Inferno

Hate You (Jaesueobseo)

 

[a/n: Short chapter.]
 
Tiffany and the girls headed to her basement where all the supernatural things were kept. Sure enough she had a lot of them, proof that even in the technological age, there were still superstitious people existing. 
 
“These were handed down to me by my grandmother. She was the one who totally believed and immersed herself in magic and occultism. I don’t know. She was that way. It was passed on to my mother who wasn’t really a huge fan so she just kept it. I think I got this fascination with the supernatural from my grandma. I know how to work these potions just right.” Tiffany grinned. The other girls didn’t know what was going on but they trusted Tiffany. Their first impression of her was an intelligent girl so she must know what she was doing.
 
“That’s a lot of potions you got there.” Jessica commented while checking her nails. Tiffany smiled and nodded.
 
“Cali accent. You’re from the US, too?”
 
“Yeah.” Jessica nodded.
 
“Great! I’m not alone.” Tiffany smiled. She gathered the materials and laid them out before the girls. It made them even more curious and at the same time afraid. Who knew Tiffany possessed such knowledge?
 
“I’m scared. What’s going on?” asked Taeyeon.
 
“Don’t be. We won’t get hurt.” Tiffany smiled. She mixed the potions a bit and stirred it. The stench of blood soon filled the place. The girls were getting really, really scared.
 
“I want all of you to form a circle around this table. Go ahead.” the girls gathered around the table, looking at the bubbling bloody mixture. They had no idea what Tiffany put in there but whatever it was, it smelled and looked diabolical. “Join hands and concentrate. This is gonna be like voodoo only better.” The girls joined hands, looked down and closed their eyes, concentrating. They weren’t allowed to make noise. Only the mediator was allowed, that being Tiffany.
 
“This is a revenge ritual. Concentrate on the person you want to get revenge on. Picture him in your minds. Recall all the things he did to you. Recall how he did you wrong. Once you have that clear picture, breathe.” Tiffany instructed them. The girls all recalled what Siwon did to them. How he played them and how he used them as dolls. It angered them. Stirred some kind of hatred in their hearts.
“Now, open your eyes.” the girls opened their eyes all at the same time and noticed something.
 
“Wait.” Hyoyeon said. “Wasn’t that liquid red when we started?” 
 
“Yeah. Now it’s all purple and stuff.” Seohyun reached for it but Tiffany quickly tapped her hand away.
 
“NO!” she cried. “Only the mediator can touch the potion.”
 
“What exactly is going to happen?” asked Jessica impatiently.
 
“I am going to give you girls vials and pour this liquid into them.” the girls somewhat knew what they were going to do. “Once they’ve been poured, I want you to drink them. Don’t worry, I shall drink with you.” Tiffany handed their vials and went around pouring the viscuous purple liquid. Some of the girls were creeped out and disgusted but the others, fueled by their equal hatred for Siwon, braved the gooey texture and set their minds. 
 
“After I finish my incantation, then we drink.” Tiffany held the vial tightly in her hand and together with the girls, bowed her head once more. Her incantation was recited in the mind but somehow, just somehow, it resonated throughout the basement. The girls felt fear as Tiffany’s deep, husky voice echoed. They could hear it clearly though Tiffany’s mouth was tightly shut. The room shook and the girls wanted to open their eyes. Yoona was on the verge of doing so when Tiffany tightened her grip on her hand, as if sensing that she was about to open her eyes. Strong winds and an earthquake rocked their session and when everything ended, that was a sign that the incantation was over. Tiffany looked up and the girls were shocked to see her eyes. The pupils were dark and huger than they were before the ritual. 
 
“Ladies.” she said in a voice that didn’t seem like hers. “Drink your potions now.” The girls looked at each other with fear on their faces and without hesitation, drank the potion. Miraculuously, it tasted better than it looked, kind of like a bubblegum-grape taste. The potion had immense powers, like they were unearthed from the pits of the Earth. For some reason, the potion made them strong, like ten times their normal strength. 
 
“What’ll this do?” Yoona asked. She noticed that her voice changed into a deeper, more seductive one. 
 
“This potion will give you powers beyond your imagination. Powers you cannot explain.” Tiffany said.
 
“How will this help us murder Minho?” asked Hyoyeon. Tiffany smirked.
 
“With our powers and our concentrated anger on him, we can create an alternate world for him. That world being Inferno. We rule Inferno. We haunt him there. We torture him. We make him pay.” Tiffany said angrily. The girls were immune to her terrifying yet y tone.
 
“How will he fall into Inferno?” asked Yuri. Tiffany tapped the table. 
 
“Minho will sleep for 5 days straight. Nothing, not even the loudest noise will be able to wake him up. His soul shall be led into Inferno and once here, he will receive all kinds of punishments from us. Inferno has 9 circles. We rule each circle.”
 
“We’re gonna become like devils or something?” asked Jessica.
 
“Not really. Something like that only better looking.”Tiffany toyed with the bottle that once contained the potion. “Wait for our transformation.”
 
“What time will it come?” asked Sunny.
 
“When Minho sleeps, this full moon.” Tiffany looked out the window and saw the round, full moon shining its light upon them.
 
[AT MINHO’S ROOM]
 
Minho was so bummed out today. Not only was he dumped by 9 girls all at the same time, his mistakes were publicized on Facebook and Twitter and wherever else. His name had been ruined. Why ever not? He deserved it! After all he had done to the girls?! Now, Minho  was thinking of a way to up his status. He had to have a girlfriend. He couldn’t and shouldn’t be single. To a good looking casanovan like him, being single was a sin. 
 
Because of fatigue, Minho plopped on the bed and watched the lights on the ceiling. They didn’t move. All they did was shine their light on him, blinding him. It was painful on the eyes at first but the more he stared at it, the more his eyes got used to it. Soon, he found himself staring at the light, not blinking, not moving. He was just lying down and staring at the lights.
 
Staring…staring…
 
Minho fell asleep not so long after a long period of staring at the chandelier that was above him. The first few minutes of his slumber were peaceful until he felt a slight quake on his bed. He didn’t mind it and thought it was just his imagination, so he went on sleeping. Then, he started to hear heavy footprints. Minho tried to open his eyes but they were shut tight, like the lids were glued together. A dizzy and high feeling overcame him and pretty soon, Minho felt himself slowly swirling into the realm of nightmares, far away from the world he really knew. 
 
The once serene night turned into a hellish evening. Minho awoke but he was still asleep. This is the state known as dreaming. Minho found himself separated from the comfort of his sheets and stepping onto the dry, hot soil. The place was hotter than hot and there were sandstorms. This was no ordinary dream, he thought. This was a nightmare. 
 
The place wasn’t just any other place. It was a desert-like cave or pit of darkness and red. In short, it was terrifying. Like no other place he had been to before. Minho also noticed one more thing: his clothes changed. He was no longer in his usual sleeping attire rather he was in a white polo and denim jeans. He had no shoes on his feet and was forced to walk on the scorching sand. The wind blew dust in his eyes, nearly blinding him. Minho heard a voice coming from above him. 
 
“Follow me or vanish forever…” said the husky, feminine voice. Minho thought it was y but right now, he was suffering because of the burns his feet were receiving. The voice, however, was very powerful and convincing that he knew he just had to follow it or he’d be dead meat.
 
“Yes. I will. I will.” Minho covered his eyes with his arm and prodded on. The winds got stronger and the sandstorms got worse. Minho had no idea how he was going to go on with this. He could feel his body slowly eroding. 
 
“Where am I?” he asked the voice. Echoes could be heard, echoes of screams and yells and shouts for help and this was a sign that things weren’t okay. 
 
“You are…” the winds stirred, the place got darker, and the sandstorm worsened. Minho was nearly blown away had it not been for his sturdy built. The screams got louder and Minho grew afraid.
 
“IN HELL!!!!” howled the voice from above. Minho was sure that it was Satan speaking to him so he trembled in fear, not ashamed to show his weak side. Yes, he was afraid of Satan. Who isn’t? Minho knew he did a lot of bad things so this scared him even more. Was he going to suffer like all the souls in Hell?
 
No. 
 
Well that was a relief.
 
 
But the bad news was, he was going to endure much more suffering.
 
“You are here for a reason!” said the voice. Each word echoed across the dangerous pits of hell. Minho really wanted to cry right now but  kept his cool, believing this was still part of his nightmare.
 
“What reason?” Minho asked.
 
“You know your earthly doings. You know what you did and you should damn well suffer for it!” the voice said. Minho felt the ground beneath his feet slowly eroded, taking him with it. Minho looked for some vines or something to hold on to to prevent him from totally sliding down and being eaten up by the soil of Hell but there was nothing. All Minho could hold on to was the eroding soil.
 
It was final. Hell ate him up. But he wasn’t dead. Minho found himself sitting in a pool of extremely viscuous devil-mud with the sound of slithering snakes. Minho wanted to cry and wake up from his dream but he wasn’t even sure if he was dreaming. 
 
“LET YOUR JOURNEY BEGIN!” cackled the voice from above. Minho was suddenly swallowed by the Earth once again, leading him to a place he had yet to discover and fear.