Triangle

Fervor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Thank you for great response, here is another!

 

19. Triangle

 

“What are you doing tonight?” Haneul had asked Somin right after having their lunch.

 

“Umm…. Nothing,” She had already called her co-worker and asked her to report her cancellations for the shift she was supposed to have later in the evening.

 

“Great!” He smiled widely “Do you want to go out somewhere?”

 

“What?” She asked shocked, not liking the idea of going out. Not today. Not in the nearest future. She was in no mood to act like everything was normal.

 

“I mean, we could go out and have fun” He suggested- still overly optimistic “Like watch a movie, or have ice-cream, or just go to the library?”

 

Somin brushed her arms and laughed an uncertain laughter. “Umm….I don’t feel like going out tonight, I’m sorry.”

 

The guy frowned, but was still not going to accept her rejection this easily. “Why not? We should make the best out of these days before our finals you know?”

 

Somin agreed with his thoughts. He was right, because once the finals arrived- they wouldn’t have much time to have fun or breathe without books choking them all over. “You’re right, but I really don't feel good today.”

 

“Are you sick?” He focused on her face- as if trying to catch which part of her was diseased.

 

“No”

 

“Then what is wrong?”

 

She bit her lip, looking sad, and he caught the clue automatically- remembering the scene from earlier. “Oh!” It was like a message sent from heaven to him, and he felt happy even though he shouldn’t. “You fought with your boyfriend? Is that why you’re not feeling like going out?”

 

Somin felt like scoffing at that moment, why did everything have to come back to her ex? Why was everybody around her constantly talking about him? She didn’t want them to talk about him, it only made her remember how he had rejected her so cruelly the night before. She needed to put a stop to this. “We are not together anymore, so I would appreciate it if you didn’t mention him ever again Haneul.”

 

Haneul felt a chilly wind blowing down his spine, and he felt sudden relief. His heart was beating faster in joy, and at the same time he was feeling some kind of guilt because he was happy his friend’s relationship was over. He needed to support her- not be happy in her misery. “I am sorry,”

 

“It’s alright, you didn’t know.” Her smile was tight and forced- anybody could see the pain deep inside her eyes. At some moments it seemed like her eyes were filled with tears and she could start crying anytime, but then again she had decided she was not going to cry. Not over him.

 

“I feel really guilty right now,” He admitted honestly and looked at his feet as he walked her to her next class.

 

“It’s alright Haneul, I don’t blame you.”

 

“Let me make it up to you,”

 

“No y-“

 

“Please?” He begged, looking at her with his best sweet-puppy look.

 

She sighed in defeat, not able to refuse when he looked so adorable. “Okay.”

 

“I know you don’t want to go out anytime soon, but why don’t we head to my favourite ice-cream shop after university? It will help you get your mind off things, yeah?”

 

“I don’t think that’s a smart idea,”

 

“Why not? I think it’s a great idea. I promise you’ll have fun.”

 

“I’ll just ruin your evening by having this sour mind.”

 

“You won’t,” He insisted “I promise.”

 

Somin shifted her feet in discomfort before agreeing unsurely. “Okay, when are we going then?”

 

Haneul smiled the smile which shows off his perfectly white teeth. “When does your classes end?”

 

“This is my second last, so in half and hour maybe?”

 

“Great, I’ll wait for you in the parking lot, then and we’ll grab something to eat first, alright?”

 

“You said ice-cream!” She reminded him, wanting to get it over with as soon as possible.

 

He chuckled sweetly, “I know, but we gotta eat something before having dessert!”

 

Somin rolled her eyes. He was planning a meal? She had only agreed to the dessert. “We just had lunch!”

 

“So?” He raised his eyebrow “I’m hungry already and my tummy wants fast food, not that healthy and boring sandwich we both had.”

 

She couldn’t stop the half-smile that occurred on her lips, “Whatever,” She pushed his chest away lightly and turned around to walk into the classroom.

 

“See you!” He yelled after her,

 

“Yeah” She mumbled back without looking at him.

 

Once she had stepped into the room, an arm shot out from the side and grabbed her waist. She looked up and found Hyung Jun glaring at her with his intense eyes and scary-looking frown.

 

“What are you doing here?” She wondered. Why was he in a class where he didn’t belong? Had he followed her? And why was he acting like that, touching her as if he was her boyfriend? As if he was his cousin?

 

“What was he saying?” Hyung Jun demanded to know, using strength when she tried prying his hands off him before any of the few sitting and waiting for the professor took notice of them and the position they were in. Like two lovers. Ready to make-out.

 

“Who?” She asked, still struggling. “Argh, take your hands off,”

 

“That Haneul guy? Why is he stalking you?”

 

“He is not stalking me Junie, he was just-“

 

“What did he want?”

 

“Nothing” She replied coldly- finally getting out of his grip. “He said nothing, and what are you doing here huh? I think it’s you stalking me, not him.”

 

“See you later huh?” He tried mimicking Haneul’s voice, but failed terribly. “What does that even mean?”

 

“Oh…. That…”

 

“Oh yes, that.”

 

“He just asked me out for ice-cream” She shrugged and he scoffed.

 

“And you said yes?”

 

“Of course!”

 

“I am coming too.” He declared, inviting himself. He didn’t want Haneul to be with Somin alone. What if he tries something on her? He needs to be there to beat the out of him if he plans any funny business.

 

“What?” Somin shrieked, “No, you can’t!”

 

Hyung Jun suddenly had a sad expression on his face, he felt hurt. “Why not? You don’t want me to come with you now that you’ve found another ice-cream buddy?” He wants to be the only one who takes her out for ice-cream, like he has been doing for the past four months. It’s their little thing, Haneul has no right to take his position.

 

Somin’s faste softened at his vulnerable tone and she raised her hand to brush away the locks sticking to his forehead like second skin. “It’s not that Junie”

 

“Then what is it?” His eyes were thunderous when he grasped her moving hand and placed it on his cheek.

 

She sighed- feeling his stubble pricking her palm. “This is Haneul’s plan, not mine, and he has not invited you.”

 

“You can invite me,”

 

“I could have, but that wouldn’t be right, because he doesn’t feel comfortable around you and it will be unpleasing for him to spend time with you when all you’ve done till now is make him feel awkward.”

 

Judging by how Hyung Jun had behaved in lunch and at the ball, Somin could say he was in no position of becoming friends with Haneul anytime soon. She didn’t want to drag Hyung Jun with her to see Haneul, that’ll only make him feel unsure and left out.

 

Hyung Jun frowned, he wasn’t going to give up. “I don’t want him going with you. Not alone.”

 

“C’mon!” Somin dropped her hand that was resting on his cheek, “Don’t be like that. You're not my father, and he is a nice guy, besides, it’s not like the ice-cream shop is going to be empty. There will be other people! And it’s not even night-time!”

 

“But I want ice-cream too” He pouted, trying to act cute in order to get it his way.

 

Somin giggled, fully aware of his antics. “We’ll go together for that another time yeah?”

 

He wasn’t satisfied, but he was agreeing nevertheless. Besides, not like he couldn’t stalk them….

 

“Okay, you need to leave,”

 

More and more people were stepping in now, so she was sure the professor would walk in anytime.

 

“Okay,” He mimicked in a girly voice “And you need to give me a kiss.” He puckered his lips jokingly and closed his eyes, waiting patiently.

 

Somin hits his chest “Stop it you jackass.”

 

“Okay, okay, I’m leaving,” Hyung Jun replies to her relief, gives her a quick hug and a dashing smile before heading off.

 

They're really bent on making me happy, the girl thinks to herself and shakes her head in disbelief while skipping to her seat. It feels good so many people are caring about her, she has always only had her brother and two sisters. Moving to Korea has been a life-changing decision, both for good and these days; worse.

 

* * * * *

 

The day went on, and Haneul was waiting for her in his worn-out red-coloured Toyota.

 

“So,” He grinned and turned around in his seat to look at her “Where do we go first? McDonalds? BurgerKing? Or Pizzahut?

 

Somin put on her seat belt on and used a moment to think. She wasn’t hungry, but decided to have fun and not destroy the evening for Haneul who was beaming with happiness already. “Let’s go to McDonalds.”

 

“Yes ma’am, heading to McDonalds then,”

 

Somin smiled to herself at that one. He was childish and weird at times, but he was sweet and genuine in his doings.

 

They ordered their burgers and soft-drinks through drive-through and found a quiet park where they sat down on a bench and started munching on the food.

 

“Nom,nom” Haneul smacked his lips at the taste ”This is yummy!”

 

“Mine is better,” Somin stated and eyed her half-finished fish and crisps.

 

“Weally?” His mouth was full of food and made the girl laugh at how stupid he sounded. “I dudn’t wow yours wood be goud.”

 

“But it is, tastier than your big mac too!”

 

Haneul pouted “I’ll taste it next time we decide to eat there” He was already making plans on what they were potentially going to do in the future. To say he was rushing their friendship would have been a great understatement.

 

“Here,” Somin reached her burger to him “You can taste it as long as you don’t eat it all,”

 

The guy threw his head back and chortled loudly. “That must be the first time somebody is offering me their food so generously!”

 

She put the uneaten side of the burger to his lips “It’s just a bite, don’t flatter yourself big guy.”

 

He swallowed the food he had in his mouth already and took an extra-large bite of her burger, just to .

 

Somin smacked his arm and retreated her burger “That was not one bite, that was like 10!”

 

He showed no regret whilst chuckling and muttering: “Sorry, I just have to have a lot of it to actually be able to taste the thing.”

 

“Yeah yeah, whatever” The girl rolled her eyes “I’m taking half of your coke now,”

 

He didn’t mind, he was used to sharing his food and drinks, so he offered her the coke and she snatched it from his hand and began drinking after changing his straw with her own.

 

At that moment, her phone vibrated. She pulled it out and groaned after receiving the text-message.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Junie 🐵

Don’t share your food with him, don’t drink from his cup, you’ll get cooties

03.39 PM

Somin looked around. Was he stalking her? Oh, why was he so stubborn, she had clearly told him to stay away.      

 

To Junie 🐵

                                                                                                                                                                                            I don’t know where you are, but quit following me!

03.39 PM

 

“What is it?” Haneul noticed the frown on her face and started chewing slowly.

 

“Ugh nothing, just a friend.”

Junie🐵

                                                                       No,

 

Stop it, you agreed not to destroy this for us!

 

                                                                                                                                I am not destroying anything, chillz woman, just taking care of you

 

I don’t need to be taken care of KIM HYUNG JUN

 

What if he tries something on you?

 

Stop it, he won’t

 

What if he tries kissing you?

 

Not everybody is shameless like you.

 

What if he seduces you?

 

“AAARGGGGH!” Somin stomped her feet in aggrevation.

 

“Tell your friend to leave you alone, this is Hansom bounding time!” Haneul said when he took notice of her flared face.

 

“Hansom?” She quieked an eyebrow “What is that?”

 

“Haneul-Somin” He shrugged “It’s Haneul-Somin time,”

 

The girl giggled “God, you make it sound like a-“

 

Her phone vibrated violently, indicating she was receiving sms after sms.

Junie🐵

DON’T

GIGGLE

SO MUCH

YOU’RE

GIVING HIM

THE

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter