CHapter 8

Switch Sequel: Double Trouble [DISCONTINUED]

“What happened?” Mi-eun asked as the male twins came back to their classroom.

“I’m sorry but your friends can’t hangout with you today.” Youngmin told Hongbin and Hyuk and grabbed Si-eun’s hand.

As the Im twins were being dragged, students started chattering.

“Hey, hey, Youngmin! What’s the skniship for? Can you let go? What the hell is going on?” Si-eun asked.

“Dad’s here. Just behave. He’ll drive us to our houses to make sure we move in. We’ll have a family dinner as well.”

“Daebak! Your dad is really amazing.” Si-eun sarcastically commented.

“Si-eun?” “Mi-eun?”

The two pairs of twins stopped on their tracks.

“Oh, Leo, I’ll call you later. We have some urgent personal matter.” Si-eun said and continued to be dragged again.

Mi-eun just gave Ken an apologetic glance.

The two didn’t notice that their boyfriends were eyeing their hands holding with another guy.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” The four greeted Mr. Jo.

“It’s nice to see you guys are getting along well. Get in the car. I hope you’ll like your new home. We’ve moved in all your stuff, so you don’t have anything to worry about. Mr. and Mrs. Im are already there preparing dinner.”

 

After the ‘awkward’ dinner at Si-eun and Youngmin’s house, the two couples heaved a sigh. They didn’t even get to tour around the house before eating. So Si-eun and Mi-eun decided to roam around.

“Let’s switch while the two are exploring the house.” Youngmin said.

Kwangmin sighed and followed his hyung’s order anyway.

 

“One room?!” The male twins heard a shout as soon as they finished switching. Soon, they heard hurried footsteps down the stairs.

“Yah! How can there have only one room?! Don’t they have at least a guest room?” Si-eun said.

“Our dad is smart enough to know that we might sleep in different rooms so he picked a house with only one room on purpose.” Youngmin answered (who’s now disguised as Kwangmin).

“We could actually agree that you two will stay in one house while Kwangmin and I stay in the other, but don’t underestimate our dad. He already thought of that before we could even think of it, that’s why we have CCTVs in the house.” Kwangmin added.

“Does that mean we have no other choice but to really live as couples?” Mi-eun gaped. “This .”

“I am really speechless about this. Aren’t CCTVs already too…creepy?! I mean…how can I live in this house comfortably when I know that someone is watching my every move?” Si-eun sat on the couch.

 

“I suggest we just do what he wants. We have no other choice. We’ll be going to our house now.” Youngmin said and started to drag Mi-eun with him.

“Yah, Jo Kwangmin, don’t do anything funny to my sister!” Si-eun made sure to shout at him before they could close the door.

She turned to the male beside her. “I don’t get along with your twin, but I can trust him with my sister, right?”

*The twin you don’t get along well is the one in front of you, babo.* Kwangmin thought. “Don’t worry about them. It’s a pretty tiring day. Let’s just rest.”

 

Si-eun couldn’t sleep. She’s been turning here and there.

Kwnagmin must have been pissed. “Why do you keep moving around?”

“I’m sorry. I can’t sleep…Youngmin…” She called.

“Hm?”

“Did I make the right decision?” She asked. “When dad told us about the arranged marriage, I was sure I would never agree. But I saw my dad crying and I know he’s having a hard time, so I told myself we could at least sacrifice for him. I’m even thankful that we’re arranged to you and Kwang. It’s more comfortable, because you guys are someone we know. I’m confident about the divorce after my dad’s company is back to life, but what if something happens? I’m afraid that Leo and Ken will be mad at us.”

“…..I’m sorry.”

Si-eun turned to him. “For what?”

“I feel like we’re the antagonist because of our dad.”

“No, you’re not. Anyway, if you don’t mind me asking, what happened to your mom?”

Kwangmin flinched. “…Dad…and mom were poor. Mom got weak after giving birth to the two of us. When we turned 10, her condition worsened. Raising two kids gave them large expenses. We didn’t have enough money to pay for the hospital bills, that’s why…”

He didn’t even notice he was already crying until he felt Si-eun’s thumb wiping his tears away. “It must be hard on you for keeping strong in front of Kwangmin. I think he’s like that because he’s mad to the world that he lost his mom, but I’m sure your mom would be happy if she sees Kwangmin smiling and be the Kwangmin she knows. I would like to tell him that, but I’m not in good terms with him, so you should advice that to him.”

“I-I…will…” Kwangmin awkwardly looked away and turned around. “Good night, Si.”

 

The next morning, the two pairs of twins arrived together in school, creating murmurs among students. The female twins’ friends were waiting for them by the gate.

“Oppa!” Si-eun ran to give Leo a bear hug.

“You guys have been getting closer, huh.” Hongbin commented.

“We saw them on our way, so we decided to walk all together.” Mi-eun explained.

“Eh? The way to Youngmin and Kwangmin’s house is the other direction.” Sojin frowned.

“We’ve moved.” Youngmin answered.

“It’s nice to hear you talking, Kwang.” Hyeri told him.

Si-eun noticed Hyuk trying to hide his jealousy.

 

Lunch time came and the female twins were dining with the guys.

“Finally, we got to all together again. I felt like you two were being stolen by those new twins.” N spoke up.

“Don’t be like that. They’re nice. It’s just that things at home are not in a good shape.” Mi-eun sadly said.

Ken took her hand in his and caressed it. “You can always tell me. I’m all ears if you need someone to speak with.”

That made Mi-eun guiltier about hiding the arranged marriage from them. She gave her twin a knowing glance. “I know, Ken. Thank you.”

“Just always remember that we are all here for you guys. And I’m pretty sure your parents will handle the situation.” Leo said.

Si-eun leaned her head on Leo’s shoulder. “Thank you, guys, really.”

 

When the clock hit the dismissal time, Mi-eun and Si-eun were in a dilemma.

“C’mon, it’s been a while since we walked you guys home.” Ken said.

The female twins shared a worried look. Youngmin and Kwangmin walked to them.

“Mi, Si, Let’s go ho—” Kwangmin stopped himself when he noticed the girls’ boyfriends.

“Were you going to say ‘home’?” Leo narrowed his eyes at Kwangmin.

 

“Well, yeah, they offered us to walk home together after classes this morning, right Young?” Si-eun made up an excuse and sent Kwangmin a knowing glance.

“I don’t like how you guys seem to cling to our girlfriends all the time. Don’t offer them such thing again, from now on, we’ll walk them home.”

“Hyung.” Ken called Leo for his rude words.

Kwangmin smirked. “Why? They are already your girlfriends, but why are you afraid to let them be with some other guys? Don’t you trust them? Or perhaps, you see that we have the potential to make them fall for us instead?”

“Youngmin!” The two girls were gaping at him.

“We trust them. It’s you two we don’t trust.” Ken said.

“Well, I guess we’ll see who’ll win in the end.” Kwang challenged.

Leo and Ken dragged their girlfriends away.

“What happened to you, Jo Kwangmin? I know almost everyone know about my obvious interest in Mi-eun, but you gave it all away with your bold words. You turned my image into a bad boy. Was that all an act?” His twin interrogated him.

“No, hyung. It was the real Kwangmin who spoke those words, not an act for Youngmin.”

Youngmin gave him a confused look.

“I guess you were right. I’d eat my own words. I need her, hyung.”

“Just what exactly happened last night?”

“She reminds me of Mom. Her care, warmth, and love reminded me of her.”

“No, you’re not falling for her. You’re just overwhelmed by the fact that she reminds you of Mom.”

“Shouldn’t you be happy? You like Mi, and I’m starting to like Si. We’re on the same boat now.”

Youngmin sighed. This is my entire fault. I’m sorry. I’ll be responsible and fix this.

 

“We’re sorry about Youngmin. He’s just stressed about his family problems.” Mi-eun stated; they were on their way home

“Wow, you guys must have really become pretty close for you to know his family problems.” Ken muttered.

“Look, guys. We know you dislike them, but please…like we said, our family is going through some hardship these days. We’re helping our parents so can’t you just understand and trust us on this?”

“What do Jo’s have to do with this?” Leo asked.

“It’s a long confusing personal story, so just please trust us, okay?”

When they arrived in front of their house, the twins waited for their boyfriends to leave before walking to their houses with their fiancés.

“Si, is there an end to this? I don’t like seeing Jaehwan hurt.”

“I don’t know, Mi. Let’s just always remind ourselves that we’re doing this for Dad.”

 

As soon as the last bell rang, everyone couldn’t wait to go home. TGIF. It’s also D-Day for the group date. Ravi, Hongbin, Hyuk, Mina, Yura, and Hyeri agreed to hold hands and act like couples to piss N and Sojin off. And it worked.

“No way!” They said in unison.

“Oh, c’mon. It’s just for fun.” Yura said.

“Yeah, look, even the maknaes agreed to it.” Si-eun pointed to the all-shy-and-blushing Hyuk with Hyeri.

“If you guys can’t do it naturally just like friends, then it means you have feelings for each other.” Mi-eun teased.

“That will never happen!” They said as they hesitantly grab each other’s hands.

“It’s entertaining to watch them talk in unison all the time.” Leo said.

“Is everything settled? Let’s go!” Ken yelled and they started to walk to the nearby mall.

“Yah! Your hand is so clammy!” Sojin yelled at N.

“It’s not mine! It’s yours!” N retorted.

Their friends ignored them as the two continued to bicker.