008 fin

The Princes of North and South

It was a historic day of celebration, whe two kingdoms would be nited as one country. The people gathered at the border of Koryo and Yurea to witness the union of two royals and to signify the start of a new kingdom. The castle bells rang signaling the union ws done, the people waited for the couple t emerge and to address the new leaders of a new country. They heard gun shots and roaring canons as two figures stepped out of the balcony and waved at the people below who souted cheers and congratulations.

"here ye, here ye, I proudly present their royal Highnesses,the Emperor and Empress." The eunuch announced and more cheers were heard.

The emperor then raised his hand and the crowd stopped and paid attention. "I hereby stand before you not as a Yurean prince but as your emperor; I, Myungsoo shall be your ruler." Myungsoo said and then extended a hand to hix wife, the Koryean primcess and now the Empress Taemin.

 "Though i am young of age, I shall be the father to this land, and thus Empress Taemin shall be your mother." He paused and the crowd applauded. 

"Today as our union was officiated, the lands of Koryo and Yurea n longer exists, but the land that we all stand on and dwell upon shall be the new country we shall call Korea. Two distnct cultures shall be united as one, under our reign, both land and their people shall equally grow in all aspects including values and tradition. We shall not fkrget our roots but rather, we shall enhance both lives, and no one will ever look down upon us." Myungsoo announced and everyone cheered loudly.

"let us remember the lives lost to keep this land and let us offer a moment of silence. For these brave souls had showed not only courage, but sincere love and compassion for his countrymen." They all paused and bowed their heads.

"Let the lives of our unnamed heroes of  war serve as our inspiration to live each day with patriotism." Myungsoo said and they all listened to te tribute hymn to te fallen soldiers along with the 21 gun salute.

"But we can never do it alone, we need each and everyone of you. So let us join hands and help this nation rise to the summit higher than the mountains on earth. For we are Koreans." Myungsoo ended his speech and the crowd applauded and cheered. 

Myungsoo waved a cpuple of times before he stepped back  side the palace only to have his knees partislly collapse and for Taemin to support her husband. "Are you okay your highness?" Taemin asked and Myungsoo smiled.

"Yes my love, just always be b my side and everything will be fine." Myungsoo uttered and Taemin blushed at his words.

"You sound mushy and overly sweet that I feel disguted just hearing you say it." They heard a voice and they instantly looked at the figure approaching them.

"Sunggyu hung!"Myungsoo ran and hugged his brother. "what took yo so long,  almost fainted delivering the coronation speech." Myungsoo said and Sunggy chuckled.

"I was listening, You did great don't worry." Sunggyu uttered.

"are you sure you wouldn't want to be emperor hyung?" Myungsoo asked and Sunggy nodded.

"I won't be able to have heirs if I become emperor and that would allow the council to have vested interest in the position." Sunggyu replied. "Besides, I am happy with what I have." Sunggyu said as they heard hurried footsteps.

"Sorry I am late." Jinki said and this time, it was Taemin who ran to her brother and embraced him tigtly. "Don't cry on your wedding day." Jinki uttered but Taemin couldn't control her tears.

Sunggyu stirred in bed and awoke from his slumber ss he felt the empty space next to him. He stood and gazed out of the window to see the bright full moon. He smiled wide and took to sweaters from the cabinet before he walked out of the back door and towars the lone tree in the middle of the field.

"You'll get cold." Sunggyu uttered as he drapped the sweater on Jinki's shoulders before he sat next to him and intertwined their fingers.

"With you I won't" Jinki replied the kissed Sunggyu's intertwined hand.

Sunggyu rested his head on Jinki's shoulder and they both gazed at the full moon. They were silent for a while before Jinki spoke. "Sunggyu, I want to thank you." Sunggyu looked at him with a confused expression. "Thank you for loving me and staing by my side." Sunggyu can't help but feel the tears form on the side of his eyes. And when Jinki pulled him in for a kiss, Sunggyu was lost in him.

"I love you so much Jinki." Sunggyu replied before chuckling, making Jinki confused. "remember lat time we were here, I was apologizing." Sunggyu said and Jinki nodded.

"But now we are here to enjoy each other." Jinki said and pulled Sunggyu up and dragged him back to their house. "we better mske this count, we have to train soldiers in thre days." Jinki siad and Sunggyu laughed heartily. 

"You bet we will." Sunggy giggled happily as he locked the door and pulled Jinki into a liplock.

...

"Your majesties, we need to go back to the palace for the training." Woohyun knocked on the bedroom door.

"Your highness, it will take two and a half days to travel back and yo hae your carraige, please cotinue it there." Key said and Woohyun gasped at him. "what? We do it there." Key mouthed and Woohyun blushed in embarassment.

"Okay, let it go guys." Jonghyun uttered as he emerged from the kitchen after checking up on hs wife. "Jinki hyng, Sunggyu hyug, If you don't get ready in five minutes, I will kick down this door and come in there to drag yo bot out. And no, I don't care if you are both . I mean it" Jonghyun grinned as the he herd a reply from the prince.

They emerged from their room walked towards the kitchen for breakfast beforenthey travelled back to the Korean Palace to head the training of the palace guards.

----

A/N: Lame ending I know right XD
Thanks for reading!