Choi Minho

Hate You (Jaesueobseo)

 

There’s always that one that comes in our lives and s it up. Every girl has an in her life or even had. That could be a friend, a sibling, a school rival, or a teacher. But the most common case is a boyfriend. An ex-boyfriend. A lying, cheating ex-boyfriend. Boys are polygamous, that’s a known fact.  Loyal guys should be counted as endangered species as there are only like what? 5 of them left in the world? The rest are just s! s. I’ve been using this term since the start of the sentence. Why? Is it because you think I can relate? Is it because you know something about me? Or is it because you know that it’s true. I would say that the last one is what’s right. It is true. Boys are s. Most of them.
 
Of course, every that comes into your life deserves your hate but not all are worth the thought of murder. I’m  not promoting killing here or anything. I’m a people loving person and all (I’m nice, seriously!) but when it comes to s, you just gotta save that killing thought. You just gotta have it! 
 
Alright enough with my personal insights. Let’s get down to business. When you have a boyfriend and he cheats on you, how would  you feel? If you found out that your boyfriend had another woman, how would you feel? I’m sure you’d feel hurt, right? Well knowing that your boyfriend is cheating on you with another woman is hurtful enough. But what more finding out that your boyfriend has 8 other women, rotating them every single day like they were meals! That’s just not acceptable. 
 
This is a very unique case. But it was the case of Choi Minho. You see, to make the long story short, Choi Minho was a local playboy who often hung out in clubs and bars just to pick women up. And why ever not? Minho was handsome and had the built of a bodybuilder. He was talented and intersting, not to mention intelligent! You would easily say that Minho was perfect. Why not? He knew how to treat a lady. He was gentlemanly in every way, which is why women fell for him so quickly. When it came to women, Minho just knew he had to come first. And he always did. 
 
At the time, Minho was dating Tiffany Hwang. Tiffany Hwang was your typical girl who wasn’t that pretty but was a pretty intersting person. People actually had no idea what Siwon saw in Tiffany because Tiffany to them was like plainest, most ordinary girl around. Nonetheless, Siwon loved her as so he said and Tiffany couldn’t be any more proud. Imagine, your hunk boyfriend loves you though you’re a geek and nobody cares about you. Despite other people telling him to break up with you but he doesn’t want to because he really loves you. Kinda makes you want to believe it, huh?
 
That’s where Tiffany went wrong. She fell too hard for Minho that she bought every single line that he said. All the more bought it when Minhoshowered her with presents and showed her off to the world. Tiffany knew for sure that it was love! Though Minho would act mysterious and lacked initiative at times, Tiffany looked past these and knew that Siwon was the one she would spend her life with. In short, she was blinded by his deceiving spell.
 
What she didn’t know was that all this time, Minho had just been fooling her. Did she ever think that Minho someone like Minhowould love someone so plain like Tiffany? Well, she did. And Minho had her fooled pretty well. What Tiffany didn’t know was that Minho had another, yes, another girlfriend in the person of Taeyeon. 
 
“Minho! Let’s hang out this Saturday!” Tiffany invited him sweetly once. Minho acted all giddy and flappy, pretending that what Tiffany said made him feel butterflies whereas all of it was fake.Minho put an arm around Tiffany and gave hre a sad face. Tiffany knew what this face meant.
 
“I’m sorry Tiffany but I have family affairs to take care of this Saturday.” Minho creatively lied. It wasn’t really creative because it was common and he had used this time and time again but time and time again, Tiffany bought it. 
 
“Oh.” she said with a sad face. “Okay. Maybe we can hang out next time.” she said with an optimistic grin. Minho just smiled and shrugged, hugging her tightly. Tiffany felt butterflies. Minho faked them.
 
“Don’t worry, I’ll make time for you next time.” Minho kissed her on the cheek and left.
 
Next time, next time, next time. This was all Minho knew. All he would tell her whenever she asked him to hang out and spend time with her. Minho never asked her or made plans to go out with her. All he did was be cuddly, tell her sweet words that came from the nose and give her gifts. 
 
Truth was, Minho had another girlfriend. One he was paying more attention to. That person, as mentioned, was Kim Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon lived far away from Minho, quite farther than Tiffany. Taeyeon was from Busan and Minho and Tiffany lived in Seoul yet Minho exerted extra effort to meet up with Taeyeon who was far whereas the nearer Tiffany was just taken for granted.
 
When Tiffany left, Minho pulled his phone out and began texting. He was texting his other woman Taeyeon.
 
‘TAEYEON, CALL ME’ he texted. A few minutes later, his phone started vibrating and he quickly picked it up.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hi Minho.” Taeyeon said with a flirty voice. “How have you been?”
 
“I’m good. Listen, I’m pretty free this weekend and I was thinking maybe you and I could, you know, meet up?”
 
“I’d love that!” Taeyeon said excitedly. “But where?” Minho scratched the back of his neck and said.
 
“I don’t know. My house maybe?” he chuckled.
 
“Alright. I’ll see you. Bye!” Taeyeon hung up and so did Minho. He kept his phone and made his way home.
 
Home?
 
For all we know Minho had several other women, most of those women were women he met at conventions, parties, gyms, and other places of interests. One of Minho’s hobbies was picking women up and flirting with them whenever an opportunity to do so presented itself. The man whom you thought would make the perfect boyfriend was actually a devil in disguise. Who knew he could be this bad?! 
 
Taeyeon? His girlfriend? Says who?!? Minho’s party friends knew that he was dating Soo Young. His church friends knew he was dating Jessica. And most importantly, his old friends know that he’s dating Taeyeon. But nobody knows that he’s dating Tiffany. Not a single soul. It was top secret. Nobody was supposed to know about it.
 
Facebook. We all know the power of Facebook, right? You go on Facebook, you see all kinds of . This is true, especially for those who religiously visit this social networking site. Minho was a huge fan of Facebook and updated his status almost all the time, each time he logged in. Maybe he was doing that to prove to other people that he had a life. Well, he did. And as usual, being the playboy he was, Minho had a girlfriend on Facebook in the person of Sunny. 
 
I got a girl in Paris, I got a girl in Rome, I even got a girl in the Vatican Dome. I got a girl right here, I got a girl right there. And I got a girlfriend everywhere!
 
This is the song that best suited Minho. He indeed had a girlfriend everywhere. Busan, Church, Bars, Facebook, Text, in secret. Thing was, Minho seemed to be in some sort of contest with himself, trying to figure out if he could have 9 girlfriends and manage them all at the same time and so far, he was doing a damn good job! Managing to fool the girls into thinking that he was really in love with them and they were the only girls in his life. And the funny part of it was, none of the girls knew each other. 
 
 
Facebook. A powerful tool. Twitter. An equally powerful tool. Social networking. A great life er.
 
Sunny Lee was Minho’s girlfriend on Facebook. Siwon and Taeyeon were friends on Facebook so they conversed regularly. Same with the other girls. Minho’s notifications were filled by girls and so was his wall. The other girlfriends thought that it was just his friends or relatives, especially Soo Young who shared a surname with him so none of them made a big deal out of it. The only girl that didn’t get any attention from Minho on Facebook or through text was Tiffany. As I’ve said, she was the invisible, taken-for-granted girlfriend.
 
Until one particular post…
 
“Hey Taeyeon, I miss you so much. I’ll see you when you come back. I love you.” 
 
I. Love. You.
 
Those three words hit his other girlfriends (especially the emotional basket case Tiffany) hard. It made them lose trust in him and one by one, they started sending him hate messages on Facebook and calling and texting him. Minho was so confused as he didn’t know what to do next. The girls were breaking up with him one by one. 
 
“You are a dickhead! Rot in hell!” 
 
-Choi Soo Young.
 
“I thought you were true!!!?!? How could you do this?!!”
 
-Kim Taeyeon.
 
“Those pictures?! You and that girl?! I thought we were official!!”
 
-Jessica Jung.
 
“Who is this Sunny Lee?!?”
 
-Im Yoona.
 
“I saw your pictures on Facebook, you womanizing prick! Don’t think for one second that I’m just going to let it slide! I knew something was up! She couldn’t just possibly be your friend! Too many conversations?! With ‘I miss you’s’ and all?!”
 
-Sunny Lee
 
“No wonder you’ve been acting so mysteriously lately. You’ve been cheating on me!”
 
-Seo Joo Hyun.
 
“When were these taken? Was this during the day you canceled our date?!”
 
-Kim HyoYeon.
 
“My friends were right about you! You’re an !”
 
-Kwon Yuri.
 
Imagine how hard this was for Minho! It wasn’t hard in the sense that he had to go through 8 different heartbreaks. It was hard because he had to respond to calls, texts, meet these girls up in person. And the hardest part was that they wanted to meet him at the same time. Right now! How could Minho possibly divide himself into 8 parts? Sensing that he was already busted, he decided to tell them all the truth as this was the only thing that would ease his mind and set him free.
 
“Ladies, I’m sorry to tell you this. I know it’s my fault but I dated all you girls at the same time. I hope you forgive me for this. I am heartily sorry for hurting your feelings.” Minho apologized. He apologized because he was caught, not because he meant it. 
 
Then he remembered something.
 
“Tiffany Hwang!” Just when he thought all hope of having a girl was lost, in came Tiffany Hwang in his mind. He knew that clingy Tiffany would never leave him because she would lose her popularity as well. Tiffany had always wanted to have a boyfriend and she would do anything to keep this one guy that asked her out. Minho on the other hand was never the serious type and was willing to keep this plain Jane for the sake of his status. Anyways, he knew that Tiffany was going to accept him flaws and all as she was always this way.
 
He thought.
 
Tiffany was in her room when she received a phone call from him. Tiffany’s heart jumped but she kept her composure as she knew exactly what to say.
 
“I know what you did. I saw it all.” Tiffany said without waiting for Minho to say hello.
 
“Wha-what?” Minho’s heart sank upon hearing this.
 
“You heard me right. I knew it. I ing knew it. After all of the things I’ve done for you. After I kept you despite my friends telling me not to. After me doing all I could do for you, you do this to me?! How dare you. You are an ungrateful bastard, Choi Minho.”
 
“Tiffany-”
 
“I don’t care if it’s 10 o ing clock. I want you to come here right now because I have some words for you.”
 
“Please say it right now.”
 
“I’d rather do it in person. After all, I’m not a lowlife like you.” Tiffany Hwang hung up on Minho, gathering all her courage this time. Minho, not wanting to lose his status, decided to visit Tiffany.
 
But where? 
 
Minho didn’t know Tiffany’s house. That’s how little he cared about her. He never even cared to know where she lived. He sent her a message asking for her address. Tiffany replied harshly.
 
“If you can’t find my house, then I think you should know what’s up by now. I’m not taking your anymore.” Tiffany threw her phone on the bed and left Minho to figure out what the hell was wrong.
 
Tiffany was a young genius writer. And she was also a young genius though not in the context of relationships. So what did Tiffany do? Not exactly the smartest but it was sort of clever, emotionally wise, especially if you’re a scorned person. Tiffany went on Facebook and did what her work. She visited Minho’s profile and added all of his girlfriends, knowing that they too were hurt upon finding out the real Minho. After they all had accepted her request, she tagged them in a post.
 
“Ladies, I know we’ve been hurt. We need to meet up and talk. I need your numbers.” 
 
At first, it felt weird for the other girls, especially since it came from someone who was supposed to hate them for this. But no. Tiffany was smart enough to know that the problem here wasn’t the girls. It was Minho. Minho needed to get his kicked and his act straightened out. And that’s exactly what the girls were going to do.
 
The following day, the girls all met up at Tiffany’s house. Yes, Tiffany gave her full address to the girls. They all flocked to Tiffany’s house but before she could even let them in, she had to introduce herself. There they were, all pretty, all angry, all hungry for revenge.
 
“Hey girls. I’m Tiffany Hwang. I’m the organizer of this . I don’t know most of you yet but what I do know is that we have something in common. We all hate Minho. We all hate what he did and we think that he should suffer for the crap he put us through. Now before I start attracting attention, let us go inside.” Tiffany invited the then-strangers to her house. The girls entered one by one, anxious of the plot Tiffany had in store. Some sat on the couch while the others sat on the floor. Tiffany was on the couch in between Soo Young and Seohyun.
 
“I want you to introduce yourselves and tell  me why you think Choi Minho should die. Yes, this is like the movie. No, not in that way. Just tell me who you are and why he should die.”
 
“I’m Jessica Jung.” said the blonde-haired girl with a cold expression on her face. “Minho and I met in church and I thought he was the nicest guy that ever existed on the face of the Earth. I started noticing how he stopped texting and refused to let me see his phone. I read on Facebook then this.” Tiffany nodded. 
 
“I’m Kwon Yuri.” spoke the girl with long, jet black hair and a pretty oval shaped face. “I met Minho at this gathering for dancers as he loved to dance. We danced a lot and we took it to the bar. He courted me and bam after a few days we were a couple. But I noticed he began using his phone often, making calls.” 
 
“I’m Sunny Lee.” spoke the short, chubby girl with a cute nose. “Minho and I met on Facebook and had gone out in person. He was presentable and nice but very shady and secretive.”
 
“I’m Kim Hyoyeon.” spoke the exotic-looking girl. “We met at a club. We got down. We got together. He talked about me behind my back, saying how I was so easy and he was just using me and dating another chick and all. My blood boiled when I read that.” Tiffany nodded her head with a serious look on her face. She understood their sentiments and knew how they were feeling. 
 
“My name is Kim Taeyeon.” spoke the cute girl with curls. “We met in Busan. I don’t know how but he said we went to high school together. I remembered him and we went out. I didn’t know he was dating another girl behind my back. I found out when I saw flowers addressed to someone named ‘Seo Joo Hyun.’” 
 
“Okaayyy.” Tiffany exhaled and looked at the other girls. “Next?”
 
“I’m Seo Joo Hyun.” said the demure and shy looking girl with long, flowing brown hair. “Minho and I met at a different church. It was more like a Bible class. We both enjoyed Bible class and church service but then he showed another side of him that I didn’t know. One day he just started acting cold and such. It hurt me. Then I found out about this Facebook thing.” 
 
“Choi Soo Young.” said the tall, short haired girl with an angry face. “We met at church, too but a different church. Siwon goes to all sorts of churches in Korea in search for either salvation or something else.” Soo Young stopped talking there. 
 
“Care to tell us-”
 
“Same reason. Dickhead.” Soo Young spat. Tiffany was intimidated by her blunt and tough attitude.
 
Finally, they were down to the second to the last girl. 
 
“Im Yoon Ah.” said the thin girl with an oval face. “Minho and I met at a party. We have a lot of common friends and they  kept on pairing us. A few days later we started going out. I noticed that he always had his phone with him and was very protective of it. Same with his social networking accounts. Once he left his phone and his Facebook logged in so I looked into it a bit. True enough, he had like, what? 5 girls 8 girls?” Tiffany nodded her head. 
 
“We’d like to hear your story. Why are you so passionate about this?” Jessica said.
 
“Yeah. It’s like you’re an anti-Siwon activist here.” Yuri agreed.
 
“Cause mine’s the worst.” Tiffany revealed. “You girls are lucky he contacted you and met with you often. Me? He never gave a about me. Never called. Never texted. Never made mention of me on Facebook. Hell, he doesn’t even know where I live! We’ve been friends since high school and yeah you get how that works. But still.” The girls felt hurt for Tiffany. The usually headstrong writer started to show signs of weakness. Her voice was growing weaker and tears started to fall from her eyes. 
 
“Are you okay?” Soo Young and Seohyun comforted her. Tiffany wiped the tears and nodded her head. 
 
“Yeah. I can go on.” Tiffany sniffed. “Alright. So he didn’t give a about me and used me as something to up his status even more. To prove to everyone that he was indeed a playboy. He did prove it. But he’s gonna get his kicked.”
 
“We’re with you.” Sunny said.
 
“We feel your pain, dear.” The girls, though they had just met, all embraced Tiffany to give her some comfort.
 
“Thanks girls.” Tiffany wiped the tears. “I feel loved again. Though we don’t know each other that well yet, we are united by a common cause.”
 
“Common cause. Right.” Hyoyeon embraced Tiffany who cried on her shoulder while being tapped and hugged by the other girls. 
 
“So what exactly is the master plan?” Yuri asked. The girls pulled away and allowed Tiffany to speak.
 
“We’re gonna send Minho to a world so cruel he’s gonna regret being alive.” Tiffany said, vengeance showing in her eyes. The girls cheered on, loving the plan.
 
“So what is it?” asked Soo Young.
 
“Sounds funny and unbelieveable but I’m a master of spells and . You girls might not believe it but it’s true. I’m going to send Minho to hell and let him experience torture. I’m going to make him repent.” the plan was diabolical but good. The girls giggled and squealed.
 
“How are you going to do that?” asked Sunny.
 
“Watch me.” Tiffany smirked and raised an eyebrow. This meant that something evil was up.