[MarkJiJinMi] I Guessed You Don't Know

A PINK and THE BOYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Woohoo…! JE Project, daebak!” a loud voice and the sound of hands clapping echoed around the café.

Jinyoung walked toward Eunji, who was standing behind the stand mic – before he grabbed her wrist and signaled her to bow together.

 “Thank you,” Eunji said in the microphone before she followed Jinyoung’s steps toward behind the stage.

Jinyoung and Eunji being a band's mate since they attended the same high school 3 years ago. And now, Eunji already at the 2nd grade in the university, while Jinyoung a year younger than her. They still active in their bands, JE Project, and every Wednesday, they regularly played in the café next to their campus. Eunji was being the singer, while Jinyoung played piano. Because of their beautiful harmonization in music, they gained enough popularity among the students in their university.

“Jinyoung oppa,” some of his fan girls were calling out his name, when both of them walked toward the parking area.

With a wide smile on his face, Jinyoung turned around to greet them. The fan girls were starting to yell in amazement as their idol came to approach them. Meanwhile, Eunji heaved a sigh and threw an irritated looks toward them. It was regularly happened, but she still feel annoyed by his flirtatious act. So, Eunji decided to walk toward his car first, leaving Jinyoung with his own world behind.

 

When Eunji was about a few meters away from the car, a voice of clearing throat greeted her till made her stop her steps. “Eunji sunbaenim?”

She lifted her chin up to meet up with a tall boy with sharp jaws and small eyes were furrowing his eyebrows while staring at her.

“Yes, it’s me. Did I know you?” Eunji frowned since she felt strange with the guy’s presence.

“Oh, I’m Im Jaebum. And my friend asked me to give this to you,” the guy suddenly handed her a piece of paper, and Eunji immediately read it.

“What is this? A charity program…”

“Yes, my friend is the committee’s leader of this charity program. He wanted to ask for your help to join this event,” Jaebum said.

“Mark Tuan? Is that him?” Eunji pointed the name that written on the flyer.

“Yes, he is staying in a same grade as you. Did you know him?”

Eunji frowned some seconds as she tried to remembering. “Mark Tuan…? Mark T— ah!” Eunji flicked her fingers before she spoke out. “He’s the new transfer student from LA right?”

Jaebum’s smile grew wider before he nodded his head. “Yes, that’s him. If you agreed, you should call him by phone. You can get his number on the flyer. Anyway, thank you very much for your time, sunbae. I have to go now,”

“H-hey, wait,” Eunji was about to call Jaebum, but the latter already ran toward the gate and ignored her call. “Tch, that Mark Tuan needed my help, but why should I call him first?!” Eunji gritted her teeth.

“Eunji noona!” Jinyoung suddenly patted her shoulder from behind. When Eunji was capturing his presence, the youngest was panting hardly beside her. “I’m sorry for making you wait on me,” he curled a smile on his face in the midst of his panting.

Actually, Eunji still felt anger toward him, but whenever she saw the endearing smile, she knew that she cannot refuse his charm.

“It’s okay,” she finally was just shrugging.

“Hey, what is this?” Jinyoung suddenly grabbed the flyer from Eunji’s grip.

“It’s—“

“Oh, so it’s the charity event that Mark hyung mentioned earlier,” Jinyoung beamed after he read the flyer.

“Do you know about this already?” Eunji frowned.

“Of course, I did. Mark hyung told me already yesterday. I just forgot to tell you that he wants us to perform on this charity. So, who is finally give you this flyer?”

Eunji patted her chin while she tried to remembering her hoobae’s name. “Im… Jaebum… Ah yes, Im Jaebum. He gave me this a few minutes ago when you was still greeting your fan girls,”

“Ah, Jaebumie. Yes, he was being a chief of the leader. So, what do you think, noona? It will be fun if we joined it,”

“The charity event will be held on Friday. We only have 2 days to preparing ourselves. Are you sure, Youngie-ya?” Eunji said showing her hesitation.

“I knew it. But, we can just perform 2 or 3 familiar songs that we always played during these 5 years. I bet we can still do well though without a long term preparation,” Jinyoung said in amazement.

“It’s so weird since you always being the one who kept on rejecting the ‘sudden’ offers. But why this time you made a quick decision?” Eunji scoffed. “I bet you have a crush with the new transfer student, am I right?”

“What?” Jinyoung’s small eyes almost bulged out after hearing Eunji’s remark. “You’re rascal, noona. I’m still normal you know,” he pinched Eunji’s cheeks till made the latter groaned.

“Yah! Watch your act, Park Jinyoung! Remember, I’m older than you!” Eunji whined.

“So stop teasing me with Mark hyung. We have no special relations, we're just friends, okay?” Jinyoung threw a stern look toward her.

“So, tell me, what is the main reason that made you wanted to so bad to join this event?” Eunji shoot him with the question.

Instead of answering, Jinyoung’s cheeks suddenly flushing in pink. “I-it’s because of… Bomi noona became one of the committee…”

Eunji could feel a pang inside her heart. She did know that her band partner still have a heart with his former girlfriend, Yoon Bomi, her classmate. They broke up last year when Bomi started to date with one of their sunbae, Kim Jongdae. Fortunately, they finally broke up after 6 months dating, and Jinyoung was never dare to confess his feeling to her again. He thought that her love for him already disappear since she decided to choose Jongdae rather than him.

Actually, Eunji feel blessed with Jinyoung’s cowardness. Because, she secretly developed her feelings toward the youngest since the very first time they decided to create a band together. For Eunji, his chic personality always makes him looks attractive. Jinyoung also always treated her like his own daughter, although she’s older than him.

“Eunji noona? Hello…”

Eunji snapped out from her reverie when Jinyoung was waving his hand in front of her face repeatedly.

“Ah, I’m sorry. I just—“

“You seemed so tired, noona,” Jinyoung cut her words as he frowned deeper. “It’s already 11. I should drive you home now or Uncle Jung will scold me later, kajja!”

Without a warning, he immediately grabbed her wrist and dragged her to walk together with him – ignoring her broken heart.

***

 

“Jung Eunji?” a deep nasal voice greeted her, when she was about to opening her locker.

Eunji turned around to find a guy who was taller than her for some inches was staring at her with a question look.

“Yes?” that was a word that escaped from , since she noticed that she ever saw that guy before.

“Oh, I’m Mark Tuan. I thought we ever meet before,” he offered his hand, and Eunji grabbed it for a handshake.

“You—“

“I just moved next to your house a week ago. But, I never had a chance to meet you because your mother always said that you are so busy person,” the guy with wide lips releasing a chuckle.

“Omo…” Eunji patted her forehead as she finally found the reason why his name was familiar for her. “Yes, my mother ever told me that our new neighbor’s son was attending a same university as mine. So, you are the son of Papa Tuan?”

He nodded while showing a wide smile on his face – a smile that can beat every normal girl’s hearts. But, since Eunji had another crush already, she felt nothing at that time. 

“So, I thought both Jaebum and Jinyoung already tell you about the charity program, didn’t they?”

“Yes, they just told me about it last night,” Eunji said.

“What do you think? I really had a high expectation that you will agree to be one of the performers since I heard that your band popularity is pretty good,” Mark tried to convince.

“Um… The idea of the charity is so good, but… I don’t think I can do it since we don’t have pretty much time left to do the preparation. You know, we should find some songs that suit the theme of the events, we should arrange our time to do a practice session, and we should—“

“I will do anything to make you agreed,”

“Pardon me?”

“I will do anything that you asked me to, if it will make me get your agreement.”

***

 

“What happened with you, noona? Why were you suddenly asking me to do a jamming session?” Jinyoung frowned when he and Eunji already met up in the music studio in their university.

“We should practice the songs that we will perform on Friday,” Eunji said nonchalantly as she grabbed the microphone from its place.

“On Friday? Did you mean the charity event? But, didn't you just say that you refuse it earlier?” Jinyoung frowned harder.

“I suddenly changed my mind,”

“Why?”

“Because—“

“The coffee is coming!!” a voice suddenly butted into their conversation as the door knob of the music studio suddenly opened.

Jinyoung and Eunji were turning their head toward the same direction.

“Mark hyung?” Jinyoung eyes widened as he saw his sudden appearance.

“Hi, Jinyoung-ah,” he waved his free hand toward the youngest, before he turned his face to met Eunji’s gaze. “Here it is for you, my highness.”

“Thank you,” Eunji said as she took the cup of coffee from Mark.

“Be careful, it’s still hot,” Mark warned, but Eunji ignored it and she immediately flinched as she didn't notice that the cup was too hot, till made the coffee fell on to the floor.

“Aw!” Eunji yelped as she tried to avoid herself from the spill of the coffee.

“Eunji-ssi, are you okay?” Mark immediately checked her as he put a worried face.

“Nah, I’m okay,” Eunji said as she tried to calm herself.

“I’ve told you that it was still hot, but you ignored the warned,” he whimpered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter