In Vain

Fervor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

5. In Vain

 

The next day was a dull Tuesday and since it was Tuesday, it meant that Somin had late night classes. Somin, Haera and Mira left the dorm at the same time, but the difference was only that she was going to work, while her friends were on their way to the library. 

 

 

She worked at the coffe shop from eleven to four, and was completely exhausted when she finally reached the dancing studio at 5, where she took one danceclass each week. Her fellow dance partner had advised her to stop either one of the parttime jobs or the dancing class after knowing how tight her schedule was, but she was stubborn and not willing to give up on any of them. She needed both the money and the experience. Her dance partner was graduated as a doctor, and swore that Somin would collapse one day because of exhaustion, but that hadn't happened even once in these four months, so she had grown fond of the little girl.  

 

 

"You'd die if you had a boyfriend right now. The little time you guys would be able to spend together, would exhaust you completely!"

 

 

"Unni!!" Somin whined embarrassed, knowing what she was hinting to. "Don't be so dirty!" 

 

 

"Aigoo, you are such a kid." 

 

 

There were very few people in Seoul University, because not many of the students took night classes. The business management building was open and that was the only department open at night, since the headcrew wanted to gather all of the night classers together in one building. Somin was roaming around, in search of the right auditorium when Hyun Joong caught her eyes. There he was, in a empty corridor, leaning over a girl with blonde hair, small waist and long legs, almost as if they were making out. Or, actually, reverse that, because they were literally making out, desperately. The girl was as his hands roamed under her blouse.

 

 

She blinked, not liking the scene at all, thinking that she was right about him kissing anybody and about her not at all being special to him. A pang of jealousy shot through her stomach, her eyes were stinging and it felt like someone had just put a terrible weight on her shoulders. There was no explanation to why she was feeling like this, because she obviously shouldn't. He wasn't her boyfriend or anything.

 

 

"Jasmine?" A voice from behind made Somin forcefully remove her eyes from the couple and spin around, plastering a fake smile on her pale face. "Oh Kyu Jong?" 

 

 

He was the guy from yesterday, whom she had met in lunch. 

 

 

"You are taking night classes?" 

 

 

"Yeah, and you too?" She answered casually, not actually interested in this conversation. She felt bad for being mean to Kyu Jong, who seemed much more nicer than his friend, but couldn't help the uninterested tone at all when he told her that he was happy to find her here. "Why?" 

 

 

"I was going to advise you to give Hyun Joong hyung a chance. He really likes you, you know?" Her ears were pricked at the mention of his name, wondering what all of this was about. 

 

 

She laughed sarcastically, making him raise his eyebrows in confusion "I can see that," was the only thing that came out of before she nodded her head in Hyun Joong's direction. 

 

 

"Oh, that is because you rejected him," Kyu Jong shrugged as if that was what he did everyday anyways. For Kyu Jong, the scene was nothing new, and he had witnessed much worse. He couldn't help the nature of his friend, and now that his friend finally seemed to notice Somin, who was different from the girls in his past, he wished for his hyung to be with her, thinking that maybe she could fix up his confused personality and impulsive actions. 

 

 

"Have a nice night," Somin retorted displeased as she left, her heels clicking, showing how frustrated she was.  

 

 

"If he dare come to me tonight, I will punch him. I will punch his face a million times without regretting it. That is exactly what he deserves and what will set him in place. ing retarded bastard that thinks he can get every girl he wants. Why does he treat the females like his toys? Does he come to uni, thinking that it is a stripping club?" she thought to herself.  

 

 

She cursed him all the way to class, from class, to next class and also when leaving the building. There was no wish of hers to look around, as she actually used to have every Tuesday. There was no wish to give the students around a supporting smile which told them "Carry on, you are not the only one." She just wanted to get home and curse him even more, but that wasn't happening anytime soon, because he was waiting in the dark parking lot, only to grab her tiny hand and push her towards a black car, probably his own when she intended on walking by without having him notice her.

 

 

"How dare you ditch me!?" His tone was sharp, dangerous and threatening. Amongst all of the converations they’ve had with each other, she couldn't remember any so intense and indifferent. There was no sweetness or joyfulness in his voice, because he was totally pissed. His blood was boiling and the posion of rejection didn't want to pass through his throat. No girl had ever rejected him, so how did this one have the nerves to lie to his face and then act as if nothing had happened at all? 

 

 

"How ing dare you?" He yelled as he pushed her harder towards the window of his car, tightening the grip around her wrists so much that it hurt, the feeling could be compared to twisting your elbow. 

 

 

"Stop!" Somin shouted in extreme pain at the same time as she was trying to free her wrist, not being able to understand that a wonderful looking person like him could cause so much physical pain to the girl he insisted on liking so much. It was good to be reminded that he wasn't the kind guy that he portrayed to be, but rather a cruel person with the intentions of hurting those who had turned down his wishes. 

 

 

"Who the do you think you are!?" Hyun Joong continued and made her believe that he was going to punch her in the face when he gripped the back of her head and formed a fist, only to drive it into the door of his car, forming a bulk.

 

 

Somin started crying because of sudden fear, but wasn't able to divide the stream running down the cheeks in tears and raindrops. Her stomach churned and she thought that she was going to have a migrene attack when her temples suddenly started blasting. He might have noticed the frightened look on her face, so he removed his hands from her petite body and took deep breaths before giving her space in order to leave. 

 

 

She ran, didn't know where, but she ran. Many people cursed as she pushed them away from the pavement, probably thinking that the girl was drunk. Both of her hands were holding the head, in order to stop the pain, but it didn't stop. Every part of her was drenched in rain, and her sight was unclear, so she couldn't possibly see where she was heading to. Only when she noticed that she had come to a place that looked like an abandoned tunnel where there were no streetlights or people, she decided to turn around and walk back, not wanting to get more lost than she already was. 

 

 

But God had other plans for her, because he had already sent three men, probably in their forties to accompany her. Only a stupid girl like her wouldn't notice that somebody had been following her for a good ten minutes. 

 

* * * * * *


Somin had to admit that she didn't actually understand what was going on with one blasting head and one sorrowful heart before one of the three grabbed her petite waist, pulling her close to him. He was bald, his body big and his smirk evil. His eyes became small, filled with desire as they went up and down, to take in the details of the little girl's soaked body. The two men around him weren't bald, but their hair was dirty, almost looking like it hadn't been brushed in decades. And they too were enormous, wearing ped winter jackets with playful grins on their faces.

 

 

 

"Wha- what are you doing?!" Somin managed to stutter as some of her wet hair was blown into by the protesting, cold wind. This city was filled with cruelity, and maybe it was a wrong decision of Somin's to move here. Or this could also be the punishment or curse of not listening to her parents when they tried their best to stop her from leaving. She wasn't even able to digest one bad situation before the next one occured, and she wondered, what had she done so sinful to be deserving all of this bull?

 

 

 

"Just keep quiet and I will finish quickly" He whispered in a mysterious tone, earning laughs from his companions. The feeling of fear that she had earned earlier was nothing compared to what it felt like at this specific moment. She was so frighetened that she pitied herself for being born and having to live on this earth where it was all about satisfying yourself, not at all giving a damn about what it might do to others. 

 

 

 

One thing was for sure: If she wasn't able to escape this awful situation, there would be noe desire of hers to live afterwards. Her impulsive thoughts convinced her that there was no way she was going to lead a normal life after this.

 

 

 

"Leave me!" Somin screamed, trying to push the man's chest and dirty flesh away from her own, but was a lamb ever successful in escaping from the wolf's mouth? Not very often, and certainly never in such cases. 

 

 

 

He yanked her as the other two ripped off her jacket, only to throw it in one of the many brown-colored puddles around. The victimized girl already had little tolerance towards cold, and them ripping off her outerwear left her defense

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter