Hate You

Hate You (Jaesueobseo)

 

[a/n: I’m sure you guys have seen the teaser pictures for SNSD’s brand new single “The Boys”. So you’ll get an idea on what they look like.]

 

            Minho landed face first on the grounds of the first layer of Hell. The set up of the first layer was like an abandoned, dystopic town which looked as if it was the victim of a riot and a great fire. The set up was much like a city, only in ruins. Buildings were either burnt or on fire and a great deal of people were being tortured. Bodies hanging from leave-less trees, skinned bodies burning on the ground. Everything was scary. Minho got up and saw all this, which made him pinch himself continuously. Nope, he wasn’t dreaming. It was real! Minho actually did go to hell alive. But he could swear he was lying in bed earlier.

 

            “Is this real or what?” he asked himself. He saw more and more souls being punished, burnt and tortured. Some were placed on racks and stretched until their bodies split into two. Minho ran and ran far away from this place and stopped in his tracks upon the encounter of a bright white light.

 

            Could this be the sign of salvation? Minho asked himself. What seemed to be holy light descending from the heavens turned out to be just another one of Hell’s deceiving apparitons. Minho saw a white object floating before him and a thousand doves being released from behind.

 

            Was this an angel?

 

            The light slowly faded, allowing Minho to see the face more clearly. To his great surprise, it was Jessica Jung! One of the girls that he fooled around with. Jessica was clad in all-white with a dove in her hand, looking angelic and peaceful. What was she doing in a place like Hell?

 

            “Jessica? Jessica, please! Get me out of here!” Minho ran to her, mistaking her for an angel. Jessica released the dove in her hand but it didn’t fly away unlike most doves. The dove slowly transformed into a sword and shield of hard steel. Minho felt intimidated as he didn’t know what was going on. Was Jessica there to defend him or was she there to destroy him.

 

[song: “Hate You” by 2NE1]

 

            A great wind blew. Sand and dust made the wind appear visible. Thunder and lightning roared. Jessica was armed and ready with her armory from the dove. Minho had no weapons and didn’t know what to do. Jessica gallantly stood before him with her weapons in hand. She cluthced them tightly and closed her eyes, breathing the warm Hellish air in. A thousand doves suddenly came flying from behind Jessica and magically turned into white devils. Yes, you read it right, white devils. The environment changed into a maze, kind of like a labyrinth with a guard in each stop. Minho was separated from Jessica by the huge maze but despite the distance, Minho could still hear Jessica’s voice which echoed loudly. It seemed as though Hell had this cental microphone that made everyone’s voice echo.

 

            “Choi Minho! You have to pay for your sins! In order to do that, you must make your way through the labyrinth. Nobody has ever made it past the labyrinth. All you have to do is find your way through this maze, get the crown of salvation, slay the Gunterlog and defeat me in battle. Only then can you go home. But if you fail to do so, you sink another level deeper into the pits of Inferno!” Jessica cackled. Minho had no idea where she was and didn’t have the courage to speak out loud so what he did was just follow. A loud bang came from above, signaling that it was time to start the maze.

 

            “How the hell do I navigate through this?!” asked a confused Minho. He saw that almost all the corners of the maze were the same. Each had a guard ready to torture him upon passing. Minho had no choice. He wanted to go back home so he made the first move by entering this particular alley. He went straight and quiet until a guard saw him and moved forward for the attack. He seized Minho with his sword and Minho did a very bad job at avoiding him, getting stabbed in the arm and leg several times.

 

            Jessica sat at the finish line of the labyrinth on her white throne guarded by two white devils. Her legs were crossed and her sword and shield were by her side. Jessica was always ready for battle and when she saw that Minho was somehow making some progress, she snapped her fingers and released the white bats. The white bats were creatures of her realm that fed on not just the blood but the flesh and bones of the human. Minho made it past the guard wounded but was attacked by the the white bats. He pranced and ran around like a little girl.

 

            “GO AWAY! GET THESE OFF ME!” yelled Minho. The bats attacked him and bit him everywhere. And I mean everywhere! His face, his arms, his legs. Minho was being turned into practically a snack by the white bats. Refusing to give up, a wounded Minho ran away and exited the first alley. The second alley was a totally different dimension. This one was darker than the previous one with creatures unknown swarming. There were 3-headed snakes, 5 tailed lions, and 4 tongued hyenas. They were all devils, Minho knew. What he didn’t know was how to slay them. A white devil appeared infront of the beasts, commanding them to charge at Minho. A black smoke appeared beside the notorious playboy and took the form of a sword. Since Minho knew nothing about sword fights, he just did what he saw in movies-swish them about. Minho was first attacked by the 3 headed snakes. The 3-headed snakes spewed green, viscuous venom that was 10x the stickiness of glue. Unlike glue, this venom could actually rip a person’s skin off. Minho clutched the sword with both hands, preparing to slice the heads off or stab their backs or something. The first freak snake wrapped itself around Minho’s legs, paralyzing him and preventing him from moving. It was a huge struggle for Minho but he still had his hands. He could still dice the snakes with the sword, right?

 

            5 tailed lions and 4 tongued hyenas took the opportunity to lunge at him and tear his flesh off. Minho let go of the sword and allowed the lions and hyenas to bite him and claw at him. The snakes released him and joined the other freaks in attacking the poor casanovan. They ripped his clothes and some of his flesh, leaving him to bleed. Minho mustered all his strength and got up, continuing the labyrinth.

 

            It wasn’t soon before long, Minho realized that he was tired, wounded, and lost. The labyrinth was so big that he had no idea where to turn to anymore. He was so tired of being lunged at and thrown around, beaten. Minho decided to get up and fight the evil that was behind this. Mustering all of his strength along with the power of will, Minho tried to find his way out of the labyrinth and into the brains of whoever created this monster.

 

            Jessica noticed that Minho was getting closer and closer through her crystal ball. She asked one of her White Devils to hold the crystal ball as she readied herself for battle.

 

            “I have business to take care of.” Jessica drew her sword and grabbed her shield. In the bushy and beast-infested maze she charged alone, her long white dress trailing behind her. The sword and shield gleamed in all their splendor. Jessica was really ready for battle as of now.

 

            Minho was still struggling with the maze. Everywhere he turned, torture presented itself to him. He made a right turn and immediately, thorny rose stems reached out to tie him down. As Minho was lying down and looking up, more than a thousand white butterflies fluttering above him. At first, Miho saw no intimidation but when the thorns came off and he stood up, the butterflies swarmed around him like bees, giving off a noxious odor that nearly knocked him out. Minho covered his nose and fought his way out of the butterfly trap, hurriedly making a right turn. When he had already made a turn, that’s when he realized that he had forgotten something.

 

            “The sword!” he gasped. If he had to retrace his steps, creatures of epic and deadly proportions would come. Still, he braved the maze and retraced his steps, going back to the alley where he dropped the sword. When Minho reached this alley, he found his sword lying on the ground and quickly dove for it but he was too late! Minho fell flat on his face as the sword turned into dust. A look of despair and desperation came on his face.

 

            “Whatever you have left, you cannot come back for anymore.” Echoed Jessica’s goddess-like voice. Minho struggled to get on his feet, after all that he was put through and managed to stand up.

            “Where are you? Show yourself?” Minho screamed. Jessica cackled creepily, her thin voice resonating throughout the maze.

 

            “I am here.” Jessica said. Minho turned and pranced around, not knowing where to turn. Jessica was invisible! Nowhere to be found. But her voice could be heard loud and clear by Minho. And it was a scary one.

 

            “Remember, you still have to slay the Gunterlog.” Jessica commanded.

 

            “The Gunterlog? But what?” asked Minho confused.

 

            “The Gunterlog is the fiercest, most vicious creature in the labyrinth. It is 8 feet tall, 899 pounds of fur and mass. It has two heads, 5 feet, and on evil people’s blood. Its blood is gray in color, its eyes are tantalizing, terrifyingly green, enough to slay one who stares into them. Only the bravest and most gallant visitors of the realms of Hell can slay this beast. I doubt you can.”

 

            “Where is this Gunterlog?” asked a determined and exhausted Minho.

 

            “The Cave of the Labyrinth.” Jessica said.

 

            “Where is it?”

 

            “Find it for yourself.” Jessica cackled loudly. The voice vanished, leaving Minho without direction. Jessica left no trace of her presence. Minho mustered all the courage in his heart to find the Cave of the Labyrinth. Twists and turns made it hard for him to find the Gunterlog, the guardian of the first canto, the protector of Jessica Jung, queen of Canto One and the holder of the crown that Minho was tasked to find.

 

            Left with no weapons, little strength, and wavering faith, Minho set out to find the Gunterlog, the horrifying monster. Without warning, he stumbled upon the Cave of the Labyrinth. The Cave was dark and full of vines, making it hard for Minho to navigate his way into it. He had to crawl, he sometimes tripped, and most of the time he had to claw his way up the rocks and stalagmites. Minho had some pricks and scratches but survived nonetheless. He had no idea that the Labyrinth could hold a land form this huge. Out of nowhere, a red light came shining from above, exposing the lair of the Gunterlog.

 

            The Gunterlog.

 

            There it was. Sure enough it was enormous and seemed as if it could swallow a human being or two. It was beastly with horns and gray fur. Deeply intimidating and Minho didn’t know if he could slay it. Especially with his bare hands!

 

            How in hell’s name am I even going to slay this?!

 

            Minho took several deep breaths, gazing at his opponent. The Gunterlog was breathing and snoring, its breath stench mixing with the dry, humid air. Beads of sweat dripped down from Minho’s forehead as he readied himself to attack the Gunterlog.

 

            Here goes! Minho took one huge leap and landed on the monster’s back. The giant beast awoke and roared out loud, signaling that it was in pain and under attack. Jessica saw the progress that Minho was making and called for three of her best White Devil fighters. Minho kept on going, attacking and punching the Gunterlog using only his strength. The strength that he had was enough to inflict pain on the Gunterlog, one which was too mighty for man to handle. Using his pure wit, Minho grabbed a stalagmite and when the Gunterlog stood up, roaring and preparing to devour Minho, Minho stabbed him in the heart with the sharp stone. The heart was the weakness of the Gunterlog and with this mighty stab, though he had no weapons, Minho was able to slay the Gunterlog.

 

            “WHERE’S THE CROWN, YOU BASTARD?!?!” roared Minho. The Gutnerlog, of course, didn’t reply rather just hyperventilate, bleeding gray blood. Minho opened the Gunterlog, splitting its into two. The heart of the Gunterlog was the holy crown that he needed to find in order to get out of Hell.

 

            “YES! I HAVE FOUND IT!” Minho held the bloody crown up, cheering in victory. A thunder came and a voice echoed throughout the cave.

 

            “YOU HAVE ONE MORE CHALLENGE LEFT. HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN?!?!” Jessica said. Minho’s heart sank. He wasn’t done yet?! He was tired, wounded and weak. He couldn’t fight Jessica anymore.

 

            “Jessica please. Have mercy on me.” Minho begged. Jessica looked at him with sharp, angry eyes. Jessica couldn’t bear to accept the fact that he had survived a challenge that most people couldn’t even get past. She was left with no choice but to fight him off herself.

 

            “You leave me no choice, you son of a .” Jessica said. She drew her sword once more and tightly clutching her shield. The cave that Minho was in collapsed, rocks and soil crashing over him, nearly burying him alive. Miraculously, Minho was able to rise from the rubble with the help of the White Devils. No they didn’t resurrect him in order to save his life, rather they resurrected him in order to confront Jessica.

 

            Since Minho was able to overcome the labyrinth and slay the Gunterlog, the giant maze disappeared and he found himself in a lion’s den. Like Daniel from the Bible, Minho found himself surrounded by lions but not just lions. There were snakes, crocodiles and other vicious beasts of the jungle. The only difference between the beasts of the jungle from these Hellish beasts was that these were freaks with deformities, made with all the hate and resentment, rejection from the world.

 

            The den was sealed tightly. It was dark except for a small light that came from above. He felt like he was in the cave of the Gunterlog once again. But he wasn’t. No. He saw a throne made from hard marble, covered with satin. Minho found himself stranded, standing in the middle of a lion’s den., no weapons, all wounds, fatigued and lost. He was confused and he wanted out of hell right away. Minho had no weapons and could only hope for the worst.All of a sudden, a thousand doves came flying from above, perching on the rocks. This could only mean one thing. The bright lights could only signal the coming of the Goddess who reigned over the fauna of hell.

           

            From the dark came a bright white light. It was blinding, almost godly but not quite holy. The light descended faster and faster until it hit the ground. A huge glow came upon Minho and the apparition that seemed angelic showed its true face.

 

            There, the bright light slowly started taking form. It took the form of the Goddess of Creatures, Jessica Jung. Jessica stood before Minho, a gallant warrior woman wearing a white gown worthy to be wrapped around Athena’s body. True to the look of the Greek Goddess of Wisdom, she had a sword and a shield made from the dove. These were simple weapons but she was sure they could protect her, especially with her skill in fighting.

 

            “You have done me wrong. You must pay for your sins.” Jessica drew her sword and stepped forward, lunging at Minho. Minho tried at all costs to avoid Jessica’s sword but she was too quick! She sliced his arm, cut his chest, and stabbed his leg. Minho felt very much in pain and wanted to quit but he knew if he gave up he would lose the chance to get back into the real world. Minho fought back, physically. He threw fists and kicks at her, some hitting her. Jessica did get affected but she didn’t let these weaken her. The Goddess of the Creatures knew that she had some sort of power and had to use it. Jessica had power over ice and snow, hence her white costume.  She dropped her sword and shield and when Minho saw her do this, he wasted no time in attacking her. The two engaged in a deadly hand-to-hand combat with Jessica losing to Minho’s physical prowess but used her powers. She made powerful, commanding gestures with her hands and with it came snow. The snow storm was very strong and it was quite unlikely for it to be snowing in Hell but the cold was unbearable for Minho. Jessica continued to fight him physically.

 

            “You are one tough to combat!” she exclaimed. “But I’m not giving up until you get what you deserve!”

 

            “I don’t deserve anything!” Minho maintained. “I’m sorry! I apologize. I didn’t mean for you to get-”

 

            “Nonesense!” Jessica sent another blast of ice cold snow on Minho, bruising him and freezing him slowly. What Minho didn’t know was that Jessica had one more evil trick up her sleeve.

 

            Jessica transformed her sword and shield into a dove and transformed the white bird into 4 ninja stars. Jessica didn’t have to move a muscle in her lower body. All she had to do was throw these at him. Minho tried to run but Jessica used her powers to lift him up and slam him against a burnt wall. Jessica used the ninja stars to pin Minho on the wall. Jessica called the White Butterflies and with them, she created a bow and arrow combination. Minho screamed as Jessica positioned it before her face.

 

            “Jessica! No!” her arrow looked very dangerous. It was made of steel, heavy and deadly.

 

            “Vengeance. Tastes rather sweet.” Jessica pulled the arrow and let go of it, stabbing Minho straight in the heart. Jessica released the bow and arrow and stood with pride and glory, watching the playboy’s dead body pinned on the cave wall. With one final whip of her finger, Jessica froze his dead body on the spot.

 

            “All creation rise!” Jessica called for all her creatures to come and charge at Minho’s body. They were all butterflies and doves, pleasant creatures at first but slowly transformed into beasts, killer freaks, and deformed humans. These creatures chowed on Minho’s body and Jessica, the ever powerful Goddess of the Creatures, reigned over her Circle.

 

            Minho was falling fast in a totally dark place. He was no longer in the first circle and it seemed as though he had escaped from the terrors of the first canto. Minho was terrified but relieved. At least he was no longer in the realms of Jessica Jung.

 

            The Goddess of Creatures. Jessica Jung.