Chapter Six

I'm In Love With My Brother!

Flashback:

She looked at me then smirked. "What a reaction. As expected of Y/n. Aren't you happy to see me?" This girl! It's not the Yuuri-san that Aki said at all! It's . . . IT'S HER!


"Oh hey, look its Akemi!" Aki said, surprised. "Are you lost, Akemi?" she asked, wondering. Although it sounds more like sarcasm.

She giggled. "Silly! Of course not! I'm here with Killua-kun," she said, flirt all over the atmosphere around her.

"You all know each other?" Killua asked.

"NO!"

"YES!" Akemi and I simultaneously answered. To be clear, I was the one who said "No".

"Huh?" Killua's expression is confused.

Waaai! Just look at him! Another expression is visible on his face! But this is not the time for those kinds of things. Right now, this girl, I cannot allow her to Killua's girlfriend. I totally disapprove of her! Give that five hundred percent of disapproval! I don't like her! Killua can date anyone — even the guys from school — just not Akemi!

I looked at the table, to what they ordered. As I figured, it's coffee. It's a coffee shop, after all.

"Is that black coffee, Killua?" My question came out of nowhere, referring to the cup of black coffee in front of him. I'm currently thinking of a way to get him out of there.

"Yes, I think. Why? This isn't mi —"

That's it!

"Why are you drinking coffee, Killua? Do you know that coffee is bad for a person's health?" I don't know where I got that idea, but I just want him to take away from Akemi. And this is idea that I'm thinking of should be just fine.

"What? Why? But it's not min —"

I cut him out again. "It's be-because . ." Damn, I can't think of anything. "I-It's because it's bad for the kidney, and you'll get heartburn, and too much caffeine is bad too. It'll cause stress and tension. Also, it'll cause you insomnia, indigestion, and headaches. That's why it's really bad," I said that all in a flash. Although those things that I said were only for people who frequently drink coffee and Killua doesn't drink coffee at all — he loves to drink hot chocolate especially in the morning. So I know that the coffee in front of him is not his.

"Wow Y/n, you sure know a lot about coffee!" Aki commented, laughing.

Killua sighed. "But Neechan, I said it's not mine."

"Eh?"

I can hear Akemi's silent laugh of victory. NO! I'm not letting you win, Akemi!

"Just come with me," I grabbed his hand, pulling him from the table and yanking him out of that place.

"HEY!" Akemi said, angry. "Y/n!" she stood up. "Where are you taking my Killua?!"

Your Killua? You wish.

"I'll leave Akemi to you guys," I winked as I passed by Mai and Aki. They winked back.

The last thing that I saw in that shop was the picture of Akemi being cornered by Aki. Hahahaha! Now victory is mine! Killua-kun is mine!

Ehh whaaat? WHAT MINE?

Why am I even doing this?

Killua stopped when we were a block away from the coffee shop, and I came to a halt too. I can't drag him. Wah he's strong.

"Neesan, what is the meaning of this? Why are you acting like this?"

I looked away. "Uhh, because, e-er .. ." I seriously have no idea why I'm acting like this. I'll just face the consequence of my actions. Is he going to shout at me? He's with his girlfriend, and I ruined their date. At first, I just want to see who the girl he's dating is, but I just couldn't believe that it's Akemi. I mean, herthat Akemi. I hate her. I can't allow that. So I want to take him out of that place. I want him to be away from Akemi. Forever.

Just the fact knowing that he has a girlfriend brings heavy chest pains to me, but knowing that it's Akemi, it's more painful. I cannot accept her.

"Y/n, what is happening to you?" He looked directly to my eyes. I don't understand his question. What is happening to me? If I try to understand that question, I can come up with a response that only I can give. So basically, if I ask myself what is happening to me then, it's because I'm feeling weird. First of all, I don't know why I feel so hurt just knowing that Killua has a girlfriend. It's like I don't want to share him to others — especially to girls. This selfish feeling . . . it's new to me.

I heard him sigh. Is he going back to the coffee shop? Is he going back to Akemi? I . . . I think my body is numb. He didn't return to the coffee shop. Instead he started walking to the direction of our house.

We silently went home together that day. When we got home, he was still quiet. He didn't talk to me at all. And I can't talk to him after what I did. What if he actually like Akemi? And I ruined everything! Should I apologize? But I don't like Akemi at all! Does he hate me now for what I did?

I prepared dinner, but he didn't come out of his room. I wonder if I should bring his food to his room? I sighed. Is he mad at me? For what I did this afternoon? Does he really like Akemi that he got mad at me? Is Akemi really that special? If only he knows how much of a meanie that girl is. And how much I hate her. After all, she's one of the people who made my elementary days miserable.

I went to sleep that night uneasy — actually I couldn't sleep at all. Not even a nap. I don't know what is happening to me. Love or not, this feeling, I'm not okay with it. It's so hard to deal with this kind of thing, especially when I have no idea what in the world this feeling is.

"Y/n-san, I really like you. Please go out with me," Kyou-kun said, a classmate of mine.

I glanced at him. "WHAT?!" I almost choke with my own saliva when I heard that.

"OOOOHHHH!"

"KYOU-KUN FINALLY CONFESSED!"

What 'finally'?

"AT LAST! Y/N-CHAN'S FINALLY GOING TO HAVE A BOYFRIEND!"

"AND IT'S KYOU-KUN!"

"WAAAAAIIII! PERFECT!"

Call it strange, but I can see hearts floating all over the classroom.

These people. Can they be more annoying than this? "Quit it! Or I'll hunt you all down, you little craps!" I snarled at them. I am not in the mood for this kind of things right now. I just wanted to be left alone. Even Mai and Aki can understand that. Without even telling them, I think they kind of like knew what happened yesterday after we separated.

"OHH! We got her mad again!"

"We're sorry Y/n-chan!"

I sighed. Yesterday, things didn't really turn out well. I'm the one with the problem here. And I haven't got to talk to Killua yet. He didn't come out of his room last night, and this morning, when I plan to apologize, I saw that he went to school already. And I woke up six o'clock. How come he's so early for school today? Is he avoiding me? But of course, the answer is obvious.

"I'll deal with you later, Kyou-kun," I glared at him. Kyou-kun! I'm sorry! But he only smiled at me. What a pretty smile. But he's stupid. Confessing in class, with all our classmates there, does he even have common sense?

I went to the rooftop to refresh myself there. I want to clear my head of any problems right now.

"Ah," the wind here is cool. I feel like living here forever. I might build a house here, in this rooftop. The wind seems to make me forget about my problems.

As I held rested my arms on the railings, I closed my eyes, inhaling the refreshing cool breeze of the wind.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. Killua?

I turned. Oh. Kyou-kun. "I thought I said I'll deal with you later, didn't I?" I sighed, feeling disappointed. Why am I feeling disappointed? Killua is avoiding me, so he's not going to follow me here. And why would he follow me in the first place, when I ruined his date with Akemi?

He chuckled. "Yes, I heard." He looked serious all of a sudden. "What is Y/n-san's problem?"

I was surprised. "Wh-What? What are you talking about? Problem?" The heck? I have a problem, all right. I don't know how to deal with this stupid feelings and I don't know how to approach Killua! That is my problem right now.

"You have a problem, right? I can see it right through your eyes."

"M-My eyes?" He has powers? How can he see through someone's eyes? Is he . . . a shinigami or something like that? Shinigamis have those kind of powers, right? To see through someone's eyes? It's a shinigami, after all. So can he predict when will Akemi die? Can he make her life shorter if he's a shinigami? Shinigami? Seriously?

"Yes. Did you have a fight with your boyfriend?"

But Killua-kun isn't my boyfriend at all! He's my brother! You got it wrong, Kyou-kun. I got a problem with my brother because I acted stupid yesterday because I learned that he's dating someone. A girlfriend Kyou-kun, a girlfriend!

"U-Uh, actually no. I have a problem with Killua," I said. What did I just said? Ah. It's because Kyou-kun seems to be understanding. I can feel his aura all around him. Actually, it makes me want to talk about my problems with him. Because I have a feeling that he will understand.

"Hmm, with your brother?" He smiled at me. "You can't fix it if you're going to deal with it all by yourself. Maybe you should talk to him and express what you feel. He may not understand, but I'm sure that somehow he will. He's your brother, after all."

Tell him . . . what I feel? Is that really all right? But if I tell him what and how I really feel, I think I'll just scare him. He's my brother, so this isn't right. We're family, right? But somehow, my heart doesn't seem to understand that Killua is family. That he is my brother. It doesn't seem to want to accept that fact. But what can I do? I . . . I don't know what to do anymore. My heart is crushing when I'm thinking that he's angry at me because I ruined his date. And that only proves that he really like Akemi.

Kyou-kun took my hand. "It's making me feel sad when Y/n-san is sad," he said, almost a whisper.

"Huh?"

He pulled me into an embrace. "Please don't be sad anymore," he whispered.

"H-Hey, K-Kyou-kun," I wanted to protest, but his welcoming arms is just so comfortable that I wanted to stay here in the moment. It seems to make all of my problems gone. Just like the cool wind.

I tightly gripped the back of his uniform. Kyou-kun's body is soft.

"Don't touch my sister!" someone said. But just hearing that voice made my heart beat unstable. But I've got to make sure. I glanced at Kyou-kun's back — I knew it, it's Killua, who for some reason, came out of nowhere, suddenly appearing in Kyou-kun's back. He grabbed Kyou-kun's shoulder and shoved him aside with so much force. Kyou-kun was pushed against the railings. "Don't touch her ever again!" Killua held my hand. He's looking at Kyou-kun as if he could kill Kyou-kun by his glare. He snarled at him — well that's what it sounded to me like — then he yanked me out of the rooftop. He stopped dragging me when we were in the deserted corridor in the fourth floor. He let go of my hand.

What is happening? "Ki-Killua . . ." What is he doing? "What are you doing, suddenly coming out of nowhere, you moron?!" Oh. My usual self has come back again.

He glared at me. "What do you think? I'm saving you from that ert! He's ually harassing you, you stupid!"

"Wh-What? S-ually harassing? How can you think of such a thing? Kyou-kun is a nice guy!" I don't know but he's acting really weird. And in the first place, what is he doing there in the rooftop? Was he there by accident? But I thought he's mad at me?

"But he's hugging you! That's called ual harassment!"

Ugghn this stupid brat. "He's comforting me, you idiot! It's called comforting! Have some common sense!"

"Comforting? And why would he comfort you? It's not like you have some problems, right? Don't tell me you like that ridiculously ugly guy? And a ert, too."

Kyou-kun is not ugly! And to add that he said 'ridiculously'.

This argument is going nowhere. I don't like this. "What the hell is your problem, brat? Why are you so angry? It's not like it's your problem. Just leave me alone." I turned my back on him and started walking to the stairs.

I really wanted to apologize to him for what I did yesterday. But we're both mad at each other so even if I apologize, it won't mean anything. I hate him for accusing such things at Kyou-kun when in the first place, he's the reason why I was spacing out in class and got Kyou-kun concerned about me. And I was spacing out because I was thinking about him having a girlfriend.

I don't know what he's doing on the rooftop. But I don't care. He said bad things to a person he doesn't even know. I gotta apologize to Kyou-kun. Killua was rude. He shouldn't have done that.

"Y/n," Killua called.

Calling me by first name. Huh. I can't hear you.

"Y/n, stop."

I said I can't hear you.

"I said stop!"

He grabbed my hand and the next second, I felt his lips on mine.