences. Had a demon done something to her that she wasn't aware of? But that didn't make sense. The only person she saw was Sehun that night. Maybe Sehun was demon? No, demons couldn't get hurt and Sehun had bruises all over his arms. 

Then what happened? Jin Ae couldn't figure it out and it was starting to bother her, as well as something else. Jin Ae let out a heavy sigh and buried her head in her hands. 

"But, lean on me right now, neh?"

"Oh God." Jin Ae groaned and threw herself back down onto her pillow. "Stupid stupid stupid stupid!!" She repeatedly hissed at herself as she hit her head with a light fist. "Aish." She angrily exclaimed and sat back up. Just the thought of facing Sehun after her cheesy little moment made her stomach churn upside down. Was she nervous because she was embarrassed, or nervous because she was gonna see him again? 

"Ah I don't know." Jin Ae shook the thought out of her head and got out of bed, hoping something could take her mind off of her dilemma. Jin Ae changed her clothes when she noticed she was was still in the same clothes from yesterday and slipped into her plaid PJ pants and her sweatshirt. She slid her hands into her sweatshirt pocket and left her room, looking for Yoo Ri. 

Jin Ae looked around the apartment and finally saw Yoo Ri on the terrace painting, a hobby of hers when she was free. She was wearing a hat and earmuffs with a heavy coat on to keep her warm. Jin Ae chuckled at her Sunbae's adorable attire and went to greet her for the morning. "Unnie." Jin Ae said when she slid the terrace door open. Yoo Ri looked back and her eyes immediately widened when she saw Jin Ae up and well. 

"Jin Ae yah!!!" Yoo Ri exclaimed and rushed to the younger one. The Sunbae threw her arms around Jin Ae with a surprise hug that Jin Ae wasn't expecting. "Are you okay??" Yoo Ri frantically asked as she held the angel's head in her hands and checked around her body for any cuts or bruises. 

"Yeah I feel fine." Jin Ae said in the confusion. "Is everything okay?" She pried Yoo Ri's hands off of her head. 

"Sung Kyung told me you passed out last night!" Yoo Ri exclaimed in a frenzy. "She said you came in all dazed and the next she saw was you falling to the floor with her eyes closed." 

"Yeah I remember that part." Jin Ae joked lightly patting the back of her head which hit the hard kitchen floor first. But Jin Ae's smile turned into a meek frown when she noticed Yoo Ri's inability to joke at this time. 

"You know how worried I was?" Yoo Ri stated, her eyes full of worry. "I thought you weren't gonna wake up." 

Jin Ae's face softened at her Sunbae's concerns. She was touched how much Yoo Ri carried about her since Supervisors and Angel's relationships were usually just Sunbae-Hoobae. "Unnie, I'm fine. I promise." Jin Ae told her with a strong voice. "Nothing's gonna happen to me." 

"Then why did you blackout?" Yoo Ri asked, finally sitting back down. Jin Ae sighed and leaned against the balcony edge. 

"I've been trying to figure that out as well but I can't think of anything." She confessed. 

"Where were you yesterday?" Yoo Ri finally asked. 

Jin Ae's heart sharpened when her night with Sehun came rushing back into her mind. The hug, the words, the way his heart beat against her chest, everything. The passionate feeling chilled up her neck and into her body that caused a shiver to flow through her veins. "Uh, I was doing a school project with a couple of kids." The angel lied while she rubbed the back of her neck. Yoo Ri believe the fib and nodded, deeply thinking as to what could have happened since this was so unusual. 

She looked at Jin Ae fiddling with her nails in nervousness and sighed. "Go get breakfast before I take you to school." She ordered kindly. Jin Ae looked up with wide eyes when she heard Yoo Ri's words. 

"You're sending me to school?!" The angel exclaimed. 

Yoo Ri furrowed her eyebrows at Jin Ae's outburst. "Yeah, you said you were okay." 

If Jin Ae went to school, that meant she had to go to her classes, if she had to go to her classes, that meant she had to see her classmates, if she saw her classmates, that meant she had to see Sehun!! 

"UNNIE YOU CANT!!" Jin Ae fell onto her knees as if she was begging for her life. 

"Yah Jin Ae yah!!" Yoo Ri exclaimed taken aback. "What's the matter with you??" 

"I- I.....I STILL FEEL SICK!!" Jin Ae made a show of holding her forehead and pretending like she was going to pass out again. 

"Have you forgotten that Jae Suk dies in three weeks?" Yoo Ri raised her eyebrow in irriation. Jin Ae immediatley went solemn at the mention of Jae Suk's death. "Is there a reason why you don't wanna go to school? Because you've never acted like this before." 

"No." Jin Ae lied, staring at the ground. "I'm gonna go get ready." The angel said and went back into the apartment before Yoo Ri could question her more. 

 

 


 

 

 

Sehen dodged and threw the dodge balls that were coming at him. He kept glancing at the gym doors to see if Jin Ae had walked in yet. She wasn't in neither homeroom nor second period but maybe she was just coming in late. Ever since last night, all Sehun thought about was her. He just wanted to see her again. 

"Maknae watch out!!" Kai yelled which threw Sehun out of his thoughts. Sehun looked forward and saw one of the balls coming at him and moved out of the way just before it could hit his chest. "Be careful!!" The wolf exclaimed. 

"Thanks hyung." Sehun gave him a wave of gratitude. He grabbed a nearby dodge ball and threw it at the person who had targeted him. The ball hit the guy's knee, making him out.

The gym teacher blew the whistle which signaled for the game to pause. "Red team wins round two." The gym teacher said when he saw that everyone on the green team was out. The EXO boys on the red team all cheered and high fived each other while the remaining ones (Xiumin, Luhan, Lay, Tao, Chen, and Kris) pouted at their first lost. The third round would determine who the ultimate winners were. "Five minute break everyone." The gym teacher said to the class before he went to the bleachers and checked attendance again. The EXO boys regrouped together as 12 near the doors. 

"What time is the party?" Tao asked Chanyeol once they were all together again. 

"7." Chanyeol answered. It was his birthday today and for celebration, Chanyeol was throwing a big party at his house. 

"Which girls did you invite?" Kai asked checking out the girls in the gym class. 

Chanyoel shrugged. "The usual ones: Victoria, Luna, Seulgi, Joy, Taeyeon, Sunny, Minzy, Yoona, Chorong, Eunji, and all of their friends." 

"You didn't invite CL did you?" Kris quickly asked when he heard Minzy's name. 

"Course I did. Along with Bom and Dara noonas." 

"Aish this ing bastard!" Kris put a hand up to hit Chanyeol but Baekhyun swatted Kris's hand away before it could hit the happy vitamin. 

"She's YOUR ex-girlfriend, not mine." Chanyeol tsked with his hand up to Kris. 

"Look's like Sehun's gonna be sad." Luhan chimed in with a chuckle. Sehun who was still looking for Jin Ae turned to Luhan with a confused expression. 

"Why would I be sad?" The half-demon asked. 

"Chanyeol didn't invite your girlfriend." The fairy said.

Sehun rolled his eyes when he realized what he meant. "Jin Ae's not my girlfriend." 

The guys all looked at one another with eyebrows raised in amusement. "Luhan hyung never said Jin Ae." Kai said with a cocky smile. Sehun cursed at himself for his stupidity. 

"Aish leave me alone." Sehun shoved past Kai and went to get a drink of water from his water bottle at the bleachers. 

"He's head over heel's for the girl." Lay laughed to the guys. Just then, the gym doors were pulled open and in walked the said one. The guys all looked over and met eyes with her big black eyes. 

"Oh Jin Ae yah!" Xiumin exclaimed with a smile. Jin Ae blinked and slightly smiled back. 

"Hey guys." She said with a head nod. 

"We were just talking about you." Chen said. 

Jin Ae raised her eyebrows. "Wae?" 

"I was wondering if you were free tonight. I'm having a birthday party." Chanyeol said before Baekhyun or Chen could tell her the real reason why they were talking about her.

"Oh it's your birthday?" Jin Ae asked to which Chanyeol nodded. "Happy birthday." The angel said to him. 

"Thank you." The Elf smiled back to her." So would you be able to come?" 

"Uh, yeah. I'll see." Jin Ae said just so she could get away from them. "I'm gonna go and check in." She said and walked away as quickly as she could. Sehun who wasn't paying attention to his surroundings was throwing the ball back and forth with one of the other classmates. The other guy threw the ball a little too hard and made the dodge ball fly past Sehun's head. The latter ran back towards the flying object, never taking his eyes off of it. 

Jin Ae who just happened to be walking towards the spot where the ball was gonna land, crashed right into the hottie blondie she was trying to avoid. Sehun rammed right into Jin Ae causing them both to fall flat on their bums. 

"Ahhh." Jin Ae whimpered as she held her head from the pain. 

"Oh I'm so sorry." Sehun bowed his head, not even looking who he bumped into yet. The two lifted their heads and locked eyes with one another. 

"S- Sehun." Jin Ae gulped and shot back up to her feet. 

"O- Oh....Grumpy..." He stuttered, rubbing the back of his neck. Jin Ae fixed her hair and nervously cleared . 

"Well, I'm gonna go check in." She said and walked away, her cheeks burning in embarassment. 

"O- Oh, yeah." He nodded and waved her off. Kai and Luhan who had witnessed the whole scene furrowed their eyebrows at one another. 

"What the hell just happened?" Luhan asked Kai. 

"I have no idea." Kai scoffed back. 

"They're not fighting....did they get into a fight or something?" Luhan asked the younger to which Kai shrugged to. 

 


 

 

The second half of gym class was used to walk and run around the track for the last period. When the whistle was blown once, they would walk. Twice was running and when the whistle was blown three times, they had to stop in their spots and do the exercise the gym teacher told them to. 

Jin Ae walked alone around the track with the EXO boys walking and playing around a few feet behind her. Most of the kids were either complaining about how cold it was and how mean the teacher was for making them come outside in the end of November. Other's just gossiped or talked about their crushes or talked about school work. But Jin Ae never cared for that kind of stuff. She walked with her arms crossed across her chest, wondering how Jae Suk's family would be after she takes him from them. It hurt her just thinking about it. 

The gym teacher blew the whistle three times and everyone stopped and looked over at him. "10 sit ups!" He yelled over the track so everyone could hear him. A groan waved across the track as the students got down on the ground. Most of the kids did the sit ups easily but a little in front of Jin Ae was a slightly bigger girl who was struggling just to pick her head up. The angel felt pity for the other girl. Her face was all red and she looked as if she couldn't breathe. Jin Ae heard a small group of friends snickering at the heavier girl. 

"How is she gonna stand back up?" One of the guys said to his friends. Everyone around him heard, including the girl they were making fun of. The EXO boys heard as well, filling with anger at his comment. 

"We'd need a bull dozer to do it though." A girl in the group snickered causing the friends to laugh even more. 

"Or two." Another chimed in. Jin Ae's fist clenched into a ball of rage. Who did these people think they were to judge that poor girl?! 

The gym teacher blew the whistle twice signaling the students to start running until the whistle blew again. Sehun and Kai ran faster than everyone else, trying to catch up to the s who made those douchey comments. 

But before they could do anything, Sehun saw Jin Ae run in beside them, and ever so slightly, stick her foot out. The girl closest to her was the victim and took a tumble straight onto the hard track ground and scrape her knee up to the point where it bled. 

"AH!!" The girl screamed out in pain as her friends rushed over to her. "What the hell?!" The girl with the name tag that read, LEE IM SOO, exclaimed to Jin Ae. 

Jin Ae feigned a look of innocence and covered in sarcastic surprise. "Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there!" 

Im Soo and her friends shot Jin Ae looks of hatred and anger. "Yeah, sure." She rolled her eyes. 

"How're you gonna get back up?" Jin Ae crossed her arms, repeating what the boy had said earlier. The girl they had made fun of had a smile that was growing on her face. 

"Maybe a bulldozer or two." Sehun said, coming up right next to Jin Ae. The group of friend all scoffed in astonishment. Before they could do anything, the teacher blew the whistle once, allowing Jin Ae and Sehun to walk off together. 

 

"Didn't know you had a heart Grumpy." Sehun said once they were a good distance away from Im Soo and her friends. 

"Psht, I had a heart last night when we-" Jin Ae immediately stopped talking when she realized what she was saying. Her cheeks automatically began to burn once more at the remembrance of their intimate moment. 

"Yeah, about that," Sehun began. 

"I know I know. I had no right to barge in like that." Jin Ae said finishing his sentence for him, even though that wasn't what he was gonna say. "I was way out of line to ask you those personal questions. But I guess I just couldn't help it. I saw the bruises a while ago and you wouldn't leave my mind after that and-" 

"Jin Ae!" He called, cutting off her endless rambling. Jin Ae shut and looked at him. "I was gonna say thank you." He chuckled. 

"Thank you?" Jin Ae repeated, confused. 

"Yeah." Sehun nodded. "No one's ever...cared that much before. No one's ever hugged me like you did." He confessed, making Jin Ae's heart skip five thousand beats. Okay, it was just one beat. But hell, it felt like five thousand! 

"I- well...you know, I'm....Yeah." Jin Ae nodded to him. "Yeah man, what are bro's for?" She spat out, gave him a slap on the back and walked away as fast as she could, leaving Sehun behind, dumbfounded. 

"Wh- what? 'Bro's'?" He repeated, stopping in his spot out of confusion. "Is she serious?" He scoffed.