A New what?

Can We Start Again, Please?
Please log in to read the full chapter

When Minkyung woke up at nine in the morning she was alone. Minho had a radio interview he had to go to before they went house hunting and he wasn’t going to be back until twelve. She got up and got dressed, walking down to the convenience store attached to her apartment building.

As she was getting a coffee she noticed Minho on the front of a tabloid. She put the coffee down and looked at the magazine, and then noticed several others with his face on it... and hers.

She quickly grabbed them all and pulled her sunglasses over her eyes. She brought the magazines and her coffee to the front to pay for them. The cashier stared at her and smiled as he rang her through. She practically ran out of the store and back to her apartment.

When Minkyung got back to her apartment she put her pajama bottoms back on and got back into bed with her coffee, spreading the magazines out in front of her. Her phone buzzed.

From Minho

Going to be home a back early, see you in an hour.

Minkyung opened the first magazine. The picture on the front was from the restaurant only hours before. How do people get this stuff out so fast? She asked herself.

MINHO FLAUNTING HIS NEW GIRL

“We all saw his confession for his new girlfriend, Minkyung at last night’s award shows, and this picture seems to prove that they aren’t doing this for the money. Is this for real, or just for publicity?”

 

Minkyung shut the magazine and opened another one.

FOR REAL? HE PICKED HER?

“SHINee’s Minho has a girlfriend. Why is he dating her though? What is going on behind the scenes for this to be happening?”

Minkyung threw the magazine at the door. She couldn’t believe what these magazines were saying, why was it their business why they were dating or if they were even dating at all? She spent the next hour reading through the rest of the magazines and huffing over what she was seeing. There were pictures of her and Minho at the awards show, at the party with the rest of the idols and even getting out of the car when they went back to her apartment.

That’s when it hit her.

She was never going to be completely alone ever again.

* * * * *

“Hey I’m back!” She heard Minho yell as he took his shoes off in the front hallway.  

“Hi.” Minkyung said as she poured herself a glass of water.

“What’s the matter? Are you still tired?” He teased, hugging her. He put his bag down and went into the bedroom to change. “Minks!” He yelled. “What are all of these?” He leaned his head out of the room.

“Uh, tabloids.” She answered shyly.

“Why do you have so many?”

“I bought them all.” She stated, walking towards her room.

“Why?” He was looking at the pile of magazines, looking bewildered.

“Cause I wanted to read what they were saying about us.”

“Well what are they saying?”

“That we are only together for publicity.” Minkyung looked down at her feet and then went to grab the magazines. “You know what, its stupid, yea, I’m just gonna throw them out.” She walked into the kitchen and put them in the trashcan.

“Don’t let it bother

Please log in to read the full chapter