Chapter Four

I'm In Love With My Brother!

Flashback:

I don't know why, but I couldn't move myself from staring at his face. He's so close.

"Morning," I whispered to Killua even though I know he's still sleeping. I don't know why I'm acting this way. This is bad.


I got up and started to prepare breakfast for the two of us.

Killua came down the stairs just in time to go to school. I think he overslept. It's already past eight.

"Killua-kun, you're late. Now hurry up and eat breakfast," I said as he took his bag in the living room.

"I don't need it."

The day is just starting and Killua here is making me lose my temper already. "What? Don't be stupid. You'll get hungry."

He didn't even bother to look at me. "I don't see that as your problem."

Grrrr ….

He started walking towards the door.

"Hey! At least take this bento I made," I run after him and handed the bento.

"Thanks Y/n," He took it and headed to the door.

I dashed to the door, blocking him from going out of the house. I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at him. "Killua-kun, it's not nice to call me by name. I'm your older sister after all. So you should call me Oneesan. O-NEE-SAN." I said, emphasizing the last word. Actually, it feels more comfortable when he calls me by my name. It feels like . . . not family at all.

Oh! This feeling again!

He smiled. Waiii! He smiled again! The second time — or third? I must be really lucky. But my heart . . . It's unstable.

"Well then, I'll go now . .." slowly, he leaned down to my face and kissed my cheek. ". .Neechan," After that, he left.

What was that just now? Why did my body feel so hot all of a sudden? And my heart! I don't think it's ever going to stop from racing! I shouldn't feel something like this because of that little action. Kiss on the cheek is common, since we're siblings. But no! This feeling! I think I'm gonna die!

Killua, once again, you managed to ruin my day.

Just like before, in the whole morning, everything the teacher discussed in front didn't manage to penetrate in my head — well it's because I'm distracted. I'm distracted by that stupid kiss!

When afternoon came, I excused myself and went to the infirmary. Well basically, I was planning on spending the whole afternoon there. The infirmary teacher wasn't around — she usually comes by Monday and Wednesday only and today is Tuesday.

I closed the door and went straight to bed, closing the curtains. Coming here in the infirmary was just an excuse to be by myself for a moment. I don't know why I'm acting like this. It's just a kiss on the cheek. It's just a family gesture or something like that. I shouldn't be thinking more meaning to it. It's Killua-kun, jeez! He's my younger brother! But why am I acting this way? I'm really strange! I should stop thinking about Killua.

But right now, I'm starting to feel dizzy. This morning, when I was on my way to school, the rain suddenly poured, and unfortunately, I don't have an umbrella with me. I never really bring an umbrella with me. So that's why when I arrived at school, I'm wet. I just dried myself off and went back to class. That could be the reason why I'm feeling dizzy. Maybe I'll catch a cold. But I can't afford that now. No one's gonna look after Killua-kun. He'll get hungry, since it's obvious that he doesn't know how to cook. Maybe I should just sleep this. Yes. That's right. This will be gone when I woke up.

Loud 'clanks' and a burning smell of something woke me up. I'm not feeling dizzy anymore. Hah. I knew it. It'll be gone if I sleep. But wait. . .. Am I in my house? This place, I'm in the living room of my house. But I remember sleeping in the infirmary. Why am I here . . ? I'm still in my uniform and my bag is on the floor. Also Killua's too. But I don't remember going home! Where's Killua?

"Ugh!" That came from the kitchen. And the smell of something burning is making me feel really sick. What in the world is that smell? More 'clanking' noise was coming from the kitchen.

I stood up from the sofa and went to check the kitchen. But was surprised to see what was happening there. More like shock. There's a broken saucer on the sink, the table was a mess — ingredients like chopped vegetables and others are scattered — there was a knife pierced on the wall near the divider, and the stove is all black.

"Wha-Wha . . …" My mouth fell open. Killua, who's wearing an apron, was in front of the stove. He's a mess. I think he even has a cut on his left hand, seeing there's one of his fingers is wrapped in band aid.

"Y-You idiot! What are you doing? Are you trying to destroy the kitchen?!" I burst out. What the hell is this? I walked towards him and saw something black served in a plate placed beside the stove. What the. . .

I took it with my hands, examining it. "Hey Killua, could you tell me what this black and foul thing is that's giving off stench?" Seriously, it smells like nothing I've ever smelled in my whole life.

Killua faced me. He looked apologetic. First time I've seen that expression. It would have been cute if it only this whole thing wasn't happening. "T-That was supposed to be a curry."

"What?! Don't insult curries, you stupid! Are you trying to poison yourself with this?" What is he cooking? He could've just waited for me to wake up and cook for him! He can't eat this thing! It looks horrible!

He glared at me. Looks like he snapped. "No, idiot! I just thought that I should make you dinner! Ugh that's it! I'm out of here!" He took off the apron and walked out of the kitchen. Then I heard the front door slam.

I was stunned. H-He made all of this . . for me? But I thought he was hungry so he made dinner for himself. My heart is thumping so loud. What have I done? He went all this trouble just to cook dinner for me. I think my heart just melted. How touching.

But I shouted at him and said those unpleasant things to him. But I didn't know! I thought he was cooking for himself and I can't blame myself if I got angry when I saw the whole kitchen all dirty and . . . Come to think of it, how come there's a knife stabbed on the wall?

But anyways, I should apologize to him. Where did he go? I took my coat and dashed outside to find him. But it's already dark. Where could he have gone? And it's cold too.

The park! The park is the nearest here. By this time, there's not much people there. I should go and check that place first. I started to walk fast.

My heart is racing and is beating so loud. Why would he go to all that trouble? He perfectly knew that I can cook, but why would he cook for me?

Oh, this feeling again! Why is it so hard to get rid of this feeling? I clenched my hands. I can't be feeling like this right now. I should be focusing on finding Killua-kun and apologize to him. What I said was harsh. But I was just shocked! It's really stupid of him to cook when he has no skills whatsoever in it.

But somehow, my heart was melted by that. It feels so warm, so light. I don't know why, but this feeling, I only feel this with Killua. I was so touched I feel like crying.