002

The Princes of North and South

“your majesty.” Woohyun uttered as they entered the bedroom and Sunggyu glared at him. He decided to leave the prince alone rather than feed fuel to the fire. Woohyun was sure that the prince was conflicted inside, because prince Onew was a hell as attractive despite being form a poor kingdom.

 

Sunggyu wouldn’t deny the fact that the prince was handsome yet his standards were rather high and a be married because the Northern kingdom needed aid to support the growing country. His people had earned their money through blood sweat and tears and he will never allow that hard earned money go to undeserving people of the Northern kingdom.

 

The next meeting of the two princes was when Heechul invited them to her birthday bash. The royal family dressed in their best clothes when they arrived but they were still not as grand as the others who attended. But Heechul paid no heed and welcomed them warmly, her smile was wide seeing the humble family attend her birthday; nothing like true friends to wish you well. Onew extended the gift of the Northern Kingdom, the prized silk of the Koryean people. It was tailored to fit the Queen, a majestic display of artistry of the Koryean people.

 

“Oh my, this is the best Hanbok ever.” Heechul remarked as she examined the dress for its details and artistry.

 

“I am happy that you liked our gift your majesty.” Onew replied and it made Heechul pout.

 

“We agreed that you call me auntie right?” Heechul said and Onew nodded and then smiled.

 

“Of course, how can I forget, Auntie Heechul.” He uttered and Heechul’s lips curved into a smile.

 

“Do that from now on okay?” Heechul said and dragged the prince to meet his friends’ sons and daughters.

 

Usually, in parties like this one, Sunggyu was most revered and all eyes were on him but when Heechul introduced Onew as the prince of Koryo, all eyes went wide at the handsome prince. Sunggyu was jealous, maybe because the spotlight shifted from him to this unknown prince but perhaps, it was a different kind of jealousy.

 

Onew would never want to grab attention such that his cheeks burn scarlet as the royalties praised him for his physical beauty, Onew was never fond of this type of compliments or the fact that everyone was gushing at him and wanted him to talk to them or dance with them. The ladies in particular were doing everything in their abilities to grab the prince’s attention yet Onew’s eyes caught the one person he had wanted to talk to at the moment. He excused himself and followed the figure towards the hallway and stopped in front of the big oak door. He was about to knock on the door when he heard the prince spoke to his eunuch.

 

“I just hate him.” Sunggyu shouted and Woohyun sighed loudly.

 

“he has done nothing wrong to receive such wretch from you my lord.” Woohyun uttered in response.

 

“have you seen what he’s been doing? Open your eyes Woohyun and don’t flirt with filthy Koryeans.” Sunggyu shouted, his words tasted foul with venom and it purged through Onew making him feel hot tears form on the side of his eyes.

 

“I maybe flirting your highness but Kibum and the Koryeans are not filthy.” Woohyun responded, defending the people whom Onew was sure he hadn’t known personally.

 

“You don’t even know them yet you defend them like you know everything.” Sunggyu bit back, not holding back on the words he was saying. “You and Myungsoo should just go to hell.” Sunggyu said and demanded that Woohyun to leave him alone.

 

Onew hurriedly hid himself as the eunuch exited the room. He took in deep breaths, trying to calm his racing heart, he had never felt such great hatred towards a person before, never in this magnitude. So he walked back to the ball room, where the party was still on full swing and walked over to his royal guard and best friend Jonghyun. He had whispered something and the guard had nodded and walked over to Eunuch Key. Key eyed the retreating back of his prince and nodded. Jonghyun had prepared the horse for him and his prince, and they both left the kingdom with heavy hearts.

 

“Your highness, I regret to inform you that Prince Onew had fallen sick, perhaps he was tired from all the commotion that he had witnessed. Jonghyun had accompanied him back to Koryo.” Key informed the King and Queen and Ryeowook worried for her son.

 

“Did he take the carriage?” She asked and Key shook his head.

 

“Don’t worry my queen, Jonghyun is with him.” He reassured his queen and Ryeowook could only trust the words of his son’s eunuch.

 

Heechul was searching for the Koryean Prince when Ryeowook told her of the sad news. She frowned to that but understood that health must come first. She granted Ryeowook’s request to leave early, as a mother she worries for his son’s welfare. Heechul nodded and let them go, asking their royal guards to them to the borders.

 

Kibum bid farewell to Woohyun, the two had been enjoying their conversations a while back but their duties to their kings were much more important than sharing their points of view. Myungsoo bid farewell to Taemin and had promised her a tour of the castle if ever they come to the place again and Taemin promised him to do the same if ever they travel north.

 

Taemin was escorted by her royal guard Minho whom Myungsoo felt had intentions far more than protecting the princess but who was he to tell otherwise. He turned to his eunuch Sungyeol and told him to arrange a visit to the north kingdom to visit them.

 

“your majesty, I will arrange for it.” Sungyeol replied and Myungsoo smirked at him.

 

“Better let your sister come, I don’t think Minho would like it if I come alone.” The prince instructed and Sungyeol smiled and nodded.

 

“It will be done your majesty.” The eunuch replied.