Chapter 6

Switch Sequel: Double Trouble [DISCONTINUED]

After days of practicing, d-day has finally come! Everyone, especially the performers, was busy and getting ready for the party. Si-eun and Mi-eun were both surprised when a pair of arms wrapped around each of their waist. They smiled, knowing it was their boyfriends.

“Good luck to all of us.” The twins cheered.

“We haven’t spent time much together because we’re all busy for the performance, but after this party I can definitely have you all to myself.” Ken grinned.

“Ken’s right. We can finally have some more time together.”

“Aw, we miss you too, guys; not just you two, but the rest of the boys as well.” Mi-eun said.

“Now, we still have a performance. Go and get ready, VIXX, as how you call yourselves, has a special opening number!” Si-eun gave Leo’s lips a peck before shoo-ing him to get ready.

“I’ll see you later.” Ken winked at Mi-eun and gave her a peck before following Leo.

 

After the last minute preparation, everyone is good to go. The party started with two songs from VIXX entitled Eternity and Error which made the audience go wild. Then the special performances from the students were next on the lineup.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwOPQhwnd1E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbkae2d2z9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr5wyaAfjrM dance trio

 

“I’m so glad your stage fright has completely disappeared.” Ken kissed Mi-eun’s cheek as they arrived at the backstage.

“Yah, you two! How can you not tell us the concept of your performance, huh?! It’s too…dirty.” Si-eun scolded Ken and Leo.

Si received a light knock on her head. “Babo. What ‘dirty’? The right term is ‘sensual’.”Hongbin said.

“It’s the same thing!”

“Cut it out, okay? Both hyungs and the twins did well, so let’s party now!” Hyuk pushed everyone out of the backstage to the dance floor.

 

Meanwhile…

“Annyeonghaseyo, it’s nice to meet you, Mr. Im.”

“It’s an honor to meet you, Mr. Jo. May I know why you wanted to meet me?”

“I’ve heard that your company is dying, so you’re looking for an investor.”

“Yes, that’s true. Are you possibly interested to invest, Mr. Jo?”

“Rather than being interested, I wanted to make some deal. If you agree, I’ll invest.”

“What deal is it?”

“You have twin daughters, right?”

Mr. Im nodded.

“What a coincidence! This must be fate. I have twin sons. The deal that I was talking about is an arranged marriage between our sons and daughters.”

“Mr. Jo…t-that’s…I don’t know…I don’t think I can sacrifice my own daughters. They won’t like this. And, they have their boyfriends.”

“Think about it, Mr. Im. You company’s future will depend on your decision. You can contact as soon as you have decided.”

 

 

On a Saturday morning, the twins woke up late due to last night’s party.

“Good morning, mom and dad.” They greeted.

“You two must’ve had lots of fun last night, huh?” Their mom teased.

She nudged her husband. “Talk to them. I’m sure they’ll understand.”

“Talk about what?” Mi-eun asked.

Their dad cleared his throat. “Mi, Si, you see…dad’s company is going bankrupt right now. Fortunately, there’s an interested investor, but he wants to make a deal.”

“I have a bad feeling about this. What’s his deal?” Si-eun sighed.

“He wants the two of you to have an arranged marriage with his sons.”

“WHAT?!” Mi-eun stood up from her seat.

“Already saw it coming.” Si-eun rolled her eyes.

“Yah, how can you be so calm about this?” Mi hit her twin.

“Simple. Because I won’t agree to it.”

“What did you tell him, dad?” Mi-eun asked.

“I didn’t give him any answer, yet. I already told him that I can’t sacrifice my own daughters and you two already have boyfriends.”

“Then, that’s it. Tell him you don’t agree with his stupid deal. There are lots of other investors out there. He’s not the only one.” Si-eun said.

 

“Si, no one wants to invest in your dad’s company any longer, because they believe it will reach its end soon. This investor is the only one who has the guts to approach your dad and offer an investment.” Their mom said.

“Is there no other way to save the company?” Mi-eun massaged her temples.

“Unfortunately, there’s none. I don’t want to agree either. Leo and Ken are nice guys and I trust them. But I don’t even know these two sons of his. I don’t think I can entrust you two to those guys for a lifetime.”

“Whatever happens, I’m not marrying his son.” That was Si-eun’s decision until later that night.

 

When she thought everyone was already asleep, she sneaked out of their room and went to the kitchen to get some midnight snacks. She stopped on her tracks when she heard someone crying, their father. Si-eun sighed. “Once dad’s company is back to life, I can divorce with that guy, right? I’m too young to get married though. I didn’t know arranged marriage is still a thing nowadays.” She talked to herself, and retreated to their room.

 

The next morning was a chaos.

“WHAT?!” their father, mother, and Mi-eun stood from their seats.

“Isn’t that what you want? Why are you acting like this?”

“S-si…what about Leo?” Mi-eun asked.

“Who says I’m breaking up with him? I love Leo and I’m not planning on giving up our relationship. This arranged marriage thing should only be kept within us.”

“But that’s wrong…” Mi argued.

“That’s not wrong! Leo is the guy I love! I’m just agreeing to this for dad’s sake!”

“B-but Si-eun ah, are you sure about this decision?” Their mom asked.

“Yesterday you wanted us to agree with this, now that I’m agreeing, you’re asking me that. You guys are confusing. I can divorce with that dude once dad’s company is back anyway.”

 

That’s how they ended up in a fancy restaurant later that night; they were going to meet their soon-to-be-husbands.  A man older than their dad approached their table. He shook hands with him and greeted each other. Their mom, Mi-eun, and Si-eun stood up and bowed.

“As expected, your daughters are beautiful!” He exclaimed. “I’m Mr. Jo, the investor of Mr. Im’s company. Let me introduce you my sons.” He called in two guys in which made the four teenagers’ eyes widened.