t h i r t y t h r e e

Night Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
     
Night Changes. -----------------------------------------------     Sitting on the chair with an exam paper in front of her, looking around herself as students coming in to the examination hall. She heave a soft sigh and breathe in and out before closing her eyes and pray. Her first exam paper starts today and she's nervous as its her final exam and this will determine her final grade. She needs to get a really high and good gpa because that's what she wanted, thats what she have in her mind when she first step into this world.    Time really does fly, really fast in fact. They are wrapping up everything for the first half year tomorrow. and tomorrow is Taemin's final game. Jinri is still thinking on whether she should go or not. Things are 'fine' between them two. No they did not get along or getting back together again. He's still as busy as she knows he'd be and they never actually look at each other just because she's busy with her studies and he's been spending most of his time on the field   She misses him, she wouldn't lie but she's still keep in her mind that he needs some space and some time and she wanted to stay away from him for a while if possible. She never thought studying would be so much easier when she never have Taemin in her mind. It was not a lie and surprisingly she passed her test and quizes.    Soojung told her that what she did was right and so does what he did to her. All he wanted is to focus on his practise and she wanted to study hard for her exam and Soojung knows exactly the situation is. It was hard for Soojung as well when she first got really busy and doesn't have much time to spend with Jongin and she even told Jinri that she almost asked Jongin the same thing as what Taemin asked her.    But maybe it's a lot harder for Taemin that he couldn't keep up with everything.    As the time fly by, her mind is with her as she read all the questions and trying to find the answers with sweats cover her hands and eyes getting heavier as she didn't get much sleep. The only thing she's hoping for right now is to get a dean's list. a pointer that's above what she wanted. a 4 flat maybe. who knows, she's a smart girl. really smart in fact. Minho and her parents knows that she'll do well    All she got to do is to focus on her studies and that's just it.    She look up to the massive clock and heave a soft sigh because any minute now , she'll be done with her last paper and she'll be away from this school for months and going back to Landcastle. stay there rather than going to Rome with Jongin and Soojung. She doesn't even feel like going anywhere, not for now.    Turning the page over and there it is, the final question that she needs to answer and she'll be free from this hard life she gets for the past few weeks. From hardwork and quizes to Taemin's. She bit her lower lip as she try to answer the last question , frowning a little when it gets a little bit tricky but finally she managed to find the answer and a soft smile appeared on her face.    Putting down her pen and put up her hand in the air for the representator to come over to check on her exam paper. "okay you're good to go. happy holidays" says the guy before taking her paper with him and Jinri let out a long breath out. Finally she's done, she's done with everything and how much she feel the burden had left her body and how much she wanted to go home. Minho's coming over tomorrow morning and their flight back to Landcastle is tomorrow night.    He'll just come by to pick his sister up and doesn't even mind about it, he wanted to spend some time at his aunt's anyways. Jinri got up from her seat, taking her stuffs up and walk out from the examination hall with a huge sigh of relief. She'll be heading to her aunt's before coming back tomorrow for Soojung's play.   She had her bags packed up already and she'll be taking them back to her aunt's so it'll be easier for Minho to help her. Soojung is sad to see Jinri going back home early. They promised each other to stay at each other's side but she couldn't help and felt sorry for Soojung. as much as she wanted to stay, her heart just telling her to go back and spend much time with her parents who must've misses her a lot.   Soojung's in the room when Jinri got back from taking her final exam and surprisingly the room looks almost empty when she have all her stuffs packed up and ready to bring them all to her aunt Fany's. "how was the exam?" asked Soojung when she saw Jinri coming in and close the door behind her. "rather good" and she sit back on her bed before pulling her hair up into a messy ponytail. "you'll get the best grade ever, trust me. i know you" says Soojung with a smile on her face before patting her best friend's back.    She knows that Jinri had gone through a lot for the past few weeks and she's more than proud that Jinri managed to get herself until today and do well in her exams. "are you really leaving?" she asked with a little frown on her face when she look back at Jinri, feeling so sad that she'll leave. "i'm sorry.. but i really do miss home"  pouting Soojung as she fold her legs together and look straight to her best friend.    "you're coming back right?" she asked as if she sense something from Jinri that she couldn't tell. not to anyone , not even Soojung. She remains silence and that moment Soojung knows that she's doubting on whether she wanted to stay here longer or just stop. "lets not talk about that. not now at least" she said and Soojung just nods her head and heave a sigh. "so you're not going to the game?" she asked though she knows that she should have   But she's hoping that Jinri would go   "i have no answer for that. it's a big game. it'll be so crowded.. and you know how much i hate being in the crowd" once again she nods and look down to her hands. "do you want to eat? i'm quite hungry" asks Jinri when obviously that she wanted to change the subject. "you're free the whole day today right?" and Soojung nods before getting up and take her jacket with her, agreed to go out and have some food before she head straight to her aunt's and spend a night there.     

 

"hey dude" he look back to see Taemin standing before the tennis fence and was actually surprised to see him there after so long and he actually talked. Jongin wipe off his sweat with the small towel as he walk back towards him. "lets grab something to eat at Hyde Park" and once again he's surprised that he finally get some time to actually go out from practising. He didn't say much and just agreed to his friend's plan. 

Taemin rarely ask to go out for a walk and grab something to eat, unless if he has something to talk and in need of someone to talk with. Jongin grab her training bag and drink the whole bottle of water before walking out from the tennis court, meeting his friend who's dressed up casually with his leather jacket on and both his hands in the pockets. "thought you're having a practise today" says Jongin though it might sound like he's saying bad about him, he's not and Taemin just let out a soft chuckle when they both walk away from the court. 

"the practise will start late, so i thought we could go for a walk at the park. it's a nice day though" it seems weird for Jongin to see his friend acting like this all over again and as if everything is all right and there's nothing wrong going on between him and Jinri. But Jongin didn't ask because he knows that he'll talk about it later. 

He will

The got out and talk a nice walk towards the park. It's just pure silence and they're enjoying the bright sunny day even though it's kind of cold now as winter is coming. Jongin knows that Jinri will be staying at their aunt's place tonight and she'll head back home tomorrow night but Taemin didn't. He knows nothing ..

and he's dying to know but afraid to ask

"why did you leave her man?" Jongin asked because he couldn't help and couldn't wait any longer. He saw how hard it was for Jinri to move on when she have her exams coming and how much she had to put a lot of hard work just to get great grades. They didn't blame him but it would be a lie that Jongin didn't get mad at Taemin. 

He didn't know what he'd done to Jinri and Jongin hates it because Jinri is such a strong girl, facing all these hardships alone. 

"i didn't .. i didn't leave her" breathed out the other guy and look down to his feet as they walk down the pavement by the massive lake. A long sigh escaped his mouth when he cup his face and run his fingers through his hair , it was hard for him as well. he knows he did the wrong thing. He knows that he shouldn't be saying that to her because to tell the truth, he didn't mean it , he didn't even think of saying that to her. he just need some space, some time to focus on everything 

But seeing her being alone and trying her best to make him happy when he couldn't do the same for her . He felt so bad because he thought he didn't give her enough like what she gave him. She gave everything that he needs, happiness, love yet he couldn't even be there for her. 

He admitted it that he gotten so selfish with everything but it's complicated

"it's complicated" he said to Jongin and another sigh escaped his mouth. "I didn't mean to leave her. i felt bad for her because she gave me everything that i need. she stays by my side and give me happiness, love.. yet i couldn't repay her any of that" he said and shake his head to himself, feeling so ashamed of what he'd done to her. 

"but this is my only chance Jongin. you know how much this means to me. if i don't do well, everything will be over, go​ne"

 

 

"hows everything going with you and Jongin?" asked Jinri after they finished their late lunch. "we're doing well. i don't know why but i think your cousin had gotten really odd these past few days" that made Jinri laugh softly and it means a lot for Soojung to see her smile and laugh after a while. "and why's that?" 

"he talked in his sleep these past few days and there's a time he even sleep walking and being all weird" she laughs but then caught Jinri looking at her "were you've been sleeping with him for the past few days?" it caught her when her cheeks suddenly turns bright red and Jinri's eyes went wide 

"omygod Soojung. no wonder you never come back to our room for days. you told me you had practise that finished really late!" she still couldn't believe that Soojung had slept with Jongin multiple of times. they slept and nothing more than that. "i was! it was until late at night and i had to stay at the theater room until 4. He came to accompany me" she said and look down to her hands, still couldn't believe that she's telling her best friend about this

"and you went to sleep with him at his room?" asked Jinri and Soojung just nod slowly. "i mean, you were obviously asleep and i don't want to wake you up" she said and Jinri scoffed before her "and went to his room didn't wake Taemin's up, like that wasn't it?" and for the first time Soojung heard Jinri mentioned Taemin's name after so long and it doesn't seem like she realise what she just did

"H-he's not even there for few days" once again she scoff but chuckle softly at Soojung. "it's not like you'd never done it before!" says Soojung and Jinri's eyes went wide. She remember the night he came down to London just to meet her and they had so much fun wandering around London until late at night and he asked her to stay with him for a night. 

It was definitely one of her favourite nights, they talked, they laughs and they cuddle with few kisses here and there with i love yous every now and then. 

She look away and heave a soft sigh before she changed the subject "are we done here? i better get going because i think aunt Fany's waiting for me" she said and quickly got up from her seat and she thought Soojung didn't realise the changes on her face right after she said that to her

Soojung saw it , but she remain silence. 

They got out and paid the bills before stopping at the tube station. "do well tomorrow. i'll be there to cheer for you" says Jinri with her bright smile though she looks very tired and there's dark circles under her eyes, that bright smile really shows how beautiful she is no matter in what condition she is. She patted Soojung's back and left to catch the tube to her aunt's. 

It only took her 3 minutes to get there and now she's standing before the door with her two luggage next to her. She ring the bell and waited for few seconds before the door was pulled open. "good grief, i though you're taking just one bag to go back home" she said when she saw Jinri's bag next to her and laughs before her beautiful yet exhausted niece. "well at least help me with my bag" she said and her aunt just laugh before helping her. 

She gets inside and instantly crash herself onto the comfy sofa and heave a very long sigh. "how was the exam?" she furrow at the voice and clearly it's not her aunt's. She look up to her left to see Minho coming out from the back room. Jinri gasped when she saw her brother who's finally here in London when he was supposedly coming here tomorrow morning. "omg what are you doing here? i thought you flight's tomorrow?" she asked and still couldn't believe it

It's good to see him back after awhile, sometimes she just love to see her brother because sometimes talking to Minho really helps her and he's very good at giving advice though some might sound like it doesn't make any sense but Jinri likes it. He came closer and give his little sister a hug before taking a seat before her. "i thought of coming early and surprise you" he said and just laughs softly. 

"well you did. you know i don't fancy surprises" she said and Minho turn to look at his aunt who's at the back making some tea and she look back, meeting her nephew and Jinri saw that they were look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter