Surprise

Fervor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2. Surprise 

 

That night was restless. The whole night and upcoming first half of the day was wasted on tossing and turning in the bed. Somin’s nightmares about that man- Hyun Joong, wouldn't stop, so around four in the evening she finally decided to get up and eat something. Her last meal hadn't been enjoyable, she remembered and made her way to the little living room that she and Haera shared. Haera was standing infront of the stove, making pancakes that smelled like heaven. 

 

"Good morning, when did you get up?" Somin covered so the yawn couldn't make its way out. 

 

"Good evening you mean?" Haera corrected "one hour ago."

 

"Are you making pancakes for me?" Somin’s stomach growled excited and made her roommate laugh.

 

"Yes, even though you don't deserve it, since you put us in so much danger yesterday!" Haera muttered.

 

"Oh c'mon," Somin brushed her off and went to watch some tv. Luckily, for her, Titanic had just started on one of the channels and she seated herself comfortably in the sofa, under the blanket before yelling Haera over.

 

"It is Titanic!" Haera rushed over with the plate full of pancakes and jumped in the other sofa after kicking off her cozy, pink slippers. Titanic was one of their favourite movies, it was their first movie together. 

 

Haera cried good when the movie ended and her roomate passed her some tissue to wipe away her tears, and then suddenly remembered the incident from yesterday. "Haera?" 

 

"Umm?"

 

"The guy, he followed you out, he didn’t do anything bad to you??"

 

"Well, no" she sighed upon remembering the scene "But he asked for my number."

 

Somin was shocked, but nevertheless relived that he had not done to Haera what his partner had done to her. Harrassment. Threats. "Did you give it!?" But she was also ready to scold her friend until she regretted her own existence and realized the degree of her mistake. 

 

"No, of course not!" Haera replied smartly and burst out laughing when Somin calmed and her shoulders sunk down again. She would have seen the end of the world if any number exchanging had happened, because sometimes she is stupid and innocent. Men could easily take advantage of her innocence, especially men like them, but as long as she had a friend like Jung Somin, that wouldn't happen.

 

Somin was about to finish watching the newest episode of the Vampire Diaries when her phone ringed loudly. The screen showed "Dirty Miramie" as she had called her months back, upon taking notice of the dirty comments she would make shamelessly. Why was she calling on a Saturday? Saturday was her party day and she had never called her friends on this day with the intention of talking. She would only call to plead about coming with her to the parties, but Somin would decline nicely each time. 

 

"Yes party lion?" she answered, but was surprised with the voice on the other side of the line. 

 

"Are you the friend of Kim Mira?" 

 

"Yes?" it was repeated to the male.

 

"Please take her home, she is drunk already and throwing up all over the place!"

 

"What!?" 

 

"She is ing crushing my party!"

 

Somin was worried sick. What was wrong with her? Was she sick? But why did she drink more alcohol than she could handle? 

 

"Send me the address." 

* * * * * 

 

An hour after the call, Somin and Haera, both dressed in black skinny jeans, wool coats and winter heels were standing in front a huge mansion. Many cars were parked silently outside as they were being covered with snow. Somin’s ears became cold while waiting for someone to answer the door and she shrugged at the sound of Haera tapping her feet impatiently. A tall, blond guy opened the door and looked at the two girls questioningly.

 

"We are here to get Kim Mira." 

 

"Yeah, she is out there somewhere, please find and take her."  He screamed over the music and pulled both inside, as impatient as them. 

 

The place was packed with crazy teenagers, holding cups and bottles of alcohol. The music was blasting and the girls’ ears hurt because of the intolerable bass.

 

"This is the first and last party I am coming to!" Haera yelled over the music.

 

"Me too!" Somin agreed. People were dancing, and bumping into the two girls unknowingly, some even pushed Haera so hard she fell and her companion had to help her get up.

 

They looked around for minutes, but couldn't find Mira, so decided it was time to split. "You go that way" Somin pointed to the right, "And I'll go this way" She said further and pointed to the opposite direction. Haera nodded and left while placing her phone in her hand, so that she could feel it vibrate if a message or call had to be attended.  

 

Somin figured out that the mansion had two floors, but the second floor wasn't as packed as the first. It was difficult to spot Mira, and the dimlights made their job even more difficult. As she searched every corner, she came across guys and girls howling over each other and doing things that were forbidden in her eyes. The disgust made its way and she felt like throwing up just by watching them. People screamed and moaned all round her, but Mira was nowhere to be found. Evil souls, thought Somin.   

 

Her phone vibrated violently, and she was about to check when she spotted someone with similar looks to Mira. The message could be checked out later, she thought and tried not to lose the sight of Mira, but failed miserably as guys and girls jumped in the front and pushed her here and there, everywhere. Accepting her defeat, she finally decided to check her phone.

 

Somin, get out Haera had written and Somin could see her stressed expression just by looking at the message.

 

Guys from yesterday are here, I saw them! she had sent another message.

 

Where are you?! I am moving out! 

 

Somin stopped breathing upon remembering the scene from yesterday. A lump was formed in and she couldn't move. Today is my death, but let’s try to survive, she thought, trying to make jokes in order to calm down. She had to get out somehow, some way. If the guy from yesterday caught her in here, would really go down.

 

He'll punish her for pepper spraying him and damaging his jewel, she knows. Yesterday he had a pistol he was going to use on a man, perhaps that weapon would be used on her tonight. She had to survive, and therefore started laying plans on how to get away if he by chance discovers her. What can I do? What should I do?

 

The best thing she could do was to hope and pray. Hope he won't see her, pray that if he did, he wouldn't remember her, but she knew better than to make useless prayers. There was no way a guy- so bloodthirsty, could forget the woman who had injured him so badly. The moment he had laid eyes on her- he knew he was in for a game. The woman was strong-minded and played hard-to-get, and that had only added up on his wish of deflowering her. He wanted her, and if she had known, she would have passed out from fear already, because what he wants, he gets. 

 

As she turned around- towards the entrance and lowered her head so that the long brown hair covered her face, she came face to face with her own personal nightmare. Great, she thought. I should've known, my luck is this bad after all. 

 

He blinked, he was looking at something behind her and not her. His eyes were moving around, he was looking out for someone who was not her, and when she realized he hadn't recognized her, she started preparing herself for an escape. 

 

But then he blinked again and his eyes fell on her face. Those pouty lips and heated cheeks, he recognized. His curious gaze locked with her shocked one and he couldn't help but want to grab her right there and crash her body into his. He wanted to do so many things to her, her body was casting spells on him. Mostly he wanted to revenge himself for what she had done to him the day before, but he was not going to punish her. At least not the way he'd normally do. 

 

He had decided to punish her with awakening needs in her petite body and later pleasure her to ease her pain. He was planning to destroy the wall she had built around her, to show her that she belonged under him, both in status and bed. She'll learn he is nobody to mess with when his touches have her ache and beg in urgency. And at that time, he'll also force out an apology from her. And when she apologizes- he'll use her and leave. 

 

But what he didn't know was that Somin was not weak. The barrier she had created around herself was not made of cheap material. It consisted of her strong beliefs in life. She was not a woman who'd beg him for anything, not a woman full of lust and ual needs. She was just this ambigious lady who had a lot going on in life. Her biggest goal was to educate and use her knowledge in helping both herself and others. She had no time for engaging in his acts, there's no way she'll do that. She was not of the women he usually crosses path with, and he knew, but still believed his act was strong enough to break even Holy Mary if she had been around. 

 

Somin knew this was her chance to escape. If she waited another second- he'd be able to get her, because he had spotted her, and she was aware. Aware of the possibility of him grabbing her right there and then and killing her on the spot. 

 

Her brown-coloured hair whipped his face when she spun around in the speed of light and started running the direction where she originally came from. She knew it didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter