Hurricane Venus

Hate You (Jaesueobseo)

 

Despite the torture and fatal incidences, Minho wasn’t really dying. He was just suffering. Remember, he was a soul in here. Minho experienced falling from above once again and landing in a deserted place. Minho didn’t know himself how he could’ve survived all those torture. It wouldn’t have been the same if he were alive. Minho continued to fall from a dark space, red and black and managed to have landed on a sandy surface. The sandy surface was hot, making it hard for Minho to prod on. The heat, combined with his fatigue and injuries, slowed him down, making him plop on his face. Suddenly, a strong breeze blew through him, making him feel cold and rise. Minho rose and what was before him astonished him greatly.
 
“What the hell’s going on?” Minho wondered. The breeze that blew past him swirled into a small tornado. That tornado was silver in color and had flowers and leaves incorporated in its twirl. The tornado got weaker and weaker and a bright metallic light shone in front of him. Minho shielded himself with his forearm. 
 
“WHAT ARE YOU?! SHOW YOURSELF?!” he asked with a terrified voice. The silver light that was glowing before him slowly rose and began to take form of a woman. A woman’s body was starting to come out of the light. After a few minutes of shining, a woman came out. Minho was even more shocked upon seeing the face.
 
“Seohyun?” he asked, worried and scared. Seohyun’s angry face (which was still beautiful and tame by the way) looked down on him with pity and anger. Minho couldn’t move a muscle. He knew he was in deep trouble. 
 
“Choi Minho. Have you come to my kingdom to feel pain and sufferring?” asked the goddess. Minho couldn’t even open his mouth in fear. Her majestic presence petrified him.
 
“Seohyun! I-” 
 
“Silence.” she said calmly as she pointed her cane at him. Seohyun looked very regal and much like a goddess. Her dress was long and silver and she had around her forehead a pearl band. On her wrists were other metallic jewelries and her hair was huge and wavy. Seohyun looked like a Malay princess together with her cane that had an eyeball for a design. The eyball was all powerful, though. Whenever Seohyun touched or rubbed it, you know something evil was about to come. 
“You knew better than to mess with a woman. You have never felt a scorned woman’s wrath.” Seohyun spoke threateningly. Minho backed away from her but Seohyun used her cane and hit him with an electric lightning spark. Seohyun may look tame but when she got angry, all hell was about to break loose. Minho backed away from her but she chased him with her eyeball cane.
 
“You like playing games with girls, don’t you? Well I like playing with bad people, too.” Seohyun said. “I am Seo Joo Hyun, Goddess of Calamities.” 
 
“Seohyun! For whatever it’s worth. Please find it in your heart to forgive me…” Minho cried at her feet  but Seohyun just kicked his jaw.
 
“Now it’s your turn to feel the pain. Let’s see how you like being played with!” Minho gulped at the sound of this. He knew it wasn’t going to be as pretty as Seohyun’s face. He had to admit. Though Seohyun had a beautiful and demure face, her powers as a goddess were undeniable. She descended and landed on the hot sand, with nothing but the skin of her feet on. Minho wondered why she wasn’t feeling any pain then remembered that she was a goddess.
 
“Remember how you made me cry? How you didn’t care about me?” Seohyun teased, inching closer and closer to him, almost scratching his face off. When they were at least a few inches away from each other, Seohyun gave a wicked smirk and said, “Well now it’s my turn to play with you. It’s my turn not to care.” With a snap of her finger, a loud thunder came and striking lightning accompanied it. With that finger, she touched Minho’s shoulder and immediately he flew far back, feeling the electric shock. 
 
“I am the Goddess of Calamities. Mother Nature bows before me when I get angry!” Seohyun tightened her grip on her cane and planted it firmly on the ground, eliciting a shake from underneath. Minho tried to stand up but felt this shake and fell back down to the ground. He saw cracks forming on the roads, about to break it apart. 
 
“What are you talking about?” Minho asked perplexed. Seohyun returned a merciless stare.
 
“Earthquakes. Tornadoes. Tsunamis. You name it, I control it.” Seohyun said coldly. “And now, since you have done me wrong, I would like to destroy you.” Her smirk came and she toyed with the eyeball, making the earth shake even more. 
 
 
“What are you going to do to me?” asked Minho. Seohyun lifted her arms and the desert that was hot and sandy turned into a North-Pole like palce with blankets and blankets of snow. Minho wasn’t in winter gear so he felt the cold go past his skin and straight to his bones. He covered himself with his arms, freezing. To  make matters worse, Seohyun gave him instructions.
 
“I have a mission for you to accomplish. If you can get all 3 different colored pearls and return them to my lair.“ Seohyun said. Minho smiled confidently and arrogantly spoke up.
 
“Is that all you’ve got? Is that all? Psh. Please. I’ve been through harder.” Minho said cockily, not fearing the sweetest looking girl that he cheated on. His arrogance angered Seohyun but she decided to confront him and answer back in a subtle and sweet manner, one that would actually match her face.
 
“I like arrogant people.” Seohyun smiled, her silver dress glowing in the snow. “They challenge me to give them harder obstacles.” 
 
“Bring it on!” Minho fought on while fighting the cold.
 
“Well then. Your quest for the pearls won’t be that easy though.” Seohyun saw the frown come on Minho’s face, a sign of wavering confidence. “You will face several calamities while doing so and you’re going to have to make your way out of them.” Seohyun smiled. Minho looked at her with a confused face and begged for her not to go but the mighty disaster goddess disappeared, leaving him to face the challenges alone.
 
In the blistering cold.
 
[song: Hurricane Venus by BoA]
 
The snowy atmosphere got worse and worse with a snowstorm blowing Minho’s way. He had to find the Pearl through all this snowy mess. Walking through thick bushels of snow amidst a cold wind was hard and Minho had to do some digging. Seohyun wasn’t going to let him off that easily, though. She had some plans up her sleeve. 
 
“You don’t get off easily, bad boy. Not on my watch.” Seohyun said. Seohyun was the Goddess of Calamities and Disasters and one of her powers was telekinesis or the ability to make things move with the mind. Seohyun was a calm person who enjoyed inner peace instead of personal conflicts. In the safety and security of her throne which was also silver, she closed her eyes and let her telekinesis work its magic on Minho.
 
After hours and hours of digging, Minho still hadn’t found the Pearl. To make matters worse, Minho found himself being hoisted up in the air and had his body straightened out. Frozen, the best term. Minho found it hard to lift even a pinky. Seohyun looked at him and gritted her teeth in anger. Just the mere sight of him was enough to get her angry. 
 
“SEOHYUN! WHAT IS THIS?!?! PUT ME DOWN, PLEASE!” Seohyun smiled and said from above,
 
“As you wish.” Seohyun harshly set him down, burying him completely in snow. Minho wasn’t in his protective gear so he shivered and tried to claw his way out of the snow. Seohyun used her telekinesis to make an avalanche fall over Minho and bury him alive. Surely the think blankets of snow were enough to suffocate him. 
 
“Hell hath no fury than that of a scorned woman.” Seohyun uttered with her eyes closed. Like the previous goddesses, Seohyun had her own set of guards. She called them the Metal Devils. They were like medivial gods clad in metal gears with metal guns and metal bayonets. They moved stiffly and slowly but were very deadly in battle and great in weapon usage. Since Seohyun wasn’t one to get her hands dirty with blood in battle, she often had them by her side. While they used their brawn, she used her brain. 
 
Her telekinetic brain.
 
After clawing in the deep, cold caves of snow, Minho found a red light shining somewhere in the core of all this snow. He wanted to get a better look so he bent down and clawed his way until the hole got bigger and he saw what he wanted to see.
 
At last! The Red Pearl! The first of the Four Pearls that Goddess Seohyun wanted him to collect. He had one problem, though. He didn’t know how he was going to get out. Minho clutched the Pearl tightly in his arm, its red glow shining from underneath. Minho struggled to get out, pushing bushel after bushel, blanket after blanket until his head poked out of the snow and he pulled himself out. 
 
“! GODDAMMIT IT’S SO ING COLD!” he screamed out loud. Seohyun smirked and laughed at him.
 
“You poor boy! Look at you! All cold and haggard, begging for warmth! Well if it’s warmth you want, it’s warmth you’ll get!” Seohyun placed a palm on her eyeball and a great earthshake came. Away melted the snow and the surface that Minho was on transformed into a desert. A dry, hot desert. Even the winds that were once cold were now so hot. The lands began to crack open, making it hard for Minho to walk. There were no cars nor camels this time for him to ride on and that meant long, hard walking in the cruel desert sun.
 
When you walk in a hot place, it’s given that you will experience fatigue and with fatigue comes thirst. When you’re thirsty, you tend to have these mirages or the imagining of an oasis or ponds in the desert. Travellers often get this but in Minho’s case, as a cast away in Hell, he got a lot and was fooled by a lot. 
 
“What the? Is that water?!” Minho said excitedly. His energy level went a world up as he dashed to the oasis that he thought was there, waiting to dive in it and feel the cool water on his body, splash it around and drink some of it. Letting his eyes fool him, Minho ran towards the “oasis” and jumped right in, landing on the hot, cracked ground. 
 
“ IT!” Minho yelled. Seohyun heard his yelps and decided to worsen his punishment. She gathered all the elements of disaster she had and combined it to make one harsh sandstorm. The sandstorm wasn’t just any other sandstorm. It was like a sand tsunami with a sand tornado! The sands made waves, sweeping Minho away and making it hard for him to see or move. Each time he tried to get up, a great wave would bury him in sand, making him swallow some and choke. 
 
“Well if this is gonna tackle me like the waves, I’m gonna tackle it like water!” Minho said boastfully and dove down, swimming through the sand. It was much harder and rougher than water of course. Seohyun saw his progress and summoned all her energy and lifted her hands up slowly in the air.  This motion created a giant wave of sand and dust that was ready to crash in on him and bury him alive. It was just like the avalanche only hotter and rougher. Minho held his breath and dove deeper, not willing to give up on the 2nd pearl. Though it was hard on his beautiful skin and tough on his hair, Minho sacrificed all vanities for his life and redemption from Hell. He swam down the sandy sea and when he saw a whirlpool, he knew he had to dive into it.
 
I’m guessing the Pearl’s down here! Minho thought. He held his breath and dove down the raging whirlpool, allowing himself to get in. Though the force of this sea of sand was strong, Minho’s will was even stronger. He swam deeper and deeper until he got a hold of the Orange Pearl. 
 
It’s so beautiful. he said. It was indeed a marvelous piece of creation. The glow was so orange and bright that it nearly blinded Minho who was trying in vain to keep his eyes open though sand was getting into them. He squeezed the Pearl hard enough for it to shake and release its majestic light. The Pearl had the powers to lift Minho up from the waves, saving him from being eaten up by the desert whirlpool. It wasn’t soon before long, Minho was flying in the air with the Pearl in his hand. The Pearl was indeed very powerful. Minho landed on his feet, sandy, dirty, wounded, teary-eyed and choking on dust. Despite all this, he was able to get 2 pearls and had only 1 left.
 
“You are a skilled man, Minho. I must say. With that built of yours, almost anything is possible.” Seohyun said. “But I’m not done with you. You have two more pearls to get.” Seohyun’s wrath was once again manifested. She changed the place, turning it from desert to deserted island. Minho saw the sand slowly fading away, turning into pure white sand. There was real water and there were palm trees everywhere. Basically what was a hellish Sahara transformed into a tropical paradise. Minho wanted to sit back and relax but couldn’t, knowing that this was a challenge.
 
“Now you’re sending me to paradise? You are one crazy lady!” he exclaimed loudly, angering Seohyun. 
 
“Do not flaunt your arrogance in my presence, you dimwitted little boy!” she growled. Who would’ve thought that a girl with a face as innocent as that could growl? Seohyun watched from her tower and toyed with the eyeball, firmly planting her cane on the ground. The earth beneath Minho shook and the waters of the beach resided. 
 
“What’s going on?” Minho asked, terrified. Seohyun cackled loudly, over and over again at his ignorance and stupidity.
 
“Let me introduce you to my friend, Minho.” she said slyly. “Meet the tsunami!” Seohyun pointed her cane at the oceans and down came the gigantic waves. 
 
“WOAH! WOAH! WHAT THE FU-” Minho didn’t even have enough time to speak up as the giant waves fell upon him, sweeping him and the trees away. Minho hit so many things, back and forth. Nothing could compare to the pain that he was feeling as his back and bones were breaking because of the gravity of the waves as well as the solid objects that he bumped against. 
“Find the pearl, redeem yourself.” Seohyun challenged. Minho rose to that challenge, though. He remembered that he was an excellent swimmer and swam his way through the waves. The sea was very salty, thus making his eyes sting when he opened them. Minho beared with the painful sensation the salt brought to his eyes all for the sake of finding that Pearl. 
 
Each time Seohyun noticed progress, she made it harder and harder for him. To make matter worse, as if being stuck in the middle of a tsunami wasn’t difficult enough, Seohyun incorporated a monster tornado with killer winds. The tornado made its way to the tsunami, doubling the danger for Minho. While swimming and riding the waves, Minho felt himself being into another whirlpool, only to realize that the tornado Seohyun sent was slurping him up.
 
I have to fight this! I must fight this! Minho said. Not giving up, he swam against the tornado and found a giant clam. That giant clam held the third and final pearl and Minho had to find a way to get the clam to open up.
 
“Be careful with that clam!” spoke Seohyun. It was amazing how clear her voice was from above considering the fact that he was so deep in the ocean, together with the raging tornado. The daring Minho went near the clam which opened its jaws wide enough to swallow him. Minho backed away and when the clam had its mouth open, he saw the shiny blue pearl that was resting on the clam’s tongue.
 
Oh no you don’t! You don’t get in the way of my ing freedom, you son of a ! I’mma tackle you like a man! Minho cheered himself on in his mind and swam towards the giant clam. With his strong fists and his pure will, he wrestled the clam which was dying to get a bite of his skin. The clam opened its jaws, hoping to get a hol of his arm or leg and bite it off but Minho kicked its lips and gave it one strong kick. Seeing a rock amongst the waters, he dove for it hoping to use it on the clam. He swam quickly to it and just when he was about to grab it, a huge wave came and washed it away. 
 
No matter! There’s another rock here! Minho thought. He quickly dove for that rock and reached for it, praying that the tsunami would be delayed. Using this rock, he floated before the clam, waiting for it to make its move. The clam charged at him and wasting no time, Minho smashed it into pieces with the rock. The Blue Pearl floated freely in the waters. 
 
 
“Don’t forget the Pearl, boy!” Seohyun reminded. Minho saw the Pearl floating and swam for it. Even before the tornado could it or the tsunami could sweep it, Minho grabbed it and with all three pearls in hand, he emerged from the waters and everything calmed down. Minho landed on the sand and felt a glow come over him. 
 
Minho was gaining powers. He was becoming powerful. He felt complete.
 
Seohyun saw his progress and ordered her Silver Devils to stay in her palace.
 
“Stay here. I have a personal war to wage.” Seohyun stood up from her metallic throne and dashed down her watchtower palace, the long silver dress trailing. She saw Minho relaxing on the sand, looking all powerful and mighty once again. Arrogance was about to  overcome him.
 
“WHAT?! WHERE ARE YOU NOW, SEOHYUN!? YOUR DISASTERS AIN’T NO MATCH FOR ME!” he arrogantly said. Seohyun heard this and from where she was, she faded.
 
Faded.
 
While Minho was having a mini celebration because he was so sure he was going to be saved and redeemed, darkness reigned over. The clouds turned gray and once again, thunder and lightning were seen and heard.
 
“Your challenge is not over yet.” Seohyun appeared before him, glowing and looking angrier than ever. “You have not surpassed me yet! If you can surpass my powers using the powers the pearls gave you, then you are free to wake up.” Minho dropped the pearls and looked startled at her. He wanted to run away from her wrath. 
 
And he did.
 
“ it I’m out of here!” Minho ran away but Seohyun pointed a finger at him, striking him with lightning. A deep gash was formed on Minho’s ankle. The gash was small but very much paralyzing. 
 
 
“AGH!” Seohyun descended from the heavens and set foot on the sand. 
 
“You shall pay for what you did. You shall pay dearly!” Seohyun put her hands together and summoned all the powers of the weather. Minho knew that the pearls would be able to give him some kind of power so he prepared himself though he wasn’t quite sure how to use them. 
 
Gray smoke began to enshroud Seohyun, coiling around her body. The thunder got louder, the lightning even brighter. Water began to subside. Sands began to swirl under his feet, the heat growing from beneath. A battle of temperatures was about to happen when a snow storm was coming. 
 
“Electronic manic supersonic bionic energy.” Seohyun chanted. She flashed her palm, unleashing all her powers. Minho used the powers he had acquired from the pearls in order to battle the Goddess of Calamities. There were rays of red, blue, and orange but they were still no match for Seohyun. 
 
“BE DEFEATED NOW, PLEASE!” Minho screamed as his powers were starting to wear off. Seohyun on the other hand was so powerful that she just couldn’t stop it.
 
“Winning was never your thing. You were always a loser.” Seohyun said as she forced her powers on him. With outstretched arms, she performed the final act of combining all these disasters to eat Minho up and finish him for good. Minho put his hands down in fatigue.
 
“Electronic  manic supersonic bionic energy.” 
 
All the disasters came together and ate Minho up at the command of the goddess. She waved her arms around and at the end of the monster disaster, all that was left was a bone from his thigh.
 
Seo Joo Hyun. The Goddess of Calamities.