[HoMi & JinMi] Waiting for Love

A PINK and THE BOYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oppa! I’m coming!” Bomi waved at him while flashing a big smile on her face, before she came approach him.

She sat down on the race-field behind him, and soon after, he resting his back on hers. “Did you bring me something, Bbom?”

Bomi widened her eyes before she tilted her head so she could see his face. “How could you know?” she said while handed him his favorite food, hamburger.

“Because you always bring one for me after I won the athletic game. Pabo,” he flicked her temple lightly, but it was enough to make the girl flinched.

“Oppa, that’s hurt,” Bomi pouted.

He chuckled, ignoring her while he started to lean his head on the back of her shoulder. “So what do you think? I did great this time, right? I won a silver medal.”

“You’re still the second place. That’s not good enough,” Bomi shook her head.

“Yah, it wasn’t easy that you think. My rival is too strong,”

“So, you should do more! Do you want people recognize you as Lee Howon – the runner up tournament specialist?” she scoffed.

Howon snorted before munching the last bite of his hamburger inside his mouth.

A silence had created between them, before Bomi started to break it. “Howon oppa,” she called.

“Um?” Howon said without turning his head toward the younger.

“Do you think we’ll be married someday?”

“W-What?” He almost choked on his own food. “D-Do you mean the two of us? T-together?”

“A-aniya…” Bomi immediately shook her head. “Don’t get misunderstanding. I mean… w-we’ll get married with the others.”

Howon let out a chuckle. “Of course. We’ll be married…” he said before turning his gaze to her. “… With someone that we loved.”

Bomi quickly leered her eyes to the opposite direction, avoiding the eye-contact. “Y-Yes… We’re gonna find them soon.”

Another silence created. And this time, Howon was being the first to spoke. “Bbom-ah…”

“Y-yes?” still stuttering, she turned to face him again.

“Did you ever think that you’ll be married with me someday?”

Bomi choked on her own saliva, causing her to cough suddenly. “W-what are you talking about?”

Howon escaped another chuckle before he looked up to the sky. “Forget it. I’m just joking.”

Howon still laughed along, Bomi did the same thing. But the eldest didn’t notice that it was the fake one. She was wishing that he will propose her, for true. But what can she do? Lee Howon seems didn’t feel what she feels.

***

 

8 Years Later

“Hey, Bbom,” Howon greet as the girl opened the door of her dorm widely to him.

“Hey,” she greets back added with a yawn, since it’s still 7 in the morning. “What makes you come here in this early, oppa?”

“Let’s hang out today,” he said with a grin on his face.

Bomi raised an eyebrow. “What is it? I don’t even brush my teeth.”

“Eugh,” Howon fake a disgust face as he places his hands on her shoulder, before pushed her inside lightly. “Go brush your teeth and change your clothes. There’s something I want to talk about with you.”

“Yah, why don’t we talk about it here?” Bomi tried to protest, but she kept on walking under his ‘push over’.

“Your friends will hear us,”

Bomi stopped, so the eldest bumped at her. “They’re still sleeping. Don’t need to worry about them.”

“Aigoo~ Jung Eunji’s stubbornness must be move to you now,” he ruffled her hair. “Actually… My parents want you to come with me to a dinner party. And I want to take you for shopping.”

“Should I come too?” Bomi asked nonchalantly.

“Bbom,” Howon rolled his eyes. “Of course, you are. Our families have known each other since we were child. And –“

“Okay, you don’t need to keep repeating the ancient of our families. And okay, I’ll go with you,” she cut the eldest before she walked toward the bathroom. “I’ll be ready in 10 minutes.”

 

An hour later, they already arrived at one of classy boutique in Gangnam-Gu. Bomi has chosen a long satin dress with soft pink as the color. She came out from the changing room in order to asking his opinion.

“I… like it. It suits you so much,” Howon swallowed over her presence. He admitted that she looked beautiful. He hadn’t seen her in a dress since 2 years ago when they attended Mnet Asia Music Awards 2013 along with their groups.

“I like it too. So, I think I’ll pick this,” she said before close the curtain of the changing room. And less than 5 minutes, she came out and brought the dress to the cashier.

“The party is on Saturday. Just a week before we make a comeback with our group,” he reminded when he paid the price for the dress.

“I’ll go first. Meet me at the dorm,” Bomi was about to leave but Howon held her wrist and made her turned around.

“I was wondering if you wanted to go grab some lunch with me,” he said. “It will be my treat.”

Bomi pulled out her hand and stepped backward slowly. “I’m sorry, Howon oppa. It’s too dangerous for us. Next time maybe,” she refused while giving him a brief smile.

Howon nodded and watched her leave. He knew that he will not able to get close with her since they already became popular idols in this country. They surely didn’t want to make public misunderstood with their closeness.

***

 

8 Years Ago

The weather was getting cold and Howon shoved his hands inside his coat before he headed toward outside his family mansion. That was when he found the girl was sitting all alone.

“Bbom-ah?” he greeted and made the girl shifting her seat from the bench and backed away.

Howon decided to join her.

“What’s wrong with you? You’ve been avoiding me by all of the sudden. Did I do something wrong?” he frowned while watching her stiff back. He found that she had acted weird during these weeks.

“N-No. Nothing happened,” she said while still gazing at anything surrounds her except him.

“Don’t lie,” he places his hands on her shoulders, moving it so he could see her face. “Tell me. I’m still your best friend, right?”

“I said nothing happened,” she suddenly got up from her seat. “I should go back to home now.”

“Hey, the dinner isn’t finish yet,”

“I just need to be alone for a while. I’ll tell you everything soon,” she flashed him a smile before she walked away. And after that day, she never told him anything. She never came back as the previous Yoon Bomi – the best friend of Lee Howon. She didn’t talk to him and avoided him whenever he came to visit her. She never congratulated him when Woolim Entertainment contacted him as one of the member of Infinite. And she never told him that she finally joining A Pink under A Cube Entertainment. He finally found the news by himself when he accidentally met her at the backstage of the music show.

***

 

PRESENT – The Lee Mansion, Busan.

“Are you done, Bbom?” Howon knocked on the door of the guest bedroom on his house. “I’m opening the door now.”

As the door opened, Howon was being freezing for some minutes. Bomi had barely gotten the zipper of her dress zipped. Actually, seeing her bare skin wasn’t new to him anyway. She used to run around with him with loose pants only at the elementary. And he knows that it was different this time.

“Oppa-ya, what are you doing there? Come here and help me!” she hissed, while still trying to get the zipper up.

Howon snapped out of it and help her to take care of the stuck zipper.

“You look good,” he said while staring at her from head to toe.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter