Chapter Two

I'm In Love With My Brother!

Flashback:

That whole afternoon, I thought I was going to die. They just won't stop asking me stupid questions! They're so loud and annoying! What is good about Killua, anyway? It's just his physical appearance! If they get to know his attitude I'm sure they'll be turned off. By the way that kid behaves. I wonder if he even has any friends.

I sighed. I think my school life is more disturbed than it will ever be.


When I got home that day . . "I'm home —"

"Welcome back, Y/n-chan!" it was Daichi-san. He said that in the kitchen. What is he doing?

I took off my shoes and started walking towards the kitchen. Wow. Daichi-san is cooking. Real food. It's been a long time since I last saw something like that. Well, what I ate this lunchtime was all rice balls made by my father. Maybe that can be called real food too but what Daichi-san is cooking looks more appetizing. Where did he learn to cook something like that? And it smells good, too. I'm getting hungry.

"Oh, Neechan is home," Killua said from my back. "Daichi, you shouldn't cook delicious-looking foods like those. Neechan will eat them all. And there won't be left for us. We'll starve to death."

I turned to face him and glared at him. "Hey brat! Don't you know how to shut your mouth?"

"Well you could've seen yourself this lunch. How you eat. It's scary. It almost traumatized me to see that a girl can eat like that."

Whaaaat? He saw me? So he was there the whole time?

My face turned red. How embarrassing. This is so so so embarrassing. He saw me!

But what am I embarrassed about? That should be okay, right? Since he's my brother and all. He's family. My mom used to see me eat like that.

But this is different. Mom is a woman. Killua-kun is a boy. A boy. And this is the first time that I even have guys around the house. Maybe I'm still adjusting to it. But I will be better than this! I promise to myself that I won't be embarrassed in front Killua-kun next time.

"I-I will be in my room."

"Killua! Enough already," Daichi-san said. "That's okay, Y/n-chan," Daichi approached me and held my hand. "Just don't mind Killua." He smiled at me, pulling me to sit in the dining table. After that, he returned to where he left off.

When I look at my back to see where Killua is, he's not there anymore. Doesn't he want to eat too? Oh well, I don't care. He annoys me, really. What kind of person is he?

"Y/n-chan, here you go," Daichi-kun served me. After that, we ate together. Daichi is so much fun to be with. He smiles so easily, and doesn't treat me like how Killua treats me. He's more mature than I thought a nineteen-year old could be. I'm starting to feel at ease with Daichi-san. I wonder when I'll feel like this around Killua too.

"Daichi, you should find someone to suit your taste more." Killua appeared from nowhere, saying that to Daichi.

What does that mean? Taste? Does he mean about the food? But what about 'someone'? I don't get it at all.

"Killua!" Daichi suddenly said, outraged. It's the first time I saw Daichi acted that way. "Watch your mouth!"

But Killua already started walking towards the door, picking his skateboard on his way outside.

"Don't mind him, Y/n-chan. Let's just eat," Daichi smiled to me again, and it was so cute. I never saw Killua warmly smile like this. To think of it, I don't think he smiles at all! The first time I saw him smile was that day when they moved into this house. And it wasn't that sincere at all. Does he even know how to smile? Like a smile that came from the heart. I wonder what Killua would look like if he smiled like Daichi. Would he look like Daichi-san when Daichi smiles? Will it look good on him? But of course it will look good on him! It's a smile, after all.

Father didn't come home until ten o'clock. I was still copying notes from the book since it was our assignment when he came home.

After that I made coffee for him, I went to bed. And when morning came . . .

"GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!"

"Dad, my left ear is deaf."

"You idiot! What are you doing in my bed again?" I shouted at him. We're currently eating. Father and Daichi doesn't seem to be aware of Killua and me. They're just eating silently.

He looked at me as if the topic isn't worth the talk. "I already told you. I thought your room was my room."

Yes. I woke up with Killua beside me again. His position was the same as yesterday, his hands around my stomach and his leg on my lower abdomen again.

I glared at him. Stupid excuse. "And why didn't you see me there?"

"It was dark."

"Ugggghhnn."

And also, just like yesterday, Daichi and father came rushing to my bedroom again.

I went to school that day. I think it's a good thing that I didn't sleep in class. I'm showing some improvement. This is good. Good.

But when afternoon came, it suddenly rained. And it was pouring so hard.

Until the bell rang, the rain didn't seem to be stopping. It's still pouring hard. And I don't have any umbrella with me.

But I thought the weather forecast said it'll be sunny today.

I waited for the rain to subside at the entrance of the school. But I think I'm really unfortunate. I've been here for already an hour and the rain doesn't seem to stop. My classmates and some of the other students have already left an hour ago, because they have umbrellas with them.

"Y/n-chan!" someone called. I looked at the gate. Waaah! It's Daichi-san! He came to pick me up! I'm saved! I can finally go home!

"Niisan!" I happily said. Some of the students who are left behind and are still waiting for the rain to cease were all chatting loudly behind me. Seriously. People these days. I don't understand them. Especially girls.

"Niisan?"

"Y/n-san's brother?"

"Handsome! So handsome!"

"Isn't that the silver-haired dude that came here yesterday?"

"No!"

"But they look so alike!"

"Are they brothers?"

"I think so."

"Let's ask Y/n-san tomorrow."

"He came to pick her up."

"What a nice brother."

"And handsome too."

"Y/n-san is so lucky!"

Really. What are these people? They're idiots. So annoying.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Y/n-chan," Daichi said when he arrived at the school entrance. He smiled at me.

I thought I just heard my schoolmates at the back fainted. Daichi-san really has a killer smile.

But he only brought one umbrella.

"Uhn, Niisan, how are we gonna fit there?" I asked.

"Well, let's just stick to each other so that we don't get wet." We started walking home. Daichi-san said he couldn't find any umbrella in the house so he bought one in the nearest store but the store only has one umbrella left.

As we walked home, Daichi keeps on talking. He's just like father, although not that kind of energetic. He's always saying jokes, making me laugh. He's fun to be with. Unlike Killua who only knows how to talk rudely at me.

When we got home, Killua was standing by the door. Wet.

"Killua, what are you doing there? Dry yourself up or you'll catch a cold," Daichi said when he passed by Killua. He went inside the house directly to dry himself.

I stared at Killua as I took off my shoes. He's shivering. And he's holding . . . are those umbrellas? Yes! He's holding two umbrellas!

But where did he get that? Could it be that he was planning on picking me up, too? But why didn't he show up?

"Y-You shouldn't be that c-close to Daichi, Y/n. E-Everyone will think you're a c-couple." He was shivering. He really must be cold.

"No one will think like that. Daichi is my brother. He's my Niisan." I took off my scarf and wrapped it around his neck. That should warm him up even just a little bit. "Wait here, Killua-kun. I'll get you a towel."

I was touched, thinking that he went all the trouble to pick me up too, but I was wondering why he didn't show up in my school. And he's got umbrella — two umbrellas — and why didn't he use one? Did he really plan to bathe in the rain? What an idiot.

But maybe he wasn't going to pick me up. Maybe he just bought two umbrellas because there isn't one in the house.

But still. He's so cold right now.

After that incident, I tried to be nicer to Killua, even if he still was talking rude to me. And besides, Daichi-san was always there when Killua is always being mean to me. Having an Oniisan like Daichi, who is so reliable, is really great.