006

The Princes of North and South

Sunggyu was questioning his sanity because he hated Jinki the first time he saw him , but does a change of heart be this quick? He tossed and the bed, which he now knew was Jinki's, yet sleep hadn't visited him. Due to his frustration, he decided that perhaps some bread and milk would provide him something to distract himself from the thoughts about the Koryean prince. As he stepped, more of wobbled and skipped, towards the kitchen, he saw a figure walk out trough the back door. He was familiar with the frame and he was sue that it was Jinki, screw read and milk, he decided to follow him.

 

Jinki went to the lone tree, his sort of haven here on earth. He sat on the root and looked up at the silver moon, the light was glimmering yet not to bright to overcome the darkness that the night brougt in. He pondered on things, of what ifs and what nots. He was thinking of ways to mend a shatered heart, and to pretend like it didin't bother him. For all his years as a prince, he had never given up on any task whether it was small or big, yet on this fight, he had given up earlier and as a coward.

 

To be called filthy and undeserving, what should he feel about it? Should he feel angered or should he accept the truth that he and his people were just like that? But does tilling the soil and tending to the plants and animals make you filthy? Or is it the corruption of the leaders thst is inherent on most developed kingdoms that should be called filthy?

 

It was true that they could offer no dowry, lest for Onew's loyalty to his spouse and to his kingdom, but in a world where power, money and greed talk, what could his best offer give him? With the burden of Koryo's future resting on his shoulders, he let out his tears of his frustration. Was he really worthy to be called a prince when he himself could not protect his people; he was pathetic so to speak. Was life this hard?

 

 

Sunggyu watched Jinki from afar, his beautiful face glimmered in the moonlight that it took Sunggyu's breath away; Jinki was truly a work of art. But amidst the admiration he had for the beautiful face, a lone tear that fell from Jinki's eyes. Sunggyu didn't know why but the sight tugged at his hearstringsntha his heart was clenching painfully. He can't help but shed tears of his own, what was making him this sentimental?

 

Even if his mind hd protested against it, his body moved towards the prince couging slightly to get the attention of the Koryean Prince. Jinki looked up and quickly wiped away the tears on his face. Sunggyu sat down next to Jinki and sighed.

 

"Am I the cause of your tears?" Sunggyu asked which took Jink by surprise.

 

"No your majesty," Jinki replied but Sunggyu wasn't satisfied with the answer.

 

"I told you that it is Sunggyu." Sunggyu said a bit louder making Jinki flinch. "please tell me the truth." He added and Jinki looked up at the moon and remained silent. "your actions tell me that it is true." Sunggyu uttered.

 

"I don't want to hurt your feelings." Jinki replied.

 

"so you allow others to hurt yours?" Sunggyu asked back and Jinki nodded.

 

"Everyone regard my kingdom as trash and my people as filthy and unworthy." Jinki said and his words felt familiar. "They look down upon us, but as a prince, i have a duty to protect my people, I have to stuck up to their badmouthing and continue to be strong for my people." Jinki explained and Sunggyu felt guilty.

 

"I'm sorry." Sunggyu said, only realizing what his words had caused others, especially this man who had the world on his shoulders. 

 

"Sorry for what?" Jinki asked and Sunggyu sighed then took a deep breath.

 

"Because I am a jackass." Sunggyu asked and Jinki sighed and flashed him a bitter smile. "I am one of them, I looked down on your people." Sunggyu added.

 

"I know, you changed your mind?" Jinki asked and Sunggyu nodded. "what made you change your mind then?" He asked and Sunggyu blushed a bit.

 

"You." Sunggyu sounded like he was confessing and it made Jinki laugh loudly.

 

"You sound like you are confessing to me." Jinki remarked after a fit of laughter and Sunggyu blushed a shade darker.

 

"what if I am?" Sunggyu asked and it made Jinki realize the seriousness of the conversation.

 

Silence befall between them as the moon glowed brighter and the stars twinkled. It went really awkward so to speak but what could both do in a situation like that?

 

"You must be mistaken." Jinki uttered and Sunggyu shook his head.

 

"Your sister had told me a lot of things that is beyond the surface. I am honestly surprised to why I am behaving like this." Sunggyu said, trying to look for the right words that would express what he was feeling right now. "I have never felt this way before, I can't explan it in words." Sunggyu gave up on his speech.

 

Jinki took a deep breath and looked at the moon, an action that made Sunggyu breathless. "Maybe this will explain things better."Jinki said and cupped Sunggyu's cheeks and leaned in to connect their lips. 

 

Sunggyu was caught by surprise but as he felt the warmth of Jinki, his scent that was alluring and captivating, he closed his eyes and deepened the kiss. The kissed sealed the deal, the feeling of Jinki gave him security, like the world meant nothing, and their ranks are merely titles and not of other importance. When they broke the kiss, Sunggyu felt at loss, he wanted more of him. Sunggyu was sure he was blushing a deep shade of scarlet by the way Jinki was grinning at him.

 

"Sunggyu." The way Jinki uttered his name was sinful and it made Sunggyu want to smash their lips and taste every inch of him; as erted as it sounds, yes he wanted him. "do you..." Jinki's words was drowned out by Sunggyu kissing him and both prince was enjoying the warmth of each other, and they didn't care anymore.

 

"I think love you Jinki, please don't ask me why or how because this is the first time that I fekt this way so please let's quit the chase." Sunggyu said and it made Jinki smile.

 

"And here I am praying that you would love me to." Jinkis words were soothing that Sunggyu could only wrap is arms around the Koryean prince and rest his chin on his shoulder.

 

"You love me?" Sunggyu asked and Jinki nodded.

 

"Why would I agree to the unification in the first place?" Jinki said. "we met in my father's birthday when we were thirteen. You had taken my breath away with how handsome you were. You were snobbish and stuck up but you look so perfect, I just felt my heart race." Jinki's confession tugged at the heartstrings of the Yurean prince and that pushed the tears to fall from Sunggyu's eyes.

 

"you are mushy!" Sunggyu stated and they laughed heartily.

 

"For a change of heart, a day is quite fast." Jinki remarked.

 

"I was just in denial okay, I may have liked you when we met at the borders." Sunggyu replied and Jinki smiled to that.

 

"I can live with that." Jinki replied.

 

They intertwined their fingers and gazed at the moon. The silence enveloped them but it was comfortable, like this was meant to be. Sunggyu never felt at peace and his heart was warm and light. And without him knowing, sleep lulled him; perhaps it was the lullaby Jinki was humming orjust Jinki's voice but it was a very beautiful voice no doubt.

 

The next time he opened his eyes, he was feeling light as a feather. He searched for Jinki immediately but Woohyun's worried face greeted him.

 

"where's Jinki?" Sunggyu asked and the eunoch bowed at th prince.

 

"Your majesty, The Huns are fond to be approaching the Oryean border and Prince Onew had mobilized the Koryean troupe." Woohyun informed him and Sunggyu paled.

 

"how long would it take for the Huns to breach borders?" Sunggyu asked and Hoya answered for him.

 

"Seven days maximum, five the soonest." The guard replied and Sunggyu clenched his fists.

 

"mobilize our army, we will aid Koryo." Sunggyu informed them and Hoya immediately called for a messenger pigeon and sent in orders.