Part of the Crowd

Can We Start Again, Please?
Please log in to read the full chapter

After the Award Show

“How was I?” Minkyung fell hands on her shoulder and a voice in her ear.

“You were absolutely amazing!” She yelled hugging him and kissing his cheek. “You all had so much energy and you, well,” She lowered her voice. “I just can’t get over how hot you look when you perform.” She winked at him and walked away towards the rest of the guys to congratulate them.

“You guys were all so great!” Minkyung game them thumbs up and fisted the air enthusiastically. “Watching the show from the audience was so exhilarating!” She high fived all of them and they all talked while Minho was talking to Soojin.

“Soojin told me that you are all going to an after party after you get changed, so have fun!” Minkyung waved goodbye as she walked back over to where Soojin and Minho were talking.

“Oh good, come with me.” Soojin took Minkyung’s arm and pulled her towards a dressing room.

“What are you doing?” Minkyung asked, looking back at Minho, who just smiled at her.

“Well you can’t go to the after party in that. Everyone changes.” Soojin spread four outfits out for Minkyung to choose from.

“But I thought I wasn’t going to go to the after party.” Minkyung stated.

“Well, it all depended on how tonight went, and all of the fans took to you splendidly. Not to mention the speech Minho made for you onstage. You will be going with him everywhere now, now that he has declared his love for you to all of Korea and most of the world.” She took your wig off of you and put another one on your head before you could protest.

“Why am I changing my wig as well?” You asked as you picked up each outfit and eyed it over.

“Here just wear this one.” Soojin ignored your question for the moment and ped your dress, handing you a black strapless peplum top and leather skinny pants. “We are changing your wig because that is going to be your thing. Some idols have their nails, or a certain style that they always wear. Yours can be your wigs.” She smiled and put more lipstick on you.

“Slow down Soojin.” Minkyung pleaded as she watching Soojin running all around the room, poking and prodding at her.  “I don’t understand why I need to partake in this, I’m not a female idol. I don’t need to have a ‘thing’.”

“Oh, of course you do. Being Minho’s now very public girlfriend makes you almost the same status as all of those other girls. You will be watched everywhere you go.” Soojin sighed, wishing that that could be her life. “Now,” She opened a trunk and took out a pair of very high shiny black stilettos. “Put these on and you are finished.”

Minkyung turned around to see herself in the mirror and was shocked by the wig Soojin had put on her. “I can’t wear this.” She stammered, running her hands through it.

“Nonsense. It looks beautiful on you, and it gives you some colour since the whole outfit is black. The wig was long and straight, going from a solid black and fading into a lavender ombre at the bottom.

I would never do something like this to my hair. Minkyung thought stubbornly. “Alright, lets go!” She smiled at Soojin from the mirror and turned to leave the room. Waiting outside in the hallway for her was Minho.

“Oh wow.” He stared wide-eyed. “Those pants are tight.” He breathed out heavily.

“I-if you want I can change.” Minkyung looked down self-consciously. “I’ll just-”

“No, no! You look stunning. I’m just going to have to get used to everyone staring at you all of the time.” He put his arm around her and led her towards the exit.

“I didn’t even think that I was going to this. Does my hair look alright? Are you sure that these pants are okay? I feel really uncomfortable. And these shoes, I can barely walk, you’re practically carrying me for God’s sake.” Minkyung rambled as Minho helped her into the van.

“Wow Minkyung, you look really good.” Jonghyun smiled.

“Wah! They would never let me have my hair like that!” Key whined, holding the ends of Minkyung’s hair up to his head. “Wouldn’t I look good with purple hair?” Everyone just stared at him blankly, then started to laugh together as Key faked pouting.

“So what are the after parties usually like?” Minkyung asked, breaking into the conversation the guys were having.

“Well, it’s really just an excuse for everyone to get together and hang out. We don’t all get to see each other very often because of our schedules. There is a lot of drinking and talking.” Onew laughed. “We play a lot of drinking games.”

“If you don’t have a good time we can leave, okay?” Minho reassured Minkyung, rubbing her arm and kissing her temple.

“Alright.” She smiled. “But I think I’ll be alright to stay. It should be fun. You will have a lot of people to introduce me to.”

Please log in to read the full chapter