Lovers

Fervor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ok, short precap of chapter 1-6; Somin catches Hyun Joong trying to kill a man in the forest. She pepper-sprays him and runs away. The next day, she meets him at a party and he harasses her. Weeks pass, Hyun Joong ends up in front of Somin's dorm, wounded. She tends to his wounds and finds out they go to the same university. Then he saves her from being and here they are!

7. Lovers

 

"We are finally friends," Somin exclaimed after finishing her long and sorrowful life story, which Hyun Joong had listened to so quietly as if he understood every pain that had ever revolved in her body. 

 

 

 

They were laying on the same mattress, buried underneath the warm blanket, facing each other. To say that Somin liked Hyun Joong’s company would have been an understatement, because she absolutely and surprisingly loved it! Maybe it was all her fault that she didn’t allow him to get closer before, when his actions had pleaded for it. Having prejudices is a bad thing after all, Somin thought and scolded herself mentally. Who knew that this rough and tough guy could be so sweet and caring? Certainly not her.

 

 

 

"No," he spoke sternly, disagreeing with her statement. "Let's be lovers." 

 

 

 

And that was all it took the girl to freeze in shock and stop breathing as if a storm had taken place. His words were repeated time after time in her head as she tried to figure out why her stomach was filled with butterflies and the reason behind her frozen face suddenly turning into a heater of great quality. Her palms were sweaty and she started rubbing her cold feet with his leg, not at all thinking what it could cause to him or what type of signal she was giving off. The difference between what she had thought about his proposal before and now, was that she was more open to it now. There was no fear or anger, as it used to be, because those feelings were already replaced by emotions like joy and nervousness. 

 

 

 

"But you already have a girlfriend!" Somin remembered him making out with the girl in Seoul University, and that made her once again, really jealous. She didn't like to think that another woman got to feel Hyun Joong’s desperate kisses and affectionate touches. 

 

 

 

"Who said that?" Hyun Joong was denying it completely, but Somin had seen it with her own eyes. How could she forget that stinging scene? 

 

 

 

"I saw you kiss her in university?" Her tone was sad and disappointed. He shouldn't try to double cross his girlfriend, after all she had a heart that couldn't be broken like this. Somin didn’t want the girl to get hurt or think that she had lost her boyfriend to another lady, even though they were practically rivals.

 

 

 

"Oh, that....." She felt his body stiffing up "She isn't my girlfriend."

 

 

 

"Then why did you kiss her?" A sudden anger was visible in her thin voice. 

 

 

 

"I was angry at you, therefore." 

 

 

 

"Will you kiss her again?" The woman’s hoarse voice was threatening, why was she threatening him so much? She obviously knew that he had no reason to fear her, because it wasn't like she could beat him or anything, well besides kicking his balls that she was perfectly good at. 

 

 

 

"Not if you become mine."

 

 

 

"I don't become anybody’s'. You will have to become mine." She told him in mood to joke and grill him, but he wasn't in the fun mood, because his mind was all about getting a clear answer from , so she wasn't able to deny it afterwards.

 

 

 

"Then let me be yours?" 

 

 

 

Time stilled.

 

 

 

She didn’t at all understand what to answer, because it felt like her brain short-circuited and needed rebooting. Everything around her seemed to be stopping up, and she felt nervous all of a sudden. It might or might not have been a good idea to joke around like that. He was damn serious and furious when one of his hands grasped her nape and pulled her closer, while the other held her chin in a firm grip.

 

 

 

“Common, give me a chance, I am not that bad am I?” Hyun Joong hadn’t dated many girls, but he felt a strong urge to spend time with this one girl. She seemed important, heck; he was even lowering his self-esteem by pleading like this, so she sure was someone special!

 

 

 

Somin gulped, hard, and tried to release her chin, but failed miserably as the grip tightened even more.

 

 

 

“Don’t be so cruel towards me.”

 

 

 

Guilt washed over her and she bit her bottom lip, whilst trying to come up with a master plan, which would save her from this awkward situation. Her heart was sagging down into an empty pit of darkness, and the lump in evolved. What to do, what to do! Somin screamed inside her head and wished to faint right now, right there.

 

 

 

“Uh-uhm……”

 

 

 

Hyun Joong waited, and gave her time to rethink what she wanted. He was handsome and he certainly made her heart flutter, but how could she date him? He didn’t seem like the boyfriend material, so it would be bad to waste time on him, right? But then again, he had saved her and she felt burdened and thankful. Somin felt bad about judging him beforehand, so she decided it was time to show her gratefulness.

 

 

 

"Al- alright then, let’s date." Her reply shocked him, and he was more than surprised when she clasped two arms around his waist, and slyly released her chin at the same time. Somin had never thought that she would accept his proposal, because she had been determined to stay away from him since the beginning, but she couldn’t do anything when he was so eagerly trying to erase the distance between them.  .   

 

 

 

"Really?" it seemed like Hyun Joong couldn't believe his own ears, so Somin nodded in his chest.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter