Chapter Eight

I'm In Love With My Brother!

Flashback:

I suddenly became aware of what's happening. Like I've snapped out of it. Of everything. I glanced at Killua. He's planting small kisses on my right . Actually it feels really good.

I stiffened. Brother. I suddenly remembered. He's my brother.


"Eh?" What is happening? What are we doing? Can anyone remind me again how we ended up like this? Where's my uniform?

Killua looked up. He smiled. What a beautiful smile. He straightened up to kiss me. But I pushed him.

I felt my face turn red when I saw I'm topless. Really? I covered myself with my arms. This is embarrassing! He saw everything? My . .. my .. my s?

I inhaled deeply and gathered my strength. How should I say it? "S-Stop this Killua. T-This did not happen, o-okay? Even though . . You're still my brother . . We can't . . J-Just forget this ever happened . ." I saw a pained expression in his face when I glanced at him.

If it's painful for him, it's more painful for me. It took me a lot of courage to push him away. And it almost feels like swallowing a big rock when I said those to him. We simply can't. It's impossible. If people knew, it would be disgusting for them. A brother and a sister . . from the same mother and father, of course everyone would think it's wrong and would disapprove of it right away.

I picked up my clothes — including my bra — and dressed, while Killua was just standing there, as if frozen. He's not himself.

"I-I'll leave now, Killua-kun," I said as I unlocked the door.

"I can't do it. I don't want to forget about this, Y/n," I heard him say as I walk out of the room. I stopped.

"Then try. This isn't something that we can tell everyone about. Don't be stupid," I sighed. This is not the time for things like this. Maybe we both should cool our heads.

I closed the door behind me and started walking back to our classroom.

Stupid Killua, messing me all up. Why did he even do that?

And my body still feels hot. Why is it like this? I've never felt anything like it. It's kind of like I wanted more of it. But that is not the point! The point here is we've done something unacceptable. We're siblings, for crying out loud!

The whole day seem to be depressing for me. It passed quickly. It went on like the usual. But for me, it's not usual at all! I keep spacing out — I was called by the teacher to answer some question twice and I couldn't answer anything. It's because the whole day. . . my head is filled with Killua. This morning, what happened in the fourth floor . . I just can't take my mind off of it!

Why did he even kiss me? And on top of that, we were so close into stepping into another level! Is he really that stupid to kiss his own sister and do those things to me? Well, all of it feels really good, but seriously! What would people say if someone knew? It's not something to brag about! And I can't tell Aki and Mai about it! Uggh! This stupid situation is becoming worse as I think of it.

I went home alone that afternoon, since Aki and Mai said they're going karaoke again. I want to go with them, to have a change and somehow forget — I doubt though if I can forget — but Daichi-san said he'll be home tonight so I have to prepare.

When I arrived in front of the house, I stopped. Is Killua already home? Is he inside? But I told him that I'll kill him if he come home. Maybe he wouldn't think seriously about that threat, right? After all that happened, I still want to see him. To see his face and feel his presence.

I really feel like crying. I can't deal with this situation alone. I want to tell someone about it, to relieve my chest of all these problems. Killua is my brother. He's just my brother. He should be. I can't have feelings for him other than being his sibling. This isn't right.

My heart started to beat fast when I saw a couple approaching. They look good together. I wonder if Killua and I would look like those two if we were not siblings. Would we look good together? But if he isn't my brother, then I wouldn't have met him. It's for me that they came back here, right? Since they lived in abroad for a long time. I wonder. . what does Killua think of me?

I think my heart just shattered when I realized that the couple walking towards my direction was Killua and Akemi.

Oh. I take it back! They don't look good together at all!

Akemi was laughing while Killua was telling her something. Is what he's telling her really that funny? But Killua isn't like that with me at all! Why wouldn't he tell me jokes when he's with me? But even if he's with Akemi, he's not smiling.

Akemi's expression suddenly became serious. "No!" I heard her said. Both of them stopped walking. They're just a few meters away from my house. What are these two doing? Are they still oblivious of my presence? I'm here, you know! I can hear you!

Akemi reached for Killua's face. "I don't want to," she said. She moved closer to Killua's face. SHE'S GOING TO KISS HIM!

"NOO!" I accidentally shouted. OOPS! That was unintentional!

Both of them looked at my direction. "Huh?"

I don't know why I did that. "Umm, u-uhh . . ." I stammered.

"Y/n, perfect timing," Akemi sarcastically said.

"Well . .." I don't know what to say! I'm speechless for the first time. Really stupid.

"Hmph. You can't always have Killua-kun by yourself, you know. You're just his sister, after all." She smirked.

Ah. Sister, you say?

"Let's go somewhere, Killua-kun. It's annoying here," I heard Akemi said. She started walking away, pulling Killua with her. She's touching . . his hand.

"STOP!" I reached a hand to grab Killua from her, but I realized they were a little far away from me.

Ugh, idiot.

"Jeez," Akemi sounded irritated. "What is it this time?"

She's getting irritated? I'm getting pissed! Who told her she can touch Killua? No one can touch him but me!

"Akemi, I forgot to tell you something."

She glanced at me. "What could it be?"

"Killua is off-limits."

"Huh?"

"I said, you can't touch Killua! No one can touch him!" I glared at her. A really menacing glare. That should scare her. "Do I make myself understood?"

She swallowed. "Uhm, no. I don't really understand at all."

Stupid flirt. "That's it! Killua! Come with me!" I started walking towards him.

He just looked at me. "Why would I?"

I was dumbfounded. "Why? Because you're coming home with me. That's enough for today," I resumed my pace and grabbed his hand from Akemi. "If you're going to show up here, make sure I'm not around, Akemi," I whispered to her. She smirked.

"You sounded like a jealous girlfriend, Y/n-chan," I don't like the nasty look on her face. "Don't tell me . . . you like Killua-kun?"

My eyes widened. "W-What?" I like Killua she said? Am I really that obvious? "What the hell are you talking about? Do you want me to strangle you to death, Akemi? Get lost!" I snarled at her.

She rolled her eyes. "Fine!" She looked at Killua. "I'll give you a call, Killua-kun. Bye-bye," she gave him a flying kiss — she can't come near him since I'm between them — then left.

I sighed. I really hate her. "Let's go home."

Killua snatched his hand back. "No." I looked at him. His face, the expression in his face . . . it's the first time I've seen it. He seems to be confused and in pain at the same time. How come he's in pain?

"What are you talking about? We're going home! Our house is right there," I pointed. "Come here —"

"I said no!" He is mad. "Y/n is really stupid! You said to forget about it, you want to act like nothing happened, but then you came here and demanding everything!"

W-What? Was I really like that? But I didn't intend to be demanding. I just don't like it when other people touch Killua. I want to be the only one who touches him, and I want him to be the only guy to touch me. It sounds really insane and stupid but I can't help it.

Maybe it's because . . . I don't know. My mind doesn't want to recognize it, but my heart is willing, even if it's wrong. My heart has always been right since the beginning, and I couldn't stop myself. Slowly. . . it has become . . . Love.

It's because I'm in love with Killua . . But that's just it! I can't be in love with him! He's my brother!

He gritted his teeth. He glared at me then started walking towards the house.

"Ki-Killua-kun, wait!"

He didn't look back. I followed him inside the house. "Killua-kun. ." I want to say it. I really do. But it might scare him off. He's my brother. Brother, sibling, family. Okay? This is not possible!

"Killua," I called. Be he's already starting to walk up the stairs. Is he going to lock himself up in his room again? Is he going to avoid me again? As I've thought, I got him mad at me again.

It's because of my feelings! I really hate this!

"Killua stop!" But he doesn't seem to have heard me.

"You idiot! I said stop!" I dashed to him and pulled his hand. He turned to face me, and that's when I kissed him. This is like déjà vu from this morning — only I was the one chasing.

He was stunned when I let go. He even blushed.

"I said stop, right?" I inhaled. Now what? I just kissed him! But I can't help it. This feeling, I can't help it anymore. It's overflowing and I can't stop it.

He covered his mouth with the back of his hand. He really is blushing. Kawaii!

"W-What did you just do?" He asked, his mouth is still covered.

"I just kissed you, didn't I?" I smirked. But hey! There's no time for fooling around. I've got to decide. What should I do? Should I tell him? Or should I just leave it be?

But if I just let it go on like this, I don't know what I might do the next time that I will see Killua with Akemi or any other girls. I don't know if I will act stupid and demanding again, as Killua said it.

But if I tell him how I feel, it'll be awkward, and it's wrong, and it will scare him. He's my sibling, after all. So if I got him scared, I can't blame him.

"Idiot Y/n. You can't always have your way. Other people have feelings too," he said that, but it's got a huge impact on me.

Other people have feelings too? But of course they have. I have never thought of it that way. He has feelings too. I wonder if I tell him what I really feel, what would he feel? Is it really going to scare him off? I'm not certain about it, but there's a possibility for that one. But what else will he feel? Is he going to be mad at me?

He snatched his hand back and he started climbing the stairs again. I was left there standing. What should I do? I've had it! I don't care about what will happen anymore. I just want to say it and see his reaction. His expression is really precious to me.

I ran towards him before he could open the door to his bedroom. I hugged him from the back as he turn the doorknob.

"I like Killua! I really like you! Please . . I just don't like it another girl touching Killua. .. I'm so sorry. ." A tear fell from my eye. My feelings did overflow. I can't avoid it.

I felt Killua's body stiffened. As I thought. It'll give him a fright. I just scared my brother.

I started to loosen my arms around him. Silence is more painful than being rejected. It's like I didn't say anything to him. It's like I didn't confess to him at all. But what would I feel if Killua rejected me? I think it'll be more painful than this silent treatment.

The tears in my eyes poured. "I-I'm sorry for my s-selfishness," I sobbed. I let go of him and started to walk to my room. Gosh I really cried! It's embarrassing! Well this is better than holding it all in. It's really difficult when all of my emotions are locked up because one day it'll overflow and overflowing feelings isn't good.