Chapter 7

Switch Sequel: Double Trouble [DISCONTINUED]

“Si-eun?!” “Mi-eun?!”

“Kwangmin?!” “Youngmin?!”

“You guys know each other? That’s wonderful!” Mr. Jo exclaimed.

The seven of them took a seat and waited for their ordered dinner to arrive. Once the food arrived, the adults started talking about the deal.

“How did you guys agree on this?” Mi-eun asked.

“We didn’t know anything. We were informed just right when we arrived. Dad always brings us to company meetings and such, so we had no idea. How about you guys?” Youngmin asked.

“It just happened.” Si-eun shrugged.

Kwangmin scoffed. “What are you going to do with your boyfriends then?”

“We’re going to keep our relationship with them. This arranged marriage is a secret between our families. No one must know about this. And I’m going to divorce you anyway.” Si-eun firmly said.

“And who says we’re going to follow you? By the time we divorce, Leo and Ken might have already found someone else.” Kwangmin challenged.

“Guys, cut it out.” Youngmin stopped them.

“Wait. Who’s marrying who?” Mi-eun asked.

 

When realization hit them, they turned to their parents.

“Is there something wrong? Do you guys not like the food?” Mrs. Im asked.

“Who’s marrying who?” The four asked.

“Of course, the elder to the elder and the younger to the younger.” Mr. Jo said.

Si-eun heaved a sigh. “Thank god, at least I didn’t get to be paired with that idiot.”

“So, you’re the elder twin, huh?” Kwangmin asked.

“Obviously, yes.” Si rolled her eyes.

After the meal, Mr. Im spoke up. “We’ve decided to find houses within the week, so you guys might be able to move next week. I’ll make sure the two houses are next to each other.”

“And we’re going to start preparing for the wedding next week as well.” Mr. Jo added.

 

Arriving in their mansion, Youngmin wanted to have a talk with his brother.

“What is it?”

“I have a favor to ask.” The elder started. “I know you may not like it, but please hear me out. You know, it’s kind of obvious that I’m interested in Mi-eun—”

“No. I know where this is going.” Kwangmin cut him off.

“Kwangmin-ah…”

“What’s the point? We’re going to divorce anyway. Just accept that you have no chance against Ken. And if we ever do switch and she miraculously fell for you, she would think it’s me anyway.”

“We won’t know if we don’t try.” Youngmin argued.

“Hyung, if she ends up liking you and finds out that it’s Youngmin disguised as Kwangmin whom she fell for, she will get mad! Worse, if she doesn’t end up liking you and we would get discovered.”

“I can handle that. Leave it to me. I can explain everything if we ever get caught.”

“I can’t believe you’re actually pleading me to agree with the switch…but, I don’t think I can act nice to Si-eun.”

“Don’t worry. She won’t bicker with you since you’d be disguised as Youngmin.”

Kwangmin sighed. “I can’t believe any of this. First, the arranged marriage and now, the switch.”

 

The next morning, Monday, back to the usual boring classes, the female twins met up with VIXX.

“Hey, good morning. Sorry, we weren’t able to go out during the weekend. We had some family issues.” Mi-eun greeted her boyfriend.

“It’s alright. The six of us went out anyway.” Ken answered.

Sojin, Mina, Yura, and Hyeri (or Girls’ Day as they call themselves) arrived.

“Hi, oppa!” Sojin hugged Leo’s arm.

“Yah, are you a leech?! Always clinging onto Leo like that…” N yelled at Sojin.

“Please someone stop them before another bickering starts.” Yura sighed.

Upon seeing Hyuk, Si-eun decided to change the topic. “I have an idea! Since we weren’t able to have a date during the weekend, why don’t we have a date this Friday after classes?”

“What date? We don’t have girlfriends!” Hongbin pointed out.

“Yeah, we’ll be like third, fourth, fifth, up to nth wheel.” Ravi added.

“Going out on a date doesn’t necessarily mean you need a girlfriend. Hyuk and Hyeri can pair up, then Bin and Yura, Ravi and Mina, and N and Sojin.” Si-eun gave Hyuk a meaningful look.

“WHAT?! There’s no way I’m going on a date with him/her!” N and Sojin argued.

“They even speak in unison.” Leo muttered.

“Anyway, that’s a great idea! Let’s meet on Friday after school then! Let’s head to our classes before we get late.” Mina said, ignoring the complaining pair.

 

 

When they arrived in their room, Hyuk sat beside Si-eun since the Jo twins haven’t arrived yet.

“Si! Why did you do that?”

“What’s wrong? I told you I’ll help you. Don’t worry, you’ll definitely enjoy!”

“I think it will be awkward. I’m not really good in this kind of stuff.”

“Just be yourself, Sanghyuk. Hyeri’s a nice girl. I’m sure you two will be just fine.”

The two turned their heads when someone cleared his throat.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Talk to you later at lunch, Si!” Hyuk bid as he went to his seat.

“Morning, Youngmin!” Si-eun greeted as the male sat beside her.

“Morning.” He awkwardly greeted back.

“You’re kind of weird today. Is there something wrong?” Si-eun cautiously asked.

“Uhh…no…no. I’m just a little tired.”

“You should’ve just taken a rest. If you’re not feeling well, just tell me. I’ll accompany you to the nurse room.” She flashed him a warm smile.

“Yeah, sure. Thanks.”

 

When the clock struck 12 noon, the male twins were left in the classroom; they decided not to go to the cafeteria.

“Hyung, I think it’s not that bad to be Youngmin. Si-eun’s really being nice. It feels weird.” Kwangmin said as he rested his legs on his desk.

“Why? What did she do?”

“I was being awkward because I’m anxious of the switch. She asked if there’s something wrong. I just told her I’m tired, and then she kept on asking me if I’m not feeling well after every subject.”

“Si-eun’s really kind, you know. I don’t know why you two just don’t get along.”

“Let’s just say our first meeting wasn’t good.”

“Who knows? You might fall for her. Disregarding your façade, your heart is weak when it comes to nice girls. You easily give in. See? Just a little concern from Si-eun, you’re already feeling weird.”

Kwangmin laughed. “You’re kidding, right? There’s no way I will fall for Si-eun.”

“You need to expect the unexpected. Sooner or later, I might be the one laughing at you for eating your own words.”

 

Wednesday came. Mr. Jo and Mr. Im announced that they have already found houses and the two pairs of twins can move in as soon as after their classes.

Si-eun sighed. “This whole thing is pathetic. We don’t even get to choose our own houses. They’re controlling everything. Youngmin-ah, no offense, but is your dad normally like this?”

Kwangmin nervously glanced at Youngmin. He’s sensitive when it comes to that topic.

“He’s been like that ever since mom died.” Youngmin faked a cold reply.

“I’m not talking to you.” Si-eun retorted.

“Kwangmin became like that after mom’s death as well. He…doesn’t really like talking about it.” Kwangmin managed to answer.

“Now, learn when to shut your mouth. It’s a sensitive topic.” Mi-eun covered her twin’s mouth before she can bicker again.

 

After classes, Hongnbin and Hyuk offered the female twins to hangout.

“We would like—”

“.” Mi-eun was cut-off by ‘Youngmin’.

“We have a problem. Don’t go anywhere. Wait for us here. I just need to discuss something with my brother.” ‘Youngmin’ dragged ‘Kwangmin’ out of the room and went to a more secluded area.

“What’s wrong, Kwangmin?” Youngmin asked his panicking brother.

“Dad’s fetching us from here and will drive us to our houses to make sure we move in. He also mentioned we’ll have a family dinner.”

“What’s wrong about that?”

“Hyung! Dad can tell who’s who between the two of us! We need to switch back.”

“Oh , you’re right. Well, we don’t have much problem. We just need to remove our wigs and switch name tags.”

The two males went to the restroom and did the deed.