13

Everything, Everything.

 Thunder and lightning was what Zoey woke up to the next morning. She stretched and reached out for her phone and saw three unread text messages, two from Hyorin and one from SooHyuk.

“What if he’s texting me to say this was a horrible date and recant what I said last night?” she thought out loud, she pushed her phone underneath her pillow. She threw her covers over her head and closed her eyes hoping that she would fall asleep until tomorrow. Her phone buzzed again and again, peaking from one eye she grabbed her phone and saw two new text messages both from Hyorin. She pressed the home button and went to the text.

Hyorin: Wake up! I’m coming over it’s nasty today, I want to spend my day off with my best friend.

Hyorin: Wake Up!!!

Hyorin: I hope you woke up cause I’m on my way.

Hyorin: I’m here come open the door for me. You changed your passcode again.

 

Zoey rolled her eyes and heard the pounding on her front door. She lazily got herself out of bed with her blanket wrapped around her and bunny slippers on her feet and dragged herself to the door. Zoey found a smiling Hyorin on the other side of the door she motioned her hand for her to come in and closed the door behind her.

“Morning best friend!” Hyorin took her shoes off in the hallway and put on her own stay in slippers. Zoey followed Hyorin into the bedroom.

“Morning why do you have your pajamas on? Weren’t you embarrassed to walk into the building like that?” Zoey got back in bed laying on the right side of her queen size bed and Hyorin taking a seat on the left.

“Well consider this a slumber party today. I’m scared of this weather! So I wanted to see you and spend my day with you. I mean come on it’s been a year since we’ve done one of these things.” Hyorin snuggled herself into the now stretched out blanket turning on her side to face Zoey. Zoey looked at her best friend and raised her eyebrow sensing that there was more to this just “hanging out” story that she was giving her.

“You sure it’s that or is it that you want to know about the date.”

“Listen, I’m being very sincere right now I want to see you. If we happen to talk about I don’t know your date I wouldn’t mind it is a part of the conversation, I’m here to enjoy your company.” She gave Zoey an angelic smile while Zoey threw her a straight face followed by her rolling her eyes.

“Let’s get this over with.” Zoey let out a big sigh she saw from the corner of her eye Hyorin smiling and clapping and began to laugh at the sight of her best friend acting like a little girl.

“Ask me whatever you want.”

Hyorin let out a big breath and started.

“How was it? Did you kiss? Where did you go? How long did you stay out? Is there going to be another date? If so where and when? If not I want to know why. I think I’m done, I think these are all the questions I have for right now.”

Zoey laughed at the amount of questions Hyorin had for her, it was like if she was in an interview.

“The date was good I enjoyed everything he’s a pleasant guy to talk to. We went to some Italian restaurant very fancy shmancy then we went to Hongdae hung around there for the night which ended at around midnight. I think there should be another date he texted me today, But I have yet to reply, I’m afraid that this will be a sorry I’m not interested in you text and what’s worse in having your first date in years be a total wreck.” Zoey finished her thought and Hyorin kept quite for a long minute.

“And the kiss? Yes or no?” Hyorin let out in a sing songy tone.

“Yes.”

“Ah!” Hyorin threw the covers above her head and kicked her feet. She regained her composure and turned to Zoey again.

“So did we like it?” Hyorin changed her excited tone of voice to one that was more serious. Zoey looked at her and chuckled.

“It was good, we very much liked. But guess who I saw yesterday?”

“Who! Yongguk? Anyone of his friends? Anyone from the company?”

“Nope. I saw Yongguk’s sister and her husband not sure if they saw me but I saw them they were walking in the park that SooHyuk and I were at. I saw them and ran for my life.”

“Why? You think they would be mad or something?”

Zoey turned to her side leaning her head on her right hand.

“No I don’t think they’d be mad. I think they would’ve told Yongguk and you know the way we were, SooHyuk and I, it was very obvious it was a date. They could’ve told him that you know she has a boyfriend, she has moved on or she is a all of these things.”

Hyorin lightly hit the back of Zoey’s head.

“Ya don’t be ridiculous! You think they would say something like that?”

“That’s family. I’m pretty sure if you saw I don’t know SooHyuks ex girlfriend out and about with a guy, that you would report to him right away.”

“You’re right. I think you shouldn’t worry if she saw you I am sure she would’ve reached out to by now.”

Zoey turned around back to her old position looking up at the ceiling.

“I’m not sure. I just don’t want her to tell him anything. Especially since there’s nothing going on with your cousin and I we are just casually dating. Nothing serious. Last thing I need is a passive aggressive Yongguk at my door saying he thinks I am rude, but he is happy for me, if that is what I want and who I want to be with so be it.” Zoey looked out the window and followed the raindrops that were racing down her window.

“I mean you guys did have some closer before. I think he should be good.” Hyorin’s tone of voice didn’t match her positive words. Zoey felt the uncertainty that Hyorin felt. There wasn’t any closer no one would be sure how Yongguk would take this. She thought about how she would feel if he started to date someone and she found out. It would bother her because how could someone who claims they love her so much find someone else.

“We didn’t have closer. He held my hands and then you called. I left and I haven’t spoken to him since that was one month ago. Last time I saw him was a week ago he passed by me in the hallway and we didn’t say anything.”

“You think he is waiting for you to say something like, “Hey buddy, I was wondering if you and could pick up where we left off” you know that kind of thing?”

Zoey turned to look and Hyorin with her eyebrow raised and head cocked to the side.

“Buddy? Since when do I say buddy?” Zoey laughed at Hyorin’s comment.

Hyorin punched her arm lightly, “You know what I meant jerk!” she laughed and continued “Like what if he thinks that if you really want to make things right then you have to go the extra mile, you know since you are the one that left him.”

            “Gee thanks best friend you know how to make me feel better.” Zoey narrowed her eyes at Hyorin.

“You know what I mean. Like he just wants you to make an effort not him.”

Zoey thought to herself Hyorin is right what if he was waiting for something like that, but how does she continue now a month later. She had waited it out for too long, if she brings it up now it would feel insincere and if she ignored it she would look like a , not really something Zoey was fond of being.

“I guess I’ll speak to him but it’s best if we do it outside of the company, too many eyes you know.” Zoey sighed placing her hands on her forehead.

“Well just do it. Get it over with. Treat it like a band-aid it hurts when you rip it off but once you do it all is well. You should also text my cousin because if you ignore he’s going to think you are blowing him off, jerk.” Hyorin grabbed Zoey’s phone from underneath her pillow and tried to unlock it so she could text her cousin. She put in the code she knew for all these years 0-1-1-2. Didn’t work. 0-1-1-2 again nothing.

“Hey, what did you do? You changed the outside code and this one too?! What are we shutting me out?” Hyorin sat right up and looked down at a laughing Zoey. Zoey grabbed the phone out of Hyorins hand and put her new passcode in. She started scrolling through her messages debating if she should read Soo-Hyuk’s text.

“Hello? Are you going to answer me?” Hyorin poked Zoey in the stomach.

“I changed it because too many people know my codes and if I still had it, I would be holding on to the past. Also I don’t want you in my house til two in the morning eating my Nutella and not buying some more!”

Hyorin laid back down and turned to her side grabbing her own phone. “I’m sorry, just give me the passcode again I promise I’ll buy you a year worth of Nutella.”

Zoey laughed and opened up the message.

“You could have it but I want Nutella sent to me everyday to my office. Look at what your cousin said”

Soo-Hyuk: I had an awesome time last night, wish we could do it again very soon! Let me know what you’re doing tomorrow maybe we could go bike riding?

Soo-Hyuk: Oh and Good Morning beautiful.

 

“Oh.My.God! He so likes you, I told you it wasn’t anything bad he just wanted to talk about how awesome my best friend is. So are you going to call him or text him back?” Zoey looked at Hyorin who was looking at her all wide eyed and went back to the message on her phone and began to type.

“What are you typing?”

“None of your business!”

“Yah, you are shutting me out. You never do this I don’t like this new and improved Zoey!”

“It’s not new and improved it’s I don’t want anyone to know what I’m saying until things are serious, again we are just casually dating.”

“Whatever.”

 

            “Let me pay!” Zoey attempted to push Soo-Hyuk out of the way so she could pay for their coffees and pastries, but it was no use his body was way to heavy for her weak bones. Soo-Hyuk look down at Zoey and messed up her hair with his right hand while giving the cashier his card with his left.

“You’re so annoying, Soo-Hyuk it’s bad enough you pay for everything else. Let me pay for at least something.” Zoey grabbed the coffees and headed towards an empty table.

“I’m not letting you pay for anything unless I don’t have my card or cash. Which will never happen so get used to this.” Zoey looked up at Soo-Hyuk with her eyebrows scrunched up and her bottom lip pouted. “So annoying.” Zoey mumbled before she took a sip of her hot chocolate.

“You know this is our fourth date. I think I could call you my girlfriend by now.” Soo-Hyuk smirked at Zoey and enclosed her legs from under the table with his own.

 

            Two weeks had passed by since Zoey saw Hyorin and almost two months had passed since she had seen Yongguk. Zoey wasn’t complaining she got used to Soo-Hyuk’s company, there was no doubt in her mind that she was attracted to him, that his presence was calming and she wanted to be with him almost always. But something was bothering her, as much as she enjoyed spending time with Soo-Hyuk she felt guilty for not being open with Yongguk and letting him know about her current situation. She felt as though as she was betraying him.

 

“I’m not your girlfriend though.” She smiled and played with her spoon, mixing the whip cream into the hot chocolate.

“So then what are you?”

Zoey put her finger on her chin and looked up into the air.

“Hm… Not your girlfriend, but not your friend. What can we label each other? How about no labels and just call each other two people who like each others company.”

Soo-Hyuk smiled and held her hand that was stretched out on the table.

“That’s fine by me. I can’t believe I haven’t bored you yet, I think I’ve taken you to all the museums that I could think and I’m pretty sure I’ve run out of embarrassing stories from my childhood. I think you need to find someone else now.”

Zoey nodded her head. “You’re right I should. I have no idea what I’m doing here talking to someone who is this boring. How sad is this? Who does something like this, god forbid I enjoy spending time with someone, this is blasphemy.”

Soo-Hyuk narrowed his eyes at Zoey, but began to laugh.

“Your sarcasm always manages to crack me up, you know?”

Zoey smiled at him and turned her gaze to the crowd. She saw girls sitting at tables laughing and gossiping most likely talking about boys they have crushes on, their bias and what color lipstick would look best with their outfits. She then looked at an elderly couple sitting a couple of seats away from her and smiled. She saw the way the husband was staring at his wife and making her laugh, she hoped one day that she could find something like that. That in the midst of all this celebrity, idol, singer, and heart war, that she could find someone just like that for her.  Her eyes then narrowed to three boys sitting right by the elderly couple, she saw the back of their heads and thought that they were oddly familiar, she squinted her eyes trying to make out anything that would help her out with this feeling. Suddenly one of the boys turned their head to the side and she saw his profile, it was Zelo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

++Again, a big thank you to everyone who has subscribed welcome! I hope you enjoy the story and this chapter.

To everyone please leave comments down below leave me some suggestions or thoughts and also upvote this story.

Thank you again! Stay posted for some more updates very soon!++