Group Project

The Angel of Death
 Monday moring came and the students were all sitting in their homeroom, listening to the morning announcements as they chatted with their friends or finishing up last-minute homework. Sehun was talking to the EXO boys as usual and Jin Ae had her nose buried in a book she was supposed to read for her history class.
 
"That's all we have for you today folks! See you next time!" The student on the TV happily waved goodbye which signalled the end of the announcements. Jae Suk looked up at the TV and turned it off when he saw that the announcements were over. 
 
"Alright everybody!" He clapped his hands and stood up from his desk. The students put away their stuff and took out their literature materials from their bookbags. Jae Suk stood up at his podium and took out a stack of papers from his binder. "Today, we're going to be starting a project." He said with a happy smile. The students all groaned in response to this unhappy news. "But it'll be a group project!" He told them before they got too upset. The students cheered and clapped when he said that. "But the grades will be done individually." He snickered while the students groaned once more. "But, you guys will be able to choose your partners." He laughed with the students. Almost all of the students looked at their future partners when Jae Suk said they could choose. Sehun looked at Luhan, Kai and D.O. exchanged knowing glances, Kris and Tao nodded at each other, Baekhyun and Chanyeol just slightly nudged one another, Suho and Lay smiled, and Xiumin and Chen didn't do anything because they knew they would automatically pair up. But Jin Ae didn't move. She just quietly listened to what Jae Suk was saying. 
 
"I'll give you a few minutes to choose your groups while I pass out the rubrics. When I come around, write down who your partner is on this piece of paper." Jae Suk said before he began to walk around the room, placing a rubric sheet on everyone's desk. Jin Ae looked up and saw that everyone had already picked partners, leaving her out. But she didn't mind, she would gladly do this project by herself rather than with other people. Jae Suk came to Jin Ae's desk and placed a rubric and the partner sheet on her desk. Jin Ae wrote down her name and handed it back to Jae Suk.
 
He looked at it and furrowed his eyebrows. "Jin Ae, you forgot your partners name." He said handing her back the paper. 
 
"I'm working by myself." Jin Ae answered. 
 
"Oh I'm sorry Jin Ae but this project requires a partner. You can't do it alone." He said to her which immidiatley ruined her mood. "Is there anyone who'd be willing to let Jin Ae join their group?" Jae Suk asked the class, embarassing Jin Ae to her wits. Everyone turned around to see who was the loser without a partner. Most of the people turned back around since no one really wanted to include Jin Ae. The latter rolled her eyes and really wished she could just work alone. "Well, I suppose...you can work alone, but it'll be pretty hard-"
 
"We'll take her." Sehun called out, causing Jae Suk to stop his sentence. 
 
Jin Ae's voice screamed inside of her head. "Sehun, that bastard."  
 
"Oh chincha??" Jae Suk's eyes lit up. "That'd be great! Thanks Sehun ah!" He said happily. "Jin Ae, you're working with Sehun and Luhan for the project." Jae Suk told her as he wrote her name down with Sehun and Luhan's.
 
Jin Ae's face fell and she turned to look at Sehun. He looked at her andgave her his infamous wink that made her want to throw up. "Great." She muttered and reluctantly got up and pulled her chair over to them. She slumped down in her seat and was greeted by Luhan's kind smile and Sehun's playful little smirk. 
 
"Annyeong, partner." Sehun waved. 
 
"Shut up." Jin Ae ordered which cased Sehun to laugh. 
 
"Alright everyone!" Jae Suk said loudly as he walked back up to the front of the class. He went over to the smartboard and turned it on, revealing the presentation topics. "To wrap up our Shakespeare unit, each group will be recreating a scene from one of his plays. I'm going to pass around a hat," Jae Suk held up a black magicians hat, "In this hate, there are 15 pieces of paper. On the pieces of paper are numbers 1-5, three of each number. Each group will pick a piece of paper and look at the number, match it to the one on the board, and that will be the scene you are performing." Jae Suk announced the instructions as he gave the hate to the first group. 
 
"Oooo I hope we get #3." Luhan hoped. Jin Ae and Sehun looked at the board and saw that it was the fight from Romeo Juliet, where Romeo kills Paris. 
 
"If we get that, Sehun can be Paris." Jin Ae quietly muttered to herself, but loud enough for Sehun could hear. 
 
"You know, I hope we get #5." He scoffed at her. Jin Ae looked at it and saw that it was the balcony scene with Romeo and Juliet. Jin Ae shot him an evil look before turning away from him. By this point, the hat had reached them. Luhan stuck his hand in and pulled a piece of paper. 
 
"Which one is it?" Sehun asked. 
 
"Uhh.." Luhan said as he unfoled it. "#1." He said, a little deflated that they didn't get #3. 
 
"What's #1?" Jin Ae asked as the three looked over at the board once more. "The death of Julius Caesar." She said, with a small smile on her face. But Sehun was the one frowning. He looked at Jin Ae who just smiled and slightly waved. "Annyeong, Caesar." She tried to stifle her amusement. 
 
"Very funny." He gave her a sarcastic smile. 
 
"Hyung." Tao called over to Luhan. The three turned their heads to Tao. "We got #5 but....I don't really wanna confess my love for Kris hyung in front of the whole class." Tao said awkwardly with a chuckle. "Can we switch?"
 
"#5?" Luhan asked and the trio looked at the board. 
 
"YES!" Sehun shouted when he saw that it was the balcony scene. 
 
"NOOO!" Jin Ae yelled as well. But before she could do anything, Sehun snatched the paper out of Tao's hand and gave him theirs. 
 
"HA! Annyeong, Juliet!" Sehun waved with an evil smile to Jin Ae. 
 
The latter scoffed. "Ts." She shook her head. "There's your Juliet." She turned his head towards Luhan. 
 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
The dismissal bells rung and the students all began to file out of their classrooms and out to the buses or their own cars. The EXO boys were coming out as well, relieved that the long and hated Monday was over.
 
"Bye oppas!!" A few girls called to them. 
 
"Bye!!" Some of the guys waved back while the others just kept walking.
 
"Wendy told me you were going out with Irene tonight." Kai said to Sehun as they walked to their cars. 
 
"Yeah. I'm taking her to a movie." Sehun said nonchalantly, his hands stuffed into his pant pockets. 
 
"A couple of the other guys told me you two were already dating." Xiumin chimed in as they all walked together, some in the front and some in the back. 
 
Sehun slightly furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. "The hell? I'm just taking her on one date. That doesn't mean we're a couple." 
 
"Apperently thats how it works with girls." Kai told him, shrugging his shoulders.
 
"Oh God no. Irene's hot, but she's the dumbest girl I've ever met. I would never actually date her." Sehun shuddered just at the thought. The guys all smirked at his statement as they reached their cars that were sitting in the parking lot. 
 
Luhan looked up and saw that the buses were pulling out of the lot, taking the students home. But his eyes shifted over to the black haired girl that was sprinting out of the school with her bookbag wide open and her books in her arms. 
 
Luhan smiled and looked over at Sehun. "What about her?" Sehun looked up and saw Jin Ae running as fast as she could to the buses. "Would you date Jin Ae?" 
 
"WAIT!!!" Jin Ae yelled to her bus that was already pulling out towards the road. "WAAAAAAIIIITTTTT!!!!" She yelled, but alas, it was gone and so was her only chance of getting home. Yoo Ri had to work late tonight so if Jin Ae stayed to wait for Yoo Ri to pick her up, she would be at the school until 9pm. 
 
Jin Ae slowed her pace and stood in the grass field of the school, her shoulders deflated. "That was my only ride though..." She slighly pouted. 
 
Sehun couldn't help but smile at her standing so lonely in the middle of the yard. "I'll see you guys tomorrow." He said, throwing his backpack into his car and beginning to walk over to Jin Ae. The other guys all got into their own cars and left as well. 
 
"Yah Grumpy Cat!" Sehun called out, his hands cupping his mouth to give it more volume. 
 
Jin Ae turned around, answering to the name. Her face grimaced when she saw Sehun walking towards her. "Of all people it had to be you." She grumbled to herself. 
 
"Looks like you need a ride." He said as he finally reached her. 
 
"Actually no, I'm an Angel of Death that has wings and can fly myself home. So you can take your sleazy and just go on home." Jin Ae so wanted to say that to him, but she kept it to herself. 
 
But he was sort of right. She did need a ride. Jin Ae couldn't risk anyone seeing her flying so she without that option, she was stranded. 
 
"I'll give you a ride." He said to her. Jin Ae's eyes lit up, but she tried to remain stoic. "If you give me a compliment." 
 
"This bastard." Jin Ae had to stop herself from throttling him. "You've got to be kidding me." She crossed her arms.
 
"Arasso...you'll get a good exercise walking home then." He shrugged and began to turn around.
 
Jin Ae's eyes grew wide. "Alright fine!" She stretched her arm out to his shoulder stopping him. As usual, the evil grin on his face was back. Jin Ae bit her lip and swallowed her pride down. "Sehun....uh....you're not as...um, hateful as I make you out to be in my head." She forced every will in her body to give him a sincere smile. 
 
Sehun turned around and blinked at her. "That...was so beautiful." He pretended to wipe away a tear. "Give me a second, I think I might have a lump in my throat now because of your kind and beautiful words Jin Ae." He sniffled and tapped his throat mockingly. 
 
Jin Ae rolled her eyes, something that she had been doing a lot ever since she met Sehun. "That's the best you're gonna get out of me." She sighed and grabbed his arm. "Let's go."
 
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
"So what did you do with the cat I won for you?" Sehun asked as he drove on the highway towards Jin Ae's house. 
 
"You mean the one in the game where you kicked the gun out of my hands and won with cheating?" She asked him sarcastically, raising an eyebrow at him. 
 
"Yeah that one." He said back with a playful smile on his face. 
 
"I burned it and spread the ashes over the Han River." She said bluntly without any sort of sarcasm or jokingness in her voice. 
 
"Yah do you worship demons or something? Why're your responses always so satanic and depressing?" He exclaimed to her. 
 
Jin Ae turned to him and blinked. "Me? Satanic? I'm a bundle of joy though." This time she said with obvious sarcasm. 
 
"Chincha." He shook his head at her, 
 
A growing smile was on Jin Ae's face that she tried hide as they drove. She had to admit, her little quarrels with Sehun could be entertaining sometimes. She was smiling when her eyes glanced down at his arm for a second. Her grin disapeared when she saw blue and black marks that were just peaking out of his arm sleeve. 
 
"Where do I turn?" Sehun asked, making Jin Ae jumped in her seat which he didn't notice. 
 
"Huh?" Her head shot up to him. 
 
He looked at her before reverting his attention back to the road. "You said take a turn at the grocery store, which turn?" He told her. 
 
"Oh, um, left." She said, clearing . "And then keep going until the end of the block." She told him, looking back at his bruises. Being an Angel of Death, Jin Ae had seen many cuts, bruises, gashes, torn limbs, you name it. So she knew when bruises were caused and let me tell you, the bruises on Sehun's arms were both fresh and stale.
 
She looked back up and forward, her mind distraught. She wondered where those marks could have come from. Sehun was annoying, but he didn't seem like the type to fight people. 
 
"Here we are." Sehun said as he pulled into the parking lot of a large apartment building. 
 
"Thanks." She said quietly and grabbed her bookbag. Jin Ae looked back at Sehun and saw tha the had his usual goofy grin on his face. She gazed deeper into his eyes and saw the slighest speck of darkness in his bright eyes. 
 
There was something wrong with Sehun, something terribly wrong that he hid from everyone. Something that he probably hasn't told anyone. Jin Ae wondered what it could be but didn't question him about it. 
 
"I'll see you tomorrow, Sehun ah." She said softly and got out of his car. 
 
Sehun stuck his head out of the window and waved to her. "Bye Grumpy Ca- Oh, I mean, Juliet!" He snickered. 
 
The pity she felt for him vanished and bitterness filled her again. "Go home, ." She rolled her eyes and walked into the building, leaving Sehun to his laughs. 
 
"Cute girl." He quietly said to himself with a chuckle as he rolled up the window and began backing out of the parking lot. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sehun walked through the halls of one of the most luxerious and expensive apartment buildings in all of South, Korea. Only the richest people in Seoul lived in this building. Which he was. Sehun was the son of Oh Tae Suk, CEO of the second Seoul Hospital. His father was one of the most powerful men in the city. Both in the human world, and the demon world. 
 
Sehun reached his apartment and took a deep breath in. He silently prayed his father wasn't home. Sehun punched in the code and slowly opened the door before going inside with light steps. He heard quiet mumbling from his fathers office which meant he was probably talking to one of his demon collegues. Sehun quietly took off his shoes by the door and walked with light steps towards the office which he had to pass to get to his room. Sehun gathered his courage and began walking passed. He glanced inside for a second and saw his father talking to a shadow demon. Shadow demons were demons that were shadows. They moved from place to place on almost any surface but were extremely dangerous. They could attack someone and somethings shadow and by attacking the shadow, they attacked the person or thing. 
 
"...And after you kill Leeteuk, make sure to bring Heechul back here." Tae Suk ordered the shadow demon. Sehun had heard about the problem of Leeteuk and Heechul. The two were an Angel duo that had killed almost 50 demons in the last two months. 
 
Tae Suk, being a high ranking demon, couldn't have that. 
 
The shadow demon nodded at his order and disapeared out of the window, swiflty moving from building to building in search of the wanted pair. 
 
"What do you want?" Tae Suk asked without even turning around to see Sehun. The latter slightly jumped in his spot. 
 
"Um, nothing." Sehun cleared his throat and began to walk to his own room. 
 
"Sehun, stop." His father ordered and stood up. Sehun automatically stopped in his spot and turned to face his father who was now standing in the hallway with him. "You remember the last warning I gave you right? If you ever pried into my business." Tae suk said subtly, but firmly. 
 
A lump formed in Sehun's throat. "Yes. I remember." He said quietly, not able to look his father in the eyes as he remembered the horrible incident. 
 
"Good. Just making sure." Tae Suk said stoically and went back into his office, closing the door behind him. Sehun let out a long sigh of relief when his father's door closed. 
 
Of course Sehun remembered his fathers warning from last time. He would never be able to forget since there was a permanent mark on his back that reminded him of it. 
 
Sehun's father seemed like a regular, strict CEO but he was so much more than that. Oh Tae Suk was pure evil. A few months ago when Tae Suk was at work, Sehun got a little curious and began to snoop through his father's office. Little did he know that Tae Suk was coming home earlier that day. Tae Suk found Sehun looking through his files and gave him a permanent mark that would remind him everyday of what kind of man he was. 
 
If Tae Suk was angry, he would take it out on Sehun, thus, the cause of the bruises on his arms. Jin Ae was right, somehting was wrong with Sehun. But never in a million years would she guess that this was it. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
hey guys! I hope you're liking the story so far but it's already the third chapter and there's only been one comment TT.TT (shoutout to unicorn98 for the commnet! haha) don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment chingu-yas! <3 ~sasha unnie