Deer in Headlights

Fervor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Please reed author's note at the end   27. Deer in Headlights

 

Yujen was standing infront of Somin.

 

Yujen's dark hair was blowing violently in the wind, and the trees behind her shaking with every step she took towards Somin. Behind both women were men, all dressed in black, looking at the scene with huge grins around their mouths and excitement shining in their clear, white eyes. All of them standing in a half-circle, as if they were trying to trap Somin in that little place, which they were infact doing. 

 

Her eyes wandered around, and she noticed the setting; A dark forest like jungle, cold, dangerous, unfamiliar. Her eyes wandered again.


Men, atleast 20 of them, all dressed in black suits. Guns in their hands, knives securely placed in their boots. Evil, amused faces. 


The big, scared eyes, continued their search.


Her friends. Somin's friends on the floor. 


First she saw Mira right infront of her very feet, laying on the ground, face forward. The redhead's fresh blood was pouring from the back of her scalp, unstopably, unforgivingly. 


Then she saw Hyung Jun. A few feet away from where she was standing and Mira was laying dead. His eyes were wide open, his mouth likewise, and his arms and legs spread out on the ground, as if he was a dead fish. Be alive, Somin prayed inside her mind, but hope for that prayer was gone the moment she started focusing on his chest and whether it would move up and down and indicate that he was breathing. His chest was iced, it seemed, his sight stopped, and he was dead, she knew. 

 

Somin would have screamed, looked further, if not Yujen had stepped into her personal space and grabbed her chin harshly to direct her eyes to the knife she had just pulled out of her boot. 

 

"Little Somin," Smiled Yujen innocently. "Any last wish?" 

 

Somin coughed blood, which made Yujen's smile brighter than before. 

 

"W-what?" Her voice shook like never before. She was about die, she was sure.

 

Yujen giggled as girlisly as she could, before replying to the question that was asked at each one of her murders. 
"You see, in East Coast, we have a rule," Somin's head was patted. "Before someone dies, we ask them their last wish and fulfill it."

 

Someone roared painfully in that moment, but it wasn't Somin. Or Yujen, or any of the men Somin had seen. But it was a familiar voice, a very familiar one. 

 

****


It was midnight when Somin suddenly woke up, and started to look around her new room in suspicion. The sudden disturbance in her sleep came from two things; 1. A nightmare that basically contained of her friends getting killed by Yujen infront of her eyes, and 2. Strange sounds of something clicking in her window.

 

Goosebumps formed on her arms, and she sighed in relief when figuring out that her being murdered only was a dream, and lucikily not reality. But when the sounds from her window continued increasing, the goosebumps were back faster than Usain Bolt. Maybe it's Yujen trying to break into her room and kill her, thought Somin and creeped under her blanket. She didn't want to die, not yet. 

 

And she wouldn't. Because no, it wasn't Yujen, it wasn't anyone. Nobody tried killing or harming Somin that night, and she was happy about that. So damn happy, because she had a whole life infront of her, a whole life waiting to be lived. 

 

Or so she wanted to imagine.......

****

 

The next morning when Somin got up, she firsthandly met a happyfaced Diana, who was trembling with energy. 

"Gooooood morning my love!" She yelled out in Somin's face, and pulled the covers off of her body. "Time to get up, or you'll be late to school."

 

Somin shivered by the cold morning breeze, and got up immediately. Diana informed her the family was waiting for her at the table, so that they could have breakfast together, so she needed to hurry up. That's exactly what she did- hurried up. She quickly did her morning routine, and then dressed in a grey kneelenght skirt and a white blouse. For shoes, she put her long boots on. Overall her outfit was outwardly classy, very much like her attitude. Her messy, long hair was pulled into a high ponytail on her head, and then she rushed down the stairs, and took a seat at the table. Her actions were so quick she almost missed the sight of the stranger man who was sitting across her.

 

She lifted her eyes to examine him. The first thing that met her eyes, was that big, sly smirk. His teeth were milk white, and she could've sworn one particular tooth was made of diamond, because it was shining strongly into her eyes. Over his juicey lips, was a tiny, small nose placed. His eyes were small, but green. He reminded her of a cat- listy and dangerous. The man was tan in colour, and built like a giant. His chest was broad, and his arms and shoulders were bulging out of the light blue shirt he was clothed in. 

 

"Hello" The stranger sent her half a smile, a smirk, which screamed nothing but mystery.

 

"Hi," Somin squeaked back, and felt small under his gaze. Her eyes started wandering all around the table; first over her cousins' faces, one by one, and then finally landing on her aunt. 

 

"Oh!" Aunty screeches "I forgot to introduce you two!" Diana slams her palm into her forehead, as if saying "how stupid of me". "This is David, your uncle's litle brother, and your cousins' uncle, so technically your uncle too" 

 

"Oh naaaah, I'm not an uncle to such a beautiful girl'' David shot in quickly, and reached out his hand to Somin. Somin unsurely placed her tiny hand in his bigger one and introduced herself. "I'm Somin, and Aunt Diana is my father's sister". 

 

The stranger man, now known as David, kissed the middle of the back of her hand and spoke softly. "David. Nice to meet you Somin" Then he winked at her and dropped her hand.

 

The girl became red in her face, because she did not like this kind of attention. not from anyone but that one person. It was overwhelming and she always got stiff in situations like these, where she didn't know what she was supposed to do. "Thanks" she mumbled stupidly, and dig into her breakfast, because doing that would save her from having to interact with the others around the table. Somin ate her breakfast in complete and utter silence, but did however notice how David would look in her direction from time to time. There was something very disturbing in the way he looked at her, and she crumbled under his gaze each time, but she couldnt figure out what exactly was bothering her. Was it the way his eyes would roam all over her, or was it the smirk that never left his face? Whatever it was, it couldn't be figured out just yet.

 

* * * *  *

Somin's shift at the cafee was going very slow. The main reason for it feeling like it would never end, was her excitement, or better yet, her curiosity. What was Hyun Joong going to tell her? Would it change the way she thought of him? Would it mend her heart? Or heal her soul? She doubted it. 

 

For the past months she had only felt hurt. Sadness had consumed her. There was a pain within her that could not be undone. That is because when people you love, hurt you, you find no healing. You think about what they caused at all times, and you start fearing. Fearing that they or someone else may cause the exact same pain one more time. And in your heart you know, that if your fear takes place again, your heart will die, and likewise will your soul. You will lose hope in humanity, and in your Lord, and there will be no coming back. Because to love someone, is to give away all of you. You give control, and you give power, and you are not the one in charge of yourself anymore. Your happiness and wellbeing starts depending on the person you love, and how they treat you. They ruler your life and your mind, and you are nothing but a victim of dominance. 

 

That is exactly how Somin feels about Hyun Joong. Since the day he hurt her, she found no healing. At all times, she only fears that he will somehow trap her into his spell once again, and leave her in the same manner latter on. And in her heart she knows that if he was to do that again, she would have no capacity to take it. By loving this man, she's given away all of her. All her dreams, her expectations, her morals, her parents' teachings; everything was as good nothing In the love of Hyun Joong, Somin har sacrificed it all. And by doing that she had gained nothing. Absolute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter