Chapter Three

I'm In Love With My Brother!

Flashback:

But still. He's so cold right now.

After that incident, I tried to be nicer to Killua, even if he still was talking rude to me. And besides, Daichi-san was always there when Killua is always being mean to me. Having an Oniisan like Daichi, who is so reliable, is really great.


The next week, Daichi went to a university in Tokyo. He decided to stay there — he's renting an apartment — and will be home by weekends only. It took him a week to finish all the requirements needed and now he'll be studying there. And as for Father, he's in a business trip abroad for a whole three weeks, that's why it leaves Killua and me alone in the house starting today, Monday. Father was to call a caretaker to accompany us in the house but Killua refused. Now I understand why Daichi seems to be mature for his age — even Killua acts more mature than me sometimes. It must be because when they still live together with father, it could be that father is always away, always on a business trip. Since Killua is still young, no one is taking care of the two of them, so someone must look after Killua, and Daichi was mature enough to think of caring for his little brother. That's why Daichi knows how to cook, cleaning the house, and all the sorts. Daichi-san is really cool.

Killua will be studying with the same school as me. And that is troublesome. All of the girls will be asking me a lot of questions again, especially now that Killua is in the same school as me.

"Killua-kun, eat you breakfast," I said as he passed by the kitchen. I already prepared his breakfast.

"Not hungry." He answered.

"Whaaaa — ? You'll get hungry at school if you don't eat breakfast, you idiot!" I lost my cool. I calmed myself. This brat! I woke up early just to prepare breakfast and he's not gonna eat it?

"That's my problem, not yours."

I inhaled deeply and smiled to myself. He's still a kid, I should understand that. I just have to be patient, since I'm the older one here. Only by one year, though. "Then Killua-kun, take this bento. I made it for you," I said as Killua started to head towards the door.

"A bento?" he stopped and turned to face me.

"Yep!" I smiled, handing the bento to him.

He smiled and he took it. Waaaahh! He smiled! HE SMILED! This is wonderful! But I think my heart just stopped beating again.

"Thanks, Oneechan. I'll feed it to the dog." He then left, closing the door behind him.

URRRRRGGGH!

Why do I have to live alone with an annoying brat like Killua?! Daichi-san is fine! He's just fine! He should be the one who's left here with me!

But somehow, in my mind — or in my heart, I don't know — there's this very small but screaming voice that is happy to be with Killua. That it is happy that I get to spend some time with him, even if he's always acting like a little monster with a very sour attitude. I want Daichi to be here, but I don't want Killua to leave the house, either.

Just as I predicted, the moment I entered the classroom, everyone gathered around me. They're all squealing happily.

"Waaaii! Y/n-san! We saw Killua-kun!"

"He's really cute!"

"Give us his number, we're begging!"

""Are you sure you're siblings?"

"Y/n-san! Give me your address!"

"Y/n-san doesn't look like Killua-kun at all."

"Maybe you're not blood-related?"

"Y/n-san's really lucky to have Killua-kun as a brother!"

"Yes! I know! He's so cute!"

"Handsome!"

"Just like the other one who came here last week."

"Yes! As I remembered, he picked Y/n-san!"

"At first, I really thought it was Killua-kun."

"They're both soo handsoooome!"

Something like that. It's annoying, really. They're so loud. Don't they know how to shut up?

This bothered me when I heard it from one of them, but of course Killua-kun is my brother! I don't look like Killua-kun and Daichi-san because I look more like my mother. The color of my hair is brown, and my eyes are nowhere near Kilua-kun and Daichi-san's cold-looking eyes — it's dark blue or something like that. My mom used to say that my eyes are full of life, something chocolate brown.

But what if Killua and Daichi isn't my brother? Psh. That's impossible. My father said they're my brothers. And I believe whatever my father says. But actually, the first time that I knew that we're siblings, I just couldn't believe it. I was thinking, how can these two beautiful human beings be my siblings? I don't look like them at all!

But right now, all I want to do is to escape these people. They're crushing my small body.

Someone pulled me out of the crowd, dragging me until we're outside the classroom. We entered an empty room. But I'm pretty sure I saw a silver hair somewhere.

"T-That was . . ." I said, breathing unevenly. I hold the wall for support. "Thanks," I said. I looked at the person who pulled me out of those squealing girls. My eyes widened. "Killua?!"

He looked at me, an eyebrow raised. "What?" He cocked his head. "You look like you saw a ghost."

Why is here? "What are you doing here?" I straightened up.

"What do you think? I saved you back there."

I looked at him. "You know, this is all your fault." If only you didn't attract those girls . . .

He didn't answer me. He just stared at me.

Why is he looking at me like that? Is there something wrong with my face? Stop it, Killua. I'm falling into those deep blue eyes of yours. And it isn't good. My heart. It's racing. I don't want this. This is really weird. I'm feeling weird!

"K-Killua-kun . . ." He looked sad. Why? Right now, I wanted to make him feel happy. The expression in his face, it's the first time I saw it.

He suddenly grabbed my arm and embraced me.

Whaaat?

"K-Killua-kun, what's wrong?" Is he hurt somewhere? Did someone hurt him? Does he need me to comfort him? Why is he hugging me? And on top of that, I feel all weird again! My body, it's like it won't move. Killua, you idiot. You're the first guy that ever hugged me! You're touching my body! And I can't really do anything to protest about it! I can't move a muscle. This is strange. Really, really strange.

But he's hugging me when he's sleeping beside me. Why didn't I think of that? He was so close to my body!

Killua let go of me and said, "Look what you made me do, idiot! You made me hug you."

I was stunned. It was the first Killua called me an 'idiot'. Waaaah! He's learning how to fight back to his oneesan! He's growing up! Good boy, Killua! But why am I happy about this? Well, it's because even if I said that he's rude to me, he never talks back to me like this. I'm so happy I could cry! He's always his calm self, face devoid of emotions, but now he called me 'idiot'. Surely, this should be the start that Killua would actually show his true self to me! This should be it!

But it's not my fault that he hugged me. I don't know anything about his actions.

"Who's idiot?"

"Is there anyone else here? Of course it's you."

I swung myself to him. "Killua! You're finally growing up! This is great!"

He looked disappointed. "Y/n. You really are stupid."

Now this time he used 'stupid'! Oh, Killua. I'm so proud! My eyes are all teary.

I finally came back to my senses. He's going overboard! "Hey! You shouldn't talk to your Oneesan like that, Killua-kun."

He smiled. Like a real smile. I think my heart melted. Why did he smile? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see Killua's smile! I should never forget about this moment.

"That's more like Oneechan," After that, he left the room.

What does that mean? Ohhh I'm so confused. Killua, this is all your fault! I was proud, okay? Proud! And then you say things that I don't understand. Seriously. My emotions are all messed up. I should sort myself out.

The day went on just fine. Well, it was better when no one keeps on asking me about Killua or Daichi.

When I got home, Killua was already there. He was sleeping on the sofa. He's like an angel.

As I walk towards him, I stared at his peaceful state. No matter which side you look at it, he's really cute. He's perfect.

I kneeled down beside him. He really is asleep. I could even hear his silent snores.

I reached for his face. I want to touch him. I wanted to get closer to Killua.

But he's your brother.

I stopped my hand before it could touch Killua's face. I'm such a fool. He's my brother. How can I think of him in that way? That is not right! This feeling is out of place. I really should just let things naturally flow, and to this weird feeling that I have, I need to get rid of this.

But that night, I couldn't sleep. I keep on thinking of so many things. Especially my feelings. It's just that I don't know what this feeling is to me. This is new. I don't know how to react to this.

When morning came, I woke up with Killua beside me again. This is starting to be a habit, so I'm not surprised when I saw him so close to me. Last week, when father and Daichi are still around, I would always wake up with Killua by my side. Every morning, I would shriek so loud. Every morning, they would come to my room. And every breakfast, there's always me noisily arguing with Killua. But this time, I don't know why, but I couldn't move myself from staring at his face. He's so close.

"Morning," I whispered to Killua even though I know he's still sleeping. I don't know why I'm acting this way. This is bad.