7

Everything, Everything.

Zoey woke up to the sound of her phone ringing next to her ear interrupting her from her dream world. She grabbed the phone not even looking at who was calling her. And groaned into the telephone that being her way to say hello.

“Wake up sleepyhead it’s almost ten! Come to the practice room!” Himchan sounding a little too excited for the early morning, she groaned before she  responded.

“Ok, ok. By the way what time did you guys finish last night?” she laid on her back slowly trying to slide herself the bed.

“2:30!” He said with an annoyed tone.

She looked at the phone confused and then brought it back to her ear. “So then why are you so damn hyper!”

“Coffee, coffee! Hurry up, I want to see you before we start practicing again.” Then the line went dead.

Zoey struggled to lift the covers from her body, exposing her warm body to the bitter cold that was in the room. Looking over at the clock sitting at the end table she sighed and got up from bed. She headed towards the bathroom and took a quick shower. Once finished with everything she grabbed her phone and looked for Manager Choi.

“Oppa, I’m headed to the company right now I shouldn’t be there for long so don’t rush to come with me. Relax for you and I both.” she headed towards the front door.

“This girl, why didn’t you tell me you was going?” His voice sounding as if she woke him up from a deep sleep. She felt bad because she was in the same situation 45 minutes back.

Zoey stuck the phone in her scarf as she walked out of her apartment building, not wanting to feel the cold pre-winter breeze on her hands.

“I didn’t know I was going to go! Oppa, let me call you when I get there ok? It’s freezing outside, so please bundle up when you do head over here.” She stuffed her face deeper and deeper into her scarf.

“Ok. Be good.” He ended the call.

She quickly grabbed her phone from the inside of her scarf and stuffed it in her hands. She decided to walk to the building stopping by a coffee shop to grab herself a drink and something to munch on as she headed over to work. She regretted not taking the car as she slowly start get back the feeling and warmth in her face.

“Two more blocks, two more blocks.” She recited to herself with each step she made.

           

After what felt like a two-hour walk she reached the companies main entrance. She greeted the lady at the front desk before entering the elevator to head to B.A.P.s practice room. Zoey felt her body and face slowly defrosting from the brutal walk she just managed to embark.

Zoey got to the floor that their studio was on she looked through the window on the door, to see an empty room. She turned the doorknob and let herself in.

“Hello? Himchan?” She called out as she looked around and found someone sitting with his back faced towards the door.

“He’s not here.” A cold voice replied to back at her.

“Daehyun?” She reached him and peered around to meet his face.

“What do you want? Why are you here?” he faced her, his eyes showing nothing but disinterest and irritation.

She gave him a small smile, hoping to lighten up the mood. “I just came here cause Himchan wanted to meet up with me before you started your practice.”

“Well, he’s not here he stepped out to get some food and drinks. I’ll let him know you came here. You can go back to wherever you came from.” Clearly the mood was not lightening up any time soon as he turned his back to the computer, she wanted to say something but held back her words knowing that there wasn’t any point of trying to get through to him.

She turned to go leave the studio.

“Why did you even come here?” she heard Daehyun call out.

“What?” she turned around to meet his cold gaze.

He stepped a little closer to her, to intimidate her. “You heard me why did you even come?” he answered her in a harsh tone.

“I told you I’m here because Him-.” she stepped back not wanting to get into anything with him.

He interrupted her letting out a chuckle and looked at her. “No, no not why you are here today, why did you come back, I’m sure you are smart enough to know that he doesn’t want you here. You’ve done enough damage for one year and you being back here doesn’t really help your cause.”

Zoey could handle a lot of things people not speaking to her, people giving her attitudes, but one thing she couldn't stand was when people downright disrespected her. She thought to herself "He has some nerve speaking to me as if we were the ones dating. I refuse to let him think of me as something that I am not." She closed the distance between them and looked at him right in the eye.

 “I didn’t come back for him, I didn’t say, “Geez, well let’s head back to Korea to make Yongguks’ life miserable. I came back because this is my home, my job is here, my friends are here and I’m sorry you feel that way but this isn’t any of your business what happened between him and I -”

He looked at her with anger in his eyes, “This isn’t my business? This is everyone’s business as far as I’m concerned you want to know why? Because you made it everyone’s business, you left him when he needed you. You don’t come in here and start acting like whatever happened between the two of you is in the past. It isn’t, you ran away from the problem and now it’s here back at square one. Don’t act all shy and innocent cause I know what the truth is. You are-.”

“Enough.” The both of you turned around alarmed at the sudden interruption.

Her eyes began to water causing everything around her fog up but she knew that voice from anywhere. She quickly tilt her head back to suppress the threatening tears that wanted to come out.

“Hyung, I was just-.” Daehyun responded while having his head down in embarrassment.

“I know but it isn’t your place.” Yongguk made his way to Daehyun & Zoey.

Zoey grabbed her bag that was on the floor and made her way to the door when Himchan appeared causing her to run into his chest, his hand on shoulder to break the sudden collision.

“Hey! you’re here I got you some coffee. What’s, what’s wrong with you?” He took a step away from her to look at Zoeys' expression.

Her eyes tearing up again she looked up at him into his eyes. Ignoring what he had said she continued her way to the recording studio. Walking as quickly as possible so no one could see her crumble. She made it to the door, her safe place and let it all out.

            Zoey laid on the couch with a blanket over her, replaying over and over what Daehyun had told her, she knew what he was saying was true that she had ran away from her problems instead of facing it. She never knew that things would have been this bad. She curled up into a ball, the look in Yongguks’ face when they turned their attention to catch him in the doorway. There was no trace of compassion; no trace of nothing the face she once found so easy to read was now a stranger to her. He had become a stranger to her in a couple of months.

            A knock at the door had awoken her out of her thoughts, she peeked her head out of the blanket and looked at the door, hoping whoever it was would go away.

“It’s me. Please open the door.” Himchan said in a soft voice.

She sighed and fixed herself on the couch with the blanket wrapped around her still, “It’s open, come in.”

Himchan peeked his head inside and entered with two cups of coffee in his hands.

He smiled and looked down at the fragile state that Zoey was in. “Let’s talk.” He handed her the cup of coffee and sat down.

 

 

“What exactly were you doing back there?” Yongguk looked down at Daehyun who sat on the couch with his head down.

“Hyung, I’m sorry but she was here looking for Himchan and I don’t know I just got mad, mad that she is acting like nothing happened.” He peeked up at Yongguk.

 “Still coming at her like that is not the way to do that. The problem between her and I doesn’t need to affect you and her. I know you want to protect me and are angry for me but you don’t need to treat her like that. She and I will eventually have to talk things through.” He ran a hand through his hair and sighed taking a seat next to his bandmate, his friend, he felt for him, he knew why he would say something like that to Zoey. He just couldn’t stand anyone who spoke to her like that, the look on her face was helpless, he saw the tears that were pent up at the corner of her eyes, part of him wanted to come up to her and wipe them away. But then another part wanted to see her cry and see her in pain, part of him felt as though as she deserved everything that was being said.

“Hyung how can you act like if everything is alright? Are you actually over everything that happened between you two? I saw how you went out with your brother-in-law and would come back drunk, so you are not ok.”

Yongguk leaned his head back to the wall closing his eyes. “I’m not alright, you’re right about that. But if I act the way I acted a year ago the group won’t benefit from this, we have a job and our job is to put aside all of our personal feelings and what we are going through and perform. So that’s what I’m doing. Ignoring her, ignoring the pain I feel. I'll be ok, things will play out as the need to. But not you nor anyone can speak to her like that. Do you understand?” he said in a serious tone.

“Hyung.” Daehyun looked at his hyung with a sadden expression knowing that what Yongguk was doing wasn’t healthy at all.

“I promise I’ll be alright.” he looked at Daehyun from the corner of his eye.

 

“I already drank coffee and ate, but thank you.” She set the cup down on the table in front of them.

“What happened back there?” Himchan asked while playing with his cup, Zoey chuckled.

“They didn’t tell you, I’m sure he enjoyed every second of that.” She bit her lip and looked at Himchan.

Himchan confused by what she said, “What are you talking about, I just dropped the drinks and came over here. Why did you have that look on your face?”

She sighed and laid her head on the pillow that was on the couch. “Youngjae was right, Daehyun is mad at me. When I entered the room I was looking for you I let myself in because I saw no one in there. When Daehyun answered saying you weren’t there. Then he asked me what was the reason for me being there and that I hurt Yongguk. He was right about everything and just before he could finish Yongguk walked in and interrupted him. That’s when I left and you came.”

Himchan sighed and laid back on the couch. “I’m sorry you had to deal with that alone, you should have called me. I will have a talk to him later on don’t worry about that.”

Zoey waved her hands in protest. “No, no don’t say anything to him I don’t want them to know anything. I don’t need him to think I was crying or anything just let it be. For all I know Yongguk probably put him up to this.” She sighed and put her hands behind her head.

“You don’t know Yongguk then.” Himchan replied in a small voice. He continued. “I know that he was upset, sad and even disappointed in the whole situation with you, but just know that he would never, ever let anyone of us or just anyone speak to you like that. He wouldn’t want anyone to make you cry. I know you don’t want to hear about him or how he feels but let me just let you know this. I spoke to him last night after practice and he told me how he was bothered in seeing you but he was happy that you were back and that-.”

“Stop it, I don’t need you to lie. I do know Yongguk, I know how he looked at me and I know how I left him a year ago.” She took a deep breath and looked at Himchan. “You want me to tell you exactly what happened a year ago, let me know what you know so I can fill in the rest.”

Himchan nodded his head, “Honestly, I don’t know anything about anything. When you two broke up it hit him hard, he wouldn’t speak about you to anyone. It was like if you had died, that’s how he acted. You were a hands off topic.”

She gasped for breath without knowing her body stopped functioning once Himchan spoke, as if the words he was saying were a spell. More like a curse.

“Well, then we will start from the beginning."