[BaekJi] Start Again

A PINK and THE BOYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baekhyun oppa! I’m coming!” Eunji waved to him, throwing him a clean towel. “Good job for today!”

Baekhyun smiled before he sat down in the field grass behind her. “Where’s my chocolate ice cream?” he asked as he resting his back on hers.

Eunji copying his smile before handed him the ice cream. “How’s your progress?”

“As you could see,” he smiled, leaning his head on the back of her shoulder. “I always did great in hapkido.”

“Self-praising again,” Eunji rolled her eyes, and Baekhyun chuckled because of it.

A silent created as Baekhyun started to eat the ice cream, while Eunji looked up at the sky.

“Oppa,” she tried to break the silence.

“Um?”

“Do you think we’ll be married someday?”

“What?” Baekhyun almost spit out his ice cream. “Do you mean the two of us? Together?”

“N-no, not t-together with you, I mean—“

“Oh, okay, I understand,” he smirked. “Of course, we’ll be married with someone that we loved.”

Another silence created, and this time Baekhyun spoke out first.

“Eunji, don’t say that you have a random thought that you wanted to marry me in the future?”

Eunji cough awkwardly. “What are you talking about? Are you joking?”

“Forget it, then,” Baekhyun chuckled, this time it’s a fake one.

***

 

“W-what? You will move to Seoul?” Eunji’s eyes widened as she heard about the sudden news.

Baekhyun nodded. “Yeah, I will move since I’d already sign a contract to be one of trainee in SM Entertainment. They said that they will prepare a new boy group project soon.”

“B-but you promised me that we will join singing contest next year together,”

“I’m sorry, Eunji,” Baekhyun sigh. “Being a professional singer is my biggest dream. So, I’ll not let this big chance to slip away.”

Baekhyun could see a disappointment from the girl’s eyes.

“Alright,” she shrugged. “It’s being your decision already. Then go ahead. You have to be a successful idol in the future, I’m sure you can do it. Make me proud, Byun Baekhyun,” Eunji formed a smile as she patted the eldest shoulder. 

Baekhyun replied by giving another smile, a thin smile for sure. “Thanks Eunji-ya. And you have to chase your dream too.”

“I will. Wait for me there, okay?” she grinned.

Baekhyun nodded. “Of course. Okay then, I should go to the station now. See you again, Ji.”

He turned around and bit his lower lip before he walked away. He walked slowly as he really hope that Eunji will call him, and gave him at least a warm hug as their farewell.

 

“Baekhyun oppa,”

And his heart suddenly stopped when he could hear that she called him. Baekhyun turned his body around, he saw Eunji was still didn’t move from her previous place.

“I’m gonna see you again in SBS Inkigayo!” she beamed and waved at him, while Baekhyun mentally slap himself because the thing that he wished, wasn’t the same as the reality that he faced.

***

 

2 Years later, both Baekhyun and Eunji finally could reach their dreams as a professional singer together – though they didn’t stay at the same company, Baekhyun in SM Entertainment and Eunji on A Cube. They rarely met each other and almost lost contact since they made a debut in the same year and they were indeed busy with their group promotions.

That day, Eunji was alone at A Pink’s dorm as the other members went for a lunch outside. Eunji was watching television at the living room, and suddenly she caught the breaking news on it. The television broadcasted about a new idol dating scandal.

Suddenly, Eunji felt that a pang hit her heart when she found which idol dating scandal had been leaked up at the public. She couldn’t move her lips, not even breathing. She felt pain, so painful until the news numbed her.

It was Byun Baekhyun, her childhood friend – and her first love. The news told that he was in a relationship with SNSD’s Kim Taeyeon. The scandal was true since the agency approved their relationship.

Somehow, Eunji admit that she was stupid. She should have confessed her feeling toward him, from the start. She should not hide the feeling for years and ended it with a broken heart since the guy already found another love on his life.

***

 

A month later, Baekhyun had already stood in front of the wide opened door of A Pink’s dorm. It revealed his childhood friend in her shock face as a greeting.

“B-Baekhyun oppa?”

“Hi, Eunji. Long time no see, huh?”

“W-what are you doing here?” she asked, being confused.

“I miss you,” he said and formed a smile on his face.

“But oppa… It’s A Pink’s dorm. Didn’t you feel afraid if EXO’s sasaeng will find out that you are here?” Eunji took a look to make sure none was around to see them.

“It’s almost midnight, and I think it’s safer if you let me come inside,”

“O-okay, please come in,” Eunji asked him to came inside the dorm. But actually, she still feels startled since she couldn’t believe that her childhood friend just came to a surprise visit like this.

 

“I have some crackers. Do you want to?” Eunji took out 2 cola cans and some snacks from the kitchen.

Baekhyun nodded. “Thank you. Anyway, where are the others?”

“They sleep already since we have a tight dance practice session earlier,” Eunji took a seat near him.

“Oh,” he nodded once again and suddenly an awkward silence filled the room. Baekhyun was using the chance to glance at her. Her hair was getting longer than what he remembered. She looked somehow different. The idol's look brought a new image for her, she was prettier.

Baekhyun’s eyes quickly leered to the left as he caught that the girl suddenly lifted her chin to meet his face. Eunji noticed it, and she bravely staring at his face. She admitted that he still looked handsome. He got his new color for his hair, still with bangs covering his forehead. She had seen his face a lot through television and SNS, but still, witnessing by her own eyes produced new spark inside her heart.

“So,” Eunji tried to break the awkwardness. “How’s life?”

The cliché question success

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter